Need help in solving a mystery

192°
Deal Cadet
just_asim

Today all of a sudden received a SMS notification from Amazon Pay of Tata Sky being recharged from my number, I was shocked as I have no Amazon account linked to that number but when I tried to log in it prompted for password so somehow reset the password from OTP and logged in and to my surprise someone indeed recharged a Tata Sky account, so contacted Amazon and came to know that this account was created on 3rd March Via OTP authentication but I have received no such OTP from Amazon secondly Tata Sky says that subscriber ID in that duration of 30mins got topped up 10times with a denomination of ₹150, apart from that both the parties (Amazon and Tata Sky) said they can’t give out more information citing privacy 

Does this mean that my phone or SIM is compromised as he was able to create the account without OTP 🤔🤔


Expired
20 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

kitne daler ho gaye ha yeh scammer.dth recharge kar liya, it can be easily tracked but police wont do it without chai paani.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

kitne daler ho gaye ha yeh scammer.dth recharge kar liya, it can be easily tracked but police wont do it without chai paani.

Chai paani leke bi kuch nahi karegi.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Might be something wrong from their side. But they never agree and blame it on user. From last 2 months, i am receiving intimation/verification mails from Amazon.uk after my logging in via 2FA on Amazon.in site. Anyone facing this or Am I alone?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
ashish0193 wrote:

Chai paani leke bi kuch nahi karegi.

chai paani leke to tumhara scooter pe seatbelt ka challan kar de

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
ULYSSES wrote:

Might be something wrong from their side. But they never agree and blame it on user. From last 2 months, i am receiving intimation/verification mails from Amazon.uk after my logging in via 2FA on Amazon.in site. Anyone facing this or Am I alone?

I too receive that on some accounts, I think that’s official measure 

Delhi Capitals Delhi Capitals
Link Copied

Mystery mene socha it may be about some girls

Critic Critic
Link Copied

To eliminate possibility of SIM compromise, replace your SIM and  do a factory reset of your phone. Also, you can change the linked email of that amazon account. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
panchabhut wrote:

To eliminate possibility of SIM compromise, replace your SIM and  do a factory reset of your phone. Also, you can change the linked email of that amazon account. 

Will replace the SIM but that’s again a big hassle as it’s BSNL 😑😑

There’s no email account linked to that Amazon account, I don’t use that number anywhere, Amazon needs proof that account belongs to me before deleting it 😪😪

Elite Elite
Link Copied

Are you able to login to the Amazon account using OTP? If so, change the password to prevent further abuse. Then apply for a SIM replacement immediately. Or port to some other provider and then port back to BSNL, which may be quicker than asking for a SIM replacement from BSNL.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
ULYSSES wrote:

Might be something wrong from their side. But they never agree and blame it on user. From last 2 months, i am receiving intimation/verification mails from Amazon.uk after my logging in via 2FA on Amazon.in site. Anyone facing this or Am I alone?

Thats not something new..That’s how it works.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
just_asim wrote:

Will replace the SIM but that’s again a big hassle as it’s BSNL 😑😑

There’s no email account linked to that Amazon account, I don’t use that number anywhere, Amazon needs proof that account belongs to me before deleting it 😪😪

the registered number belongs to you. what else proof they need.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
just_asim wrote:

Will replace the SIM but that’s again a big hassle as it’s BSNL 😑😑

There’s no email account linked to that Amazon account, I don’t use that number anywhere, Amazon needs proof that account belongs to me before deleting it 😪😪

how were the payments done for the dth recharges?

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
just_asim wrote:

Will replace the SIM but that’s again a big hassle as it’s BSNL 😑😑

There’s no email account linked to that Amazon account, I don’t use that number anywhere, Amazon needs proof that account belongs to me before deleting it 😪😪

It’s very easy to get sim replacement from BSNL. Just fill a form, submit id proof and you will instantly get new sim. Tell any reason like you want nano sim for new phone and old sim was not being cut properly. They won’t ask you more questions.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Tekk wrote:

Thats not something new..That’s how it works.

Technically there is nothing wrong in balancing load but it’s confusing for users. At 1st, I thought my account was compromised until I saw the time, device, location in subject.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

How much loss u have to bear?

And did tatasky/play or amazon helped u getting refund?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
7H4NO5 wrote:

It’s very easy to get sim replacement from BSNL. Just fill a form, submit id proof and you will instantly get new sim. Tell any reason like you want nano sim for new phone and old sim was not being cut properly. They won’t ask you more questions.

Will try and update tomorrow

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
kartikxxx wrote:

How much loss u have to bear?

And did tatasky/play or amazon helped u getting refund?

No help from Amazon and Tata Sky (provided them with subscriber id of the culprit yet no action)

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply