Need help regarding credit card usage

52°
Deal Cadet
45
221
8

Today I’m going to buy jewellery in an offline showroom using credit Card. I’ve Amazon pay icici and HDFC regalia credit card. I want to know if Amazon card will give 1% cashback on offline jewellery shop or I’ve to use regalia card which gives around 1.3 %. Also please tell me whats the reward redemption charge in regalia Card

13 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
0
4134
52
Ananthth wrote:

Today I’m going to buy jewellery in an offline showroom using credit Card. I’ve Amazon pay icici and HDFC regalia credit card. I want to know if Amazon card will give 2% cashback on offline jewellery shop or I’ve to use regalia card which gives around 1.3 reward points.

1% for Amazon card

149
736
10

Apay gives 1% outside amazon.. better use regalia

45
221
8
ddstar wrote:

Apay gives 1% outside amazon.. better use regalia

Okay what will be the difference between amazon and regalia. Reward redemption charge is there in hdfc??

58
208
1
ddstar wrote:

Apay gives 1% outside amazon.. better use regalia

Don’t use regalia. 1.3% return is just on book. You have to accumulate points which expire in sometime and moreover you get 1.3% cb only on flight and hotel booking and that too only 70% can be paid by points rest by cash. If you use regalia points to redeem in any other category you get 0.3-0.5% value back only. Use apay card u get 1% in your amazon account. Simple and easy. And moreover hdfc charges redemption fees.

69
1066
9

Regalia is good only if one can reach the bonus reward point milestone. It gives 15000 points for 5L spends and additional 5000 points for 8L spends. Better used Apay ICICI card if 5L target cannot be achieved.

45
221
8
Expand
ssgrocker wrote:

Don’t use regalia. 1.3% return is just on book. You have to accumulate points which expire in sometime and moreover you get 1.3% cb only on flight and hotel booking and that too only 70% can be paid by points rest by cash. If you use regalia points to redeem in any other category you get 0.3-0.5% value back only. Use apay card u get 1% in your amazon account. Simple and easy. And moreover hdfc charges redemption fees.

Okay bro thank you

105
412
4
Snikeus wrote:

Regalia is good only if one can reach the bonus reward point milestone. It gives 15000 points for 5L spends and additional 5000 points for 8L spends. Better used Apay ICICI card if 5L target cannot be achieved.

10000 bonus points for 5L and additional 5000 points for 8L

50
1035
8

Not sure about exactly what happens, but as per
https://www.amazon.in/cbcc/mark...ge

1% is given on everything except fuel and gold.
So I guess it might depend on the merchant category code of the shop, or maybe since not yet misused 1% is given in jewellery shops.
Experienced users might be able to confirm though. I just wanted to point out the T&C.

105
412
4
Expand
ssgrocker wrote:

Don’t use regalia. 1.3% return is just on book. You have to accumulate points which expire in sometime and moreover you get 1.3% cb only on flight and hotel booking and that too only 70% can be paid by points rest by cash. If you use regalia points to redeem in any other category you get 0.3-0.5% value back only. Use apay card u get 1% in your amazon account. Simple and easy. And moreover hdfc charges redemption fees.

While it’s correct that 1.3% return is only for flights and hotel booking(only 70% of points can be paid through points,30% by cards) reward rate for gift vouchers is 0.9% when you redeem it from smartbuy portal.(1420 points is 500 voucher). Redemption fees is 99+gst. So 1% Amazon pay sounds better but again if you think that you will be able to spend 5L this year then regalia becomes better since reward rate will be around 1.6% (13.3k normal points and 10k bonus points).

Also, if you spend a lot on Amazon pay cards, there is a high chance that they will cancel/block card.(not 100% sure but heard people in the past talk about it)

45
221
8
Expand
Fanil wrote:

While it’s correct that 1.3% return is only for flights and hotel booking(only 70% of points can be paid through points,30% by cards) reward rate for gift vouchers is 0.9% when you redeem it from smartbuy portal.(1420 points is 500 voucher). Redemption fees is 99+gst. So 1% Amazon pay sounds better but again if you think that you will be able to spend 5L this year then regalia becomes better since reward rate will be around 1.6% (13.3k normal points and 10k bonus points).

Also, if you spend a lot on Amazon pay cards, there is a high chance that they will cancel/block card.(not 100% sure but heard people in the past talk about it)

Thanks for the detailed reply bro. Kg+  I made my purchase using Amazon card 55k my limit is 60k, rest I paid via hdfc. Hope they won’t block the card.

45
221
8
Seinfeld wrote:

Not sure about exactly what happens, but as per
https://www.amazon.in/cbcc/mark...ge

1% is given on everything except fuel and gold.
So I guess it might depend on the merchant category code of the shop, or maybe since not yet misused 1% is given in jewellery shops.
Experienced users might be able to confirm though. I just wanted to point out the T&C.

Except gold grimacing grimacing I saw your post after I used my card 🥺

69
1066
9
Expand
Fanil wrote:

10000 bonus points for 5L and additional 5000 points for 8L

Thanks for correcting

Missing