Need help with passport renewal

Deal Subedar

Hi guys , 

my passport expired and I want to renew , I'm currently living in rented place (3 years ) ( Punjab)  , My passport was issued in my hometown address (Uttarpradesh ) , as I'm not able to go my hometown, how can I renew my passport having hometown address printed on passport but apply from Punjab nearest passport office is chandigarh. 

Can anyone help out please. Thanks

7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Generous Generous
Link Copied

Don't do that.

Police enquiry will be triggered at your hometown. And they will ask why you choose Punjab PSK being resident of the UP.

Also, if you will choose two different address i.e. Permenant as UP and Present as Punjab, then 2 Police enquiry will be triggered.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Use hometown address as your permanent address (if it is) & your current address as your present address. You should have proof of present address like notarized rent agreement or your bank account passbook of any nationalised bank that clearly mentions your present address. Also make sure that your bank passbook contains your passport size photograph and get it attested by your bank manager with seal.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

You can apply at a PSK under RPO, Chandigarh. The police verification, if necessary, would be conducted at your home address. RPO,Chandigarh, would print and dispatch the passport at the address specified in the passport application form.

Generous Generous
Link Copied
Local Police will raise concerns about it, i.e. Why PSK Punjab when you are a resident of the UP?
Happened to me to even use PSK 300KMs from my hometown. Had to provide 3 years of documents and all to prove that my present and permanent address are the same.
View 5 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Got mine renewed last month, changed it to new address (using Aadhaar) as well, No police verification. Received the new passport in a week

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Can you please guide me how ? Was your new address in different state ? 

I have address updated in adhar in new address 

View 2 more replies
Click here to reply