Need Suggestions for Running Shoes

236°
Deal Subedar
190
1138
7

Need suggestions reg Running shoes from experts

Since the lockdown in 2020, I have gained quite a lot weight & thinking to burn some of it

Consider me as a beginner & usage will be mostly on road/ park

Budget can be around 2-2.5k

TIA

27 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
  • Sort By
214
4552
34

If you are living around kukatpally or lb nagar,go to metro wholesale you get branded shoes at unbelievable price.

50
458
6

https://www.desidime.com/discussions/what-are-y... there were few good discussions with pro tips and advice from the likes of @goss8877 @dealseeker @grootdeal and others, but now i just cannot find any😒
.
.
everything from breaking-in of shoes versus brands or specific desgins that do not need one to “break in” inti them or poinrs like foot imbalance (or whatever it is called) were discussed in those prior topics.
.
imbalance or the misaligned inward versus outward tilt that the foot falls .. when walking/running.

190
1138
7
rajarew wrote:

If you are living around kukatpally or lb nagar,go to metro wholesale you get branded shoes at unbelievable price.

Ha Pragathi Nagar ae manadi, btw how is decathlon ?

190
1138
7
anak wrote:

https://www.desidime.com/discussions/what-are-y... there were few good discussions with pro tips and advice from the likes of @goss8877 @dealseeker @grootdeal and others, but now i just cannot find any😒
.
.
everything from breaking-in of shoes versus brands or specific desgins that do not need one to “break in” inti them or poinrs like foot imbalance (or whatever it is called) were discussed in those prior topics.
.
imbalance or the misaligned inward versus outward tilt that the foot falls .. when walking/running.

Is it the correct thread ? All I could find is videos & links

214
4552
34
Expand
BaahubaIi wrote:

Ha Pragathi Nagar ae manadi, btw how is decathlon ?

Infact i am hearing this website name just since 6 months.no idea about that.

91
38883
633
anak wrote:

https://www.desidime.com/discussions/what-are-y... there were few good discussions with pro tips and advice from the likes of @goss8877 @dealseeker @grootdeal and others, but now i just cannot find any😒
.
.
everything from breaking-in of shoes versus brands or specific desgins that do not need one to “break in” inti them or poinrs like foot imbalance (or whatever it is called) were discussed in those prior topics.
.
imbalance or the misaligned inward versus outward tilt that the foot falls .. when walking/running.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/smileys/NP1A2.gif https://cdn0.desidime.com/smileys/jrII9.gif https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/206167/medium/307204-what.gif?1480845029

https://www.desidime.com/discussions/need-help-...
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/676242/original/7520927image.gif?1617713168 @BaahubaIi https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/676243/small/7520927image.gif
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/206187/medium/307389-poofan.gif?1480845060

https://cdn0.desidime.com/smileys/ssydj.gif

169
4825
26

For your budget Redtape shoes will be best. They are giving pretty good shoes at good prices. Like memory foam for comfort. I think their shoes are most value for money after 70-75% off.
Don’t buy their sub-brand (Bond Street etc), their quality is not at par.

You can even buy from their showroom also, Mostly they give flat 70% off.

90
270
5

Best is go with Mi shoes

I have been using it from last 2 years . I run for 6-7km 3-4 times in a week.
Very comfortable and build quality is very good

I got it in 1900 in sale

It is available on mi.com at 2999. It will be original product. Most of heavily discounted online shoes are not even genuine be it from Amazon or fk.
I purchased 3-4 times and found all of them as counterfeit and not durable/comfortable

50
290
5

Any well known brand that feels comfortable to u and is made for running. Don’t use walking shoes.

If u have big feet, try Skechers.

23
782
22

buy decathlon shoes.. most have 2 year warranty and you can find from ~800rs only. For beginners, they are good enough.

190
1138
7
akki4554 wrote:

buy decathlon shoes.. most have 2 year warranty and you can find from ~800rs only. For beginners, they are good enough.

Ya heard some good reviews online too, need to visit this weekend

190
1138
7
shriAyodhya wrote:

Best is go with Mi shoes

I have been using it from last 2 years . I run for 6-7km 3-4 times in a week.
Very comfortable and build quality is very good

I got it in 1900 in sale

It is available on mi.com at 2999. It will be original product. Most of heavily discounted online shoes are not even genuine be it from Amazon or fk.
I purchased 3-4 times and found all of them as counterfeit and not durable/comfortable

Weird that I never knew Mi sells shoe

Will check it out

91
38883
633
Expand
BaahubaIi wrote:

Your personal suggestion ?

Anything from Merrell Saucony

https://runrepe...om

@jlnithwf wrote: I agree with the weight part. I don’t consider weight of the shoes while purchasing them. Lightweight shoes are a boon only during the last moments of a pretty long run.

Being a runner, i read some literature on running and running shoes. Barefoot running is the new trend in running. It is not proven completely yet, but most people believe in it. What natural running says is that we should run the same way we would do on grass or barefoot, because this is how we have been walking/running since millions of years. In natural running, we land on toe of feet. After reading the literature, i bought new shoes with low heel height and more flexibility. And i loved the flexibility part – i am never going back to rigid shoes (basketball/tennis types) that restrict the foot movement.

Nike free series,New Balance Minimus series, Merrell, Kinvara, Inov, Saucony shoes are based on this concept. I wanted to try these and bought a pair of Nike Free TR 2 Cross-Training and New Balance 703 at huge discounts toungueout and i love them.

If you have time, then watch this video “Evolution running – run faster with fewer injuries”. It is available at torrents smile

One precaution: Toe to heel height is an important factor while choosing a running shoe. I prefer low to zero toe to heel height.


23
782
22
Expand
BaahubaIi wrote:

Ya heard some good reviews online too, need to visit this weekend

i gave up my walking shoes after 6 years, bought them for 499/-

54
200
3

will suggest Crew Street brand from Myntra. They are actually good.
find a pair with the these qualities
Engineered Knit ,EVA insole ,TPR sole.

1,468
13627
147

Thanks @goss8877 for the run repeat link. I have used Saucony, New balance, Asics as well as common names like Puma , Adidas. But the thing is good shoes are never about just brand names. It’s all about right fit, compatibility, longevity and Most importantly comfort. I had to return about 70% of shoes I ordered online because your foot is shape/ size quite unique…. Shoes sizes not so much ( though different shoe companies and their product lines serve people different foot shapes and comes with distinct size charts.)

Some points to remember while choosing a running shoe:

• Your Foot’s shape and size

• Your Average running speed.
• Your weigh.

• She Treads like (Tyre treads) Types of road or surface your most probably be running.

•Types of mid sole. And how thick would you like it to be. I always prefer EVA mid soles in that price range.

• International Shoes Brands puts more time and money in RND. I prefer them.


• Shoe MRP are excessively high. Try to get it with atleast 70% discount.

• Memory foam insoles give extra comfort while running for long time. Those insoles may not last as long as the shoe though.

1,468
13627
147

Running is good option to build stamina, endurance and weight loss.

But I think Swimming and some forms of dancing are better for burning calories, loosing fat from all around your body. It depends.

But you should definately have diet ( nutrition and caloric intake) plan for successfully losing weight while gaining fitness.

190
1138
7
Total_Fun wrote:

Thanks @goss8877 for the run repeat link. I have used Saucony, New balance, Asics as well as common names like Puma , Adidas. But the thing is good shoes are never about just brand names. It’s all about right fit, compatibility, longevity and Most importantly comfort. I had to return about 70% of shoes I ordered online because your foot is shape/ size quite unique…. Shoes sizes not so much ( though different shoe companies and their product lines serve people different foot shapes and comes with distinct size charts.)

Some points to remember while choosing a running shoe:

• Your Foot’s shape and size

• Your Average running speed.
• Your weigh.

• She Treads like (Tyre treads) Types of road or surface your most probably be running.

•Types of mid sole. And how thick would you like it to be. I always prefer EVA mid soles in that price range.

• International Shoes Brands puts more time and money in RND. I prefer them.


• Shoe MRP are excessively high. Try to get it with atleast 70% discount.

• Memory foam insoles give extra comfort while running for long time. Those insoles may not last as long as the shoe though.

Thanks & kg for your time

248
1685
8
Tera_Jija wrote:

For your budget Redtape shoes will be best. They are giving pretty good shoes at good prices. Like memory foam for comfort. I think their shoes are most value for money after 70-75% off.
Don’t buy their sub-brand (Bond Street etc), their quality is not at par.

You can even buy from their showroom also, Mostly they give flat 70% off.

Have u used them personally? Theres 70% off offer going on, 1400-1500 somthing after discount, thinking to consider them..

169
4825
26
Expand
flawlessking wrote:

Have u used them personally? Theres 70% off offer going on, 1400-1500 somthing after discount, thinking to consider them..

Yes, I am using it since last 5-6 months for running and sometimes casual wear. Very nice shoes. Purchased from showroom. You can try from Amazon or Flipkart, they will provide better deal mostly.

248
1685
8
Expand
Tera_Jija wrote:

Yes, I am using it since last 5-6 months for running and sometimes casual wear. Very nice shoes. Purchased from showroom. You can try from Amazon or Flipkart, they will provide better deal mostly.

VU..Thanks, will give it a try!
Share Model no. If possible

1,468
13627
147
Expand
BaahubaIi wrote:

Thanks & kg for your time

Thanks. I just wrote few points came top of my mind. I’ll try to write a discussion thread  thoroughly in near future.

390
1977
6
akki4554 wrote:

buy decathlon shoes.. most have 2 year warranty and you can find from ~800rs only. For beginners, they are good enough.

I agree..

Missing