Need to make 30k(inr) online fees payment in British Pounds - any offers / lowest currency conversion option?

58°
Deal Subedar
284
1009
17

Have to pay by debit card/credit card.

I have ICICI Amazon pay credit card and HSBC Visa platinum credit card.

HSBC card has 10% cashback upto 2000 on first 5 transactions and so I’m planning to do it through that.

Any other option worth considering or credit card worth applying?

My normal monly cc expenditure is not much. Around 10k/month only.

9 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
61
110
2

Do it via bank, and tell them to cut on spread, they’ll charge only 0.50 paisa and you’ll save. Btw it’s such a small amount why thinking so much

105
417
4
myandroid20156735 wrote:

Do it via bank, and tell them to cut on spread, they’ll charge only 0.50 paisa and you’ll save. Btw it’s such a small amount why thinking so much

Could you explain the process and is it flat 0.50 paisa or 0.5%

61
110
2
Expand
Fanil wrote:

Could you explain the process and is it flat 0.50 paisa or 0.5%

Kotak, indusind, idfc do a2/lrs payments at 0.50p per dollar/gbp.. depends on customer to customer

105
417
4
Expand
myandroid20156735 wrote:

Kotak, indusind, idfc do a2/lrs payments at 0.50p per dollar/gbp.. depends on customer to customer

I have kotak account but not aware of this.

61
110
2
Expand
Fanil wrote:

I have kotak account but not aware of this.

Speak to psm in branch

41
288
7

Use Forex card issued by banks

58
812
3

Find out the FX banch of SBI in your city, visit them in person.

Hands down you will get the best rates. Only catch is it might take more than a day for the process to complete.

674
5222
57

Majority of card charges 3.5% forex markup while OneCard charges 1% & DCB Niyo prepaid global card charges 0%.

0
346
8

I read somewhere on DD that Yes bank debit cards charge very little or none for foreign exchange, not sure if it is useful to you.

Missing