Need Your Advices Regarding Credit Card!

104°
Deal Cadet
_Sayan

So, currently I don’t own any credit card. Having flipkart pay later since 1 years and using it quite every month, Also paying off one Debit Card EMI of HDFC.
My CIBIL is 746. I have ICICI (Gold), HDFC (Preferred) Bank accounts.

Should I go for ICICI FD based credit card to make a good score first or ? If yes what amount of FD should i go for.

17 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Crusader Crusader
Link Copied

Talk to your RM in HDFC bank and demand for regalia LTF.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
AatmaNirbhar wrote:

Talk to your RM in HDFC bank and demand for regalia LTF.

I think HDFC currently cannot issue a credit card, given its advice (ban) from RBI. In the meanwhile, he can ask for some good ICICI credit card (unsecured), based on your relationship there and further increase the credit score, as most banks require 750+ or even 780+ CIBIL to be on the safer side.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
JonSnowLongclaw wrote:

I think HDFC currently cannot issue a credit card, given its advice (ban) from RBI. In the meanwhile, he can ask for some good ICICI credit card (unsecured) and further increase the credit score.

Yeah. But i don’t think icici bank is gonna give any unsecure card as i don’t own any cards yet:/

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

SBI will be easy if u filed IT returns. Do not apply online, apply through Bigbazaar for FBB or at any petrol pump for BPCL card

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

If you dont have a current credit card no one will generally give you credit card except the bank with which you have financial relationship

Taking fd based card dont increase your cibil

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Don’t get any fd cc…let the bank offer you one. If you have income proof you can try in amy bank.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
demerius2020 wrote:

If you dont have a current credit card no one will generally give you credit card except the bank with which you have financial relationship

Taking fd based card dont increase your cibil

Credit card based on FD gives you a Credit Score. It works exactly the same as an unsecured (normal) credit card.

Plus he has a credit score, so his current bank (ICICI) will be glad to give him a card. If it is rejected, he can go for co branded cards or FD based cards.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Instead of icici fd card i would say go for OneCard of your city is serviceable if building credit score is the only point at the moment

Crusader Crusader
Link Copied
Expand
JonSnowLongclaw wrote:

I think HDFC currently cannot issue a credit card, given its advice (ban) from RBI. In the meanwhile, he can ask for some good ICICI credit card (unsecured), based on your relationship there and further increase the credit score, as most banks require 750+ or even 780+ CIBIL to be on the safer side.

plus1
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I have experian score of 840 will i able to get credit card based on this?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
lokeshgr wrote:

I have experian score of 840 will i able to get credit card based on this?

That’s excellent score plus1 you should be able to get a CC

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
lokeshgr wrote:

I have experian score of 840 will i able to get credit card based on this?

Score alone does not guarantee credit card. Apply and see…best of luck

Critic Critic
Link Copied
lokeshgr wrote:

I have experian score of 840 will i able to get credit card based on this?

Also check your CIBIL score – SBI, HDFC, & ICICI made enquiries on my CIBIL. You can check CIBIL score on HDFC, Wishfin, Onescore in addition to CIBIL site.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
cadence wrote:

Also check your CIBIL score – SBI, HDFC, & ICICI made enquiries on my CIBIL. You can check CIBIL score on HDFC, Wishfin, Onescore in addition to CIBIL site.

Is it chargable or free?

Missing