Hot Deal

Never buy SONY BRAVIA TV

512°
  • 4112
  • 60
  • Last Comment
  • Reasons

    Vote down Reasons

    • Bad Reviews for Website/Seller : 1
Deal Lieutenant
greenheart

Dear Friends,

Good evening. I had bought Sony 43" KDL-43W950C 3D Android Full HD TV on 26-Feb-2016 from Infibeam (Online Retailer). I had also purchased extended 2 years warranty by paying Rs.5000 extra.

It is very sad to say that only for first one year the TV worked perfectly without any issues. From 2nd year, the issue started coming. When I called customer care, they have raised the complaint and the service center person visited and told us that TV display panel has gone and replaced it without any cost and again in 3rd year I had faced the same problem and raised the complaint and replaced display panel without any cost because I had extra warranty.

It is unfortunate to say that now again I am facing the same issue. As usual, I raised a complaint and service center person visited and told us display panel has gone and quoted that it would cost around Rs.18000 which I feel too costly and it is almost equivalent in purchasing a new TV.

How can a high end TV fail in 3 years? Poor quality and lack of customer care from SONY. Sony is selling defective products in india and making money by cheating the Indian customers.

BEWARE..!!

This is worst thing for a TV which usually should work for atleast 10 years without problem. We trust the brand and buy but see the result. Please be careful before buying Sony TV. Now SONY is not like what it was earlier. They have become cheaters and making money in spares. Sony quality has become worst. Don’t buy Sony TV and they are useless. Sony being a most branded company is loosing the trust of people. cry cry

Thanks for reading.. Please do comment your opinions or if you have faced similar problem..

59 Comments  |  
33 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

With great power, comes great responsibility.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Buy vu tv. They are good and cost effective. You can purchase almost 2 tvs at cost of one branded one.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

You should not put so much money over so called brands if you are getting the same thing at half price from other companies. If you are willing to pay hefty repair charges, then you can have those like Sony/LG or Samsung

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Paise kaha hai Sony ko dene ki

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

@greenheart
It is believed/rumoured that Sony products come with a kill switch or timer which generally triggers after the warranty period. The rumour or belief is from the origin country Japan and then worldwide. Infact I’d heard the same from one of my Japanese colleague that most Sony products come with a timer. Overall Sony has lost its charm. But it was indeed second to none.

On a similar note, we had Sony Bravia E series TV which did quite good for nearly 8 years(2011-2019). We had to retire it to due to issues with display signals.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Sony bravia tvs are worst. My 43’ tv got a white line in between the screen dividing it in two parts. And that too immediately after 1 year warranty. Avoid sony bravia.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Using VU 32 inch tv from last 2½ years with Flipkart 2 years extend warranty. Super value for money.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
andromeda wrote:

@greenheart
It is believed/rumoured that Sony products come with a kill switch or timer which generally triggers after the warranty period. The rumour or belief is from the origin country Japan and then worldwide. Infact I’d heard the same from one of my Japanese colleague that most Sony products come with a timer. Overall Sony has lost its charm. But it was indeed second to none.

On a similar note, we had Sony Bravia E series TV which did quite good for nearly 8 years(2011-2019). We had to retire it to due to issues with display signals.

I do believe this theory, I had two sony Bravia LCD, both got spoilt for 6-7 yrs….. Same display issue in both and few days apart….. So there is some trigger

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied
Expand
myfungang829 wrote:

I do believe this theory, I had two sony Bravia LCD, both got spoilt for 6-7 yrs….. Same display issue in both and few days apart….. So there is some trigger

It is usually the ON time that defines life of most electronic products. With more on time, lcd burns more or the life expectancy of other electronic components like capacitors, indicators come down. It may be a case that Sony’s supplier may have supplied derated components and effecting the whole product as a whole.

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Vladimir-Putin wrote:

Using VU 32 inch tv from last 2½ years with Flipkart 2 years extend warranty. Super value for money.

how is sound quality of VU Tvs

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
desiman wrote:

how is sound quality of VU Tvs

Normal

Extra Speaker will be good if possible

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Vladimir-Putin wrote:

Using VU 32 inch tv from last 2½ years with Flipkart 2 years extend warranty. Super value for money.

TRUMP is using VU o.O

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

I am using Toshiba LED tv from 2014 haven’t faced any issues yet hushed

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Best is buy miTV with extended warranty… It will cost around 12k for 3 years… Even after 3 years if it gets damaged, throw and buy a new TV….

My experience with Sony was also bad.. Tv worked for just 1.5 years and panel got damaged… The cost of replacements was around 10k…bought a new TV instead

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

It is usually the ON time that defines life of most electronic products. With more on time, lcd burns more or the life expectancy of other electronic components like capacitors, indicators come down. It may be a case that Sony’s supplier may have supplied derated components and effecting the whole product as a whole.

Both TV can’t have same ON time

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

5000 ki warranty…itne me to ek 32 inch led aa jata 3 years warranty k sath …bbd sale me stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I have been using Sony Bravia from last 5 yrs and there is no issue came up while using in these years.
It is very much possible that your unit was faulty from beginning. You should have asked from exchange when it went wrong first time itself.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I’m using Sony Bravia from last 8 years. Never had a single issue till date.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
MasterAnimesh wrote:

Buy vu tv. They are good and cost effective. You can purchase almost 2 tvs at cost of one branded one.

Yes even i am thinking same. Better to invest hard earned money somewhere else where we get good returns instead of spending huge money on electronic items.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Dhanu10892 wrote:

You should not put so much money over so called brands if you are getting the same thing at half price from other companies. If you are willing to pay hefty repair charges, then you can have those like Sony/LG or Samsung

Yes bro. I agree

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
int86 wrote:

Paise kaha hai Sony ko dene ki

I am not paying 18000 to sony to replace the panel. I am thinking to give it for repair in some local TV repair shop.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
andromeda wrote:

@greenheart
It is believed/rumoured that Sony products come with a kill switch or timer which generally triggers after the warranty period. The rumour or belief is from the origin country Japan and then worldwide. Infact I’d heard the same from one of my Japanese colleague that most Sony products come with a timer. Overall Sony has lost its charm. But it was indeed second to none.

On a similar note, we had Sony Bravia E series TV which did quite good for nearly 8 years(2011-2019). We had to retire it to due to issues with display signals.

OHH..!! flushed flushed

Yes E series were really good. i had Sony EX-420 series TV which i used for more than 8 years without any issues. After seeing the quality of this product, i thought to buy high end but everything went wrong. pensive pensive

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
cm-punk wrote:

Sony bravia tvs are worst. My 43’ tv got a white line in between the screen dividing it in two parts. And that too immediately after 1 year warranty. Avoid sony bravia.

OMG..!! confused confused

Did you get it repaired?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Vladimir-Putin wrote:

Using VU 32 inch tv from last 2½ years with Flipkart 2 years extend warranty. Super value for money.

Cheap and best..!!

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Nikhilrohtak28383 wrote:

Best is buy miTV with extended warranty… It will cost around 12k for 3 years… Even after 3 years if it gets damaged, throw and buy a new TV….

My experience with Sony was also bad.. Tv worked for just 1.5 years and panel got damaged… The cost of replacements was around 10k…bought a new TV instead

If my TV didn’t get repaired in local shop, i’ll go with mi TV and i’ll never buy Sony TV.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
M.MAHI wrote:

I have been using Sony Bravia from last 5 yrs and there is no issue came up while using in these years.
It is very much possible that your unit was faulty from beginning. You should have asked from exchange when it went wrong first time itself.

Which model are you using? Even i had Sony EX-420 which i used for more than 8 years.

If it was faulty, i would have faced this issue within 1 year of usage but i started facing issue only after using it for more than 1 year.

Sony will never replace the whole TV. It is not like Apple.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
DealMonarch wrote:

I’m using Sony Bravia from last 8 years. Never had a single issue till date.

Which model are you using? Even i had Sony EX-420 which i used for more than 8 years without any issues. Later display gone. Sony asked Rs.8000 for replacement. I didn’t get it repaired, instead i bought a new KEVIN 32 inch TV at the same cost.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
greenheart wrote:

Which model are you using? Even i had Sony EX-420 which i used for more than 8 years without any issues. Later display gone. Sony asked Rs.8000 for replacement. I didn’t get it repaired, instead i bought a new KEVIN 32 inch TV at the same cost.

It’s  KLV-32BX300

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply