New SBI Account Opening Query

239°
Pro Shopping Friend
Ash-D

Hii guys I want to open a regular saving account in SBI but branch officials are saying to open it via YONO app.

So I want to know if this Digital saving bank account opened via YONO app is any different from the saving account opened offline.

Also In YONO there are two options 1st is by visiting branch and other by not visiting branch. So what difference and which one I should choose given I can visit branch also.

Anyone who knows or have previous experience can please clarify.

Thanks in advance.

Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
31 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

No difference I think . watch

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied

No difference.

Instead of filling the form manually in branch, in Online application we will have to enter all the details and one application no will be generated.

u will have to give this Application no. to branch, they will just login to their system and approve.

This is just to save their time. u have to visit branch anyhow.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Scorpion wrote:

No difference.

Instead of filling the form manually in branch, in Online application we will have to enter all the details and one application no will be generated.

u will have to give this Application no. to branch, they will just login to their system and approve.

This is just to save their time. u have to visit branch anyhow.

So I will get passbook like normal account? 

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
Scorpion wrote:

Yes.

Sorry for one more question.
Do I get to choose debit card also? If yes which one is best to take?

Critic Critic
Link Copied

One very important fact which sbi doesn’t mention(or maybe it was something user specific), my cousin successfully opened the acc via same procedure but only later found out that internet banking was activated with “limited transaction rights” & not “full transaction rights” meaning you can transfer money to your other sbi account only & no other bank transfer allowed incl payments(you can transfer money to others’ bank acc only via cheque). After enquiring with local branch he was told to submit an application form to get full transaction rights(internet banking option to convert limited to full txn rights option does not work in this case).

@malikcool @abhishek012 @Scorpion @bohemian

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
guest_999 wrote:

One very important fact which sbi doesn’t mention(or maybe it was something user specific), my cousin successfully opened the acc via same procedure but only later found out that internet banking was activated with “limited transaction rights” & not “full transaction rights” meaning you can transfer money to your other sbi account only & no other bank transfer allowed incl payments(you can transfer money to others’ bank acc only via cheque). After enquiring with local branch he was told to submit an application form to get full transaction rights(internet banking option to convert limited to full txn rights option does not work in this case).

@malikcool @abhishek012 @Scorpion @bohemian

Usual PSU smile but SBI has facility to upgrade to full transactions rights from within login.

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied
guest_999 wrote:

One very important fact which sbi doesn’t mention(or maybe it was something user specific), my cousin successfully opened the acc via same procedure but only later found out that internet banking was activated with “limited transaction rights” & not “full transaction rights” meaning you can transfer money to your other sbi account only & no other bank transfer allowed incl payments(you can transfer money to others’ bank acc only via cheque). After enquiring with local branch he was told to submit an application form to get full transaction rights(internet banking option to convert limited to full txn rights option does not work in this case).

@malikcool @abhishek012 @Scorpion @bohemian

Thanks for the info bro.


After ur post, i read the details from above link.

It is also mentioned that Branch visit is needed for activation of Full transaction rights.

@Ash Take note on this.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
bohemian wrote:

Usual PSU smile but SBI has facility to upgrade to full transactions rights from within login.

Yes but it doesn’t work online in this case(aka acc opened digitally via yono app). For this you need to visit the branch & submit the application form. Once full txn rights are activated then you will likely be able to use the internet banking option to switch between full & limited txn rights as per your choice.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
guest_999 wrote:

One very important fact which sbi doesn’t mention(or maybe it was something user specific), my cousin successfully opened the acc via same procedure but only later found out that internet banking was activated with “limited transaction rights” & not “full transaction rights” meaning you can transfer money to your other sbi account only & no other bank transfer allowed incl payments(you can transfer money to others’ bank acc only via cheque). After enquiring with local branch he was told to submit an application form to get full transaction rights(internet banking option to convert limited to full txn rights option does not work in this case).

@malikcool @abhishek012 @Scorpion @bohemian

Thanks for this update bro even though I am bit late to see your post as have already filled everything and have generated reference code.

But I got the option for internet banking in between where I had option to select the transaction rights for internet banking and luckily I chose full rights only so hope everything works out fine now.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
Scorpion wrote:

Thanks for the info bro.


After ur post, i read the details from above link.

It is also mentioned that Branch visit is needed for activation of Full transaction rights.

@Ash Take note on this.

Thanks bro for the update bro actually I myself read bit about it to find out that via non-branch visit option we get a Insta saving account which is bit different.

Hence I went with branch visit option let’s see how it goes.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
Ash-D wrote:

Thanks for this update bro even though I am bit late to see your post as have already filled everything and have generated reference code.

But I got the option for internet banking in between where I had option to select the transaction rights for internet banking and luckily I chose full rights only so hope everything works out fine now.

Do update here once internet banking activates.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
Ash-D wrote:

Thanks bro for the update actually I myself read bit about it to find out that via non-branch visit option we get a Insta saving account which is bit different.
Hence I went with branch visit option let’s see how it goes.

Actually my cousin went to local branch but the people there just asked him to complete the formalities on yono app first after getting it installed on his phone.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Actually my cousin went to local branch but the people there just asked him to complete the formalities on yono app first after getting it installed on his phone.

Yeah that’s what they are doing look like although it’s good as it’s headache to fill those account opening forms as per them & most of times multiple visits are required. Hope this one goes smooth planning to visit today.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Do update here once internet banking activates.

So here’s update bro


I went to bank today everything was easy have to give 2 copies of pan and adhaar few sign & one small form with photo and he opened the account issued passbook everything was good till now.

Now how things can be so good with sbi so here we go 


He asked me to fund the account with some money I added 1500 now at-last he asked me to send a message from my phone for some service activation which I thought is a procedure but I got ₹500 deduction message then later they told me its for accidental insurance of 10 lac which he said everyone needs to do (which definitely not)

Not finished yet.

Now I came home and tried to log-in to internet banking and here it shows viewing rights only even though i selected full rights now and as you said I am unable to upgrade the access level also


So I kind of lost 500 and have to visit again for up-gradation of access level.

CC: @Scorpion

Critic Critic
Link Copied

It is Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana(PMJJBY) which it seems they are giving to everyone who opens acc digitally via sbi yono. Also as expected, all such digitally opened acc via yono app need branch visit to submit application form to upgrade to full txn rights in acc(same like how sbi allows online opening of FDs but not closing for which you need to physically visit branch to submit application).

@bohemian @abhishek012 @malikcool

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
guest_999 wrote:

It is Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana(PMJJBY) which it seems they are giving to everyone who opens acc digitally via sbi yono. Also as expected, all such digitally opened acc via yono app need branch visit to submit application form to upgrade to full txn rights in acc(same like how sbi allows online opening of FDs but not closing for which you need to physically visit branch to submit application).

@bohemian @abhishek012 @malikcool

Yeah they did the same for other people also but they should tell us about it first and at-least not say that it’s mandatory.


Bro how long it takes for transaction rights to get updated. I went there again and submitted the application but the lunch time just started so he took the application & said he will do it after lunch. But nothing happened yet nor I am able to update the rights.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
Ash-D wrote:

Yeah they did the same for other people also but they should tell us about it first and at-least not say that it’s mandatory.

Bro how long it takes to transaction rights get updated. I went there again and submitted the application but the lunch time just started so he said he will do it after lunch. But nothing happened yet nor I can do it yet,

No idea about this as my cousin also has yet to submit form. I am guessing it will take at least a working day so hopefully by tomorrow evening it should work.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

No idea about this as my cousin also has yet to submit form. I am guessing it will take at least a working day so hopefully by tomorrow evening it should work.

Hope it’s like that only as I am worried if he had done that or not.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

No idea about this as my cousin also has yet to submit form. I am guessing it will take at least a working day so hopefully by tomorrow evening it should work.

Man I feel like I made a mistake by thinking of opening account with SBI they suck.

So I asked my friend who said that updatation takes mere 1-2 hours and it’s around 3 working days now.

I went to bank again and he said you need to do it from your side he cant do it then i showed him the error then he talked to some senior who guided him and finally he did something and said will update in 1-2 hours.

Although it’s not updated yet but now I am not getting that error while trying to update and it’s getting successful when I am trying and asking same 1-2 hours. Let’s see now.


Also I have a query regarding ATM I received a message for cheque book asignment and today it’s shipped too but no message was received for atm card So i have not assigned ATM yet? can anyone confirm how to know this.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
Ash-D wrote:

Man I feel like I made a mistake by thinking of opening account with SBI they suck.

So I asked my friend who said that updatation takes mere 1-2 hours and it’s around 3 working days now.

I went to bank again and he said you need to do it from your side he cant do it then i showed him the error then he talked to some senior who guided him and finally he did something and said will update in 1-2 hours.

Although it’s not updated yet but now I am not getting that error while trying to update and it’s getting successful when I am trying and asking same 1-2 hours. Let’s see now.


Also I have a query regarding ATM I received a message for cheque book asignment and today it’s shipped too but no message was received for atm card So i have not assigned ATM yet? can anyone confirm how to know this.

SBI is the best among all psu banks but only till you need to visit its branch for something. SBI atm/debit card(by default it seems to be rupay classic for digitally opened acc) will directly come to your home via speed post(aka no pvt courier so don’t expect any call from delivery person) with no updates prior.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

SBI is the best among all psu banks but only till you need to visit its branch for something. SBI atm/debit card(by default it seems to be rupay classic for digitally opened acc) will directly come to your home via speed post(aka no pvt courier so don’t expect any call from delivery person) with no updates prior.

I am not much experienced with them but one issue I see is lot of downtime of their servers. Branch visits are definitely nightmares seeing people struggling there makes it clear.

I asked customer support for my card he said RUPAY Gloabal card is issued to me is it good? Can I apply for new without getting Amc charged on this?

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
Ash-D wrote:

I am not much experienced with them but one issue I see is lot of downtime of their servers. Branch visits are definitely nightmares seeing people struggling there makes it clear.

I asked customer support for my card he said RUPAY Gloabal card is issued to me is it good? Can I apply for new without getting Amc charged on this?

If you think sbi servers downtime is more(assuming you checked via internet banking & not yono app) then see other psu banks(especially smaller ones) performance sometimes.

Card issuance charge(if there as not sure for default card with new acc opening but definitely there for any more card request) will be there but AMC is deducted at card issuance year end so if you cancel before that then AMC shouldn’t be charged.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

If you think sbi servers downtime is more(assuming you checked via internet banking & not yono app) then see other psu banks(especially smaller ones) performance sometimes.

Card issuance charge(if there as not sure for default card with new acc opening but definitely there for any more card request) will be there but AMC is deducted at card issuance year end so if you cancel before that then AMC shouldn’t be charged.

I was talking about Upi bro but my experience with psu banks is quite less as I held my accounts with private banks yet. A small experience was due to occasional use of dad and sister’s SBI account.

I do agree they are quite competitive in terms of services same as top private banks & reliable/safe too that was the only reason I chose them.

Their customer support seems to have become quite good when I complained regarding the net banking it was processed quite fast even I got a call from someone which I never expected.

I was also able to cancel my SBI general PAI Insurance just by calling their toll free no. they said I will get my full refund within next 10 days.

But still everything is not smooth as I told you before I didn’t received any messages regarding debit card now customer support said your card is not dispatched yet and there’s no tracking id available seems have to visit branch again which I definitely don’t want to.


Hotshot Hotshot
Link Copied

my father has a SBI account since 2001 and the only shortcoming is crowd during branch visit and their staff !! their service is top notch i like their net banking more than many private banks and i have had experinces with other PSU banks like UCO bank and frankly it is a nightmare ! i have icici and hdfc account also but will prefer SBI over them anyday.

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply