Notch notification app

173°
Deal Subedar
billubakra

Hi,

Few years back when the notches became the new normal there used to be an app which used to light up the area around the notch, of any shape, whenever there was a missed notification. Anyone remembers the name of the same? The screen edge lightening apps are not required only the app which lights up the edges of the notch.

Thanks

[email protected]_999 @MrKool_JJ @R0417 @DimeDime @Ash

20 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

My understanding is this can be made to work on phones with AMOLED display, but not other type of displays.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
andromeda wrote:

My understanding is this can be made to work on phones with AMOLED display, but not other type of displays.

Name of that app for amoled displays?

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Apke phone me notch hai?
I too feel there was some app which was matching to your description but I too don’t recollect the name of the same. smile

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Apke phone me notch hai?
I too feel there was some app which was matching to your description but I too don’t recollect the name of the same. smile

Is the first line related to Kya Apke Toothpaste Mein Namak Hai?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

I mentioned about the technical feasibility based on my understanding. Amoled displays can be lit selectively, while others cannot be lit selectively. In any case, let me google it for you

Edit: https://techwiser.com/best-notch-apps-for-an...d/ just to get you started

None of those solves the issue. Man xda has become trash and newer gen isn’t interested in forums. I remember there were devs who used to create apps based on a single request back in the symbian days.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Need “notch lightening” only.

U mean just upper portion of screen?
This app has a lot of customisation. Check if it is possible

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Sidhu634 wrote:

U mean just upper portion of screen?
This app has a lot of customisation. Check if it is possible

Yes upper notch part. Let me check.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Sidhu634 wrote:

U mean just upper portion of screen?
This app has a lot of customisation. Check if it is possible

Nope it is covering the whole screen only.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Sidhu634 wrote:

App is called “Always on AMOLED | Edge Lighting 🌟”
It works on all sort of display
Playstore link
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=c...

** This app was designed for AMOLED, OLED screens. It will work on any screen such as LCD or IPS but might consume more battery on those type of devices. This is because AMOLED, OLED turn off black pixels while LCD, IPS do not.

@billubakra

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
andromeda wrote:

** This app was designed for AMOLED, OLED screens. It will work on any screen such as LCD or IPS but might consume more battery on those type of devices. This is because AMOLED, OLED turn off black pixels while LCD, IPS do not.

@billubakra

Not working in a phone with Super Amoled screen. Need it to lighten up just the area around the notch like say color a for missed calls, color b for messages etc.

Missing