Hot Deal

ONDC Sells 10,000 KG Tomatoes in a Week! Have you been able to order?

1298°
Helpful
Vrushali.S
Author

The prices of tomatoes have been soaring sky-high (similar to iPhone successors - yup the iPhone 15 is going to be even more costlier as per reports) with the highest price seen in Hapur, Rs.250 per KG! Earlier this month, we saw NCCF come to our rescue from the tomato-pocalypse🍅 by selling them at a subsidized price of Rs.70/KG!

Recent news states that 6 days after offering tomatoes at Rs.70/KG, ONDC has sold over 10,000 KG worth of tomatoes & crossed its milestone of 1.1 million retail orders.

ONDC partners offering tomatoes at cheap prices include:
Paytm

MagicPin

How to Order Tomatoes Using Paytm App:

Step 1: Make sure you have the Paytm app downloaded and logged in.

Step 2: Open the app and search for “Tomato”

Step 3: Hit search and from the search results, click on “Tomatoes at Rs.70/Kg” from ONDC Grocery

Step 4: Select your location

Step 5: If your selected location is available for the offer, you will see a list of available stores based on your delivery pin code

Step 6: Place your order by selecting the delivery address and submitting payment.

How to Order Tomatoes Using Magicpin:

Step 1: Make sure you have the Magicpin app downloaded and logged in.

Step 2: Open the app and search for 'Tomatoes from NCCF’ or try “Tomato”

Step 3: You'll see a list of available stores based on your delivery pin code, such as the NCCF store at Nehru Place, New Delhi.

Step 4: Place your order by selecting the delivery address and completing the payment.

One could only buy a minimum and maximum of 2KG tomatoes per order between 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. There’s said to be no delivery fees. However, now the order is restricted to once per user per week.

Also, it is first come, first serve basis.

Have you been able to order tomatoes at Rs.70/kg from ONDC? It didn’t work for me (Mumbai, western) as the service was said to be unavailable in my location:'))

Price comparison:
Big Basket: Tomatoes at Rs.151

Amazon: Tomatoes at Rs.165!

Flipkart: Tomatoes 1KG at Rs.125!

JioMart: Tomatoes at Rs.165!

Expired
Top Comments
Generous Generous
Link Copied

From flash sales of mobile phones to flash sales of tomatoes, we have come a long way!

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Tomatoes expected to be sold at 500 per kg in upcoming weeks. Stock it right now.

41 Comments  |  
29 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Ordered today itself after ignoring 🍅 since price increase. Placed order at 9.30 without any Hassel from Paytm app.

Blogger Blogger
Author
Link Copied

PhonePe might also have ONDC Tomato offers

Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
piyush2251 wrote:

Ordered today itself after ignoring 🍅 since price increase. Placed order at 9.30 without any Hassel from Paytm app.

Same here..didn't bother much about ordering it before..tried on the Paytm app post 12 PM today and the location displayed as unavailable..will try to get those 🍅 tomorrow, at the earliest lol

Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
FighterMan wrote:

PhonePe might also have ONDC Tomato offers

Yes, they might..on PhonePe's Pincode app...but I think it is only available across selected 10 cities in India at present
Post Tycoon Post Tycoon
Link Copied
Dekh kar, sun kar accha laga 🥴 Dhanyabad 🍅

🤣 point_down

Moral of the Tomato 🍅 Story joy

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Kese din aa gye h ki Tomato bhi Online kharidne pad rahe h. Wo bhi 70/ kg m. Usme bhi loot wali feeling aa rahi h.😁

Link Copied
Expand
Vrushali.S wrote:
Same here..didn't bother much about ordering it before..tried on the Paytm app post 12 PM today and the location displayed as unavailable..will try to get those 🍅 tomorrow, at the earliest lol

Try around 9 -9.10 am and you would be able to order without any Hassel on Paytm. 

Supernova Supernova
Link Copied

mharo yahan delivery nako chhe

Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
just_talk wrote:
Dekh kar, sun kar accha laga 🥴 Dhanyabad 🍅

🤣 point_down

Moral of the Tomato 🍅 Story joy

Meanwhile those & some of our dimers who collectively ordered 10K Kilos worth of tomatoes from ONDC this week

Ifindyourlackoffaithdisturbing

Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
shivrajsingh wrote:

Kese din aa gye h ki Tomato bhi Online kharidne pad rahe h. Wo bhi 70/ kg m. Usme bhi loot wali feeling aa rahi h.😁

True🥲
Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
Expand
piyush2251 wrote:

Try around 9 -9.10 am and you would be able to order without any Hassel on Paytm. 

Thanks a lot, will surely give it a try!
Helpful Helpful
Author
Link Copied
quantum wrote:

mharo yahan delivery nako chhe

That sounds like a sed tomato story😔
Generous Generous
Link Copied

From flash sales of mobile phones to flash sales of tomatoes, we have come a long way!

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Have ordered yesterday from Magicpin. Received today quality is good.

Link Copied

Tomatoes expected to be sold at 500 per kg in upcoming weeks. Stock it right now.

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

Bhagwan se daro papio, sab luute ja rhe ho.

Thoda hmare ghar bhi pahucha do confused

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

bought at 80 per kg yesterday... telangana local medium size markets. today may be 100 i think.

usually closing time you get slightly lesser rate..

Link Copied
Expand
piyush2251 wrote:

Tomato Tatkal period joy

Link Copied
ashb009 wrote:

Pumpkin hain tho mumkin hain

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I haven't ordered yet, but I'm totally tempted to get in on that tomato action.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Mai Tamatar Nahi Khata So Mere Ko Koi Matlab Nahi Daam Kya Hai 😉

Waise Mere Yahan Delivery Bhi Nahi Hota Hai 😔

Link Copied
Expand
Neversaynever wrote:

Tomato Tatkal period joy

Exactly my thought when I tried at 9.30 that it might not be available but to my surprise was able to order within a minute 😃

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Nope

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied
Cody wrote:

Is the GOI changing

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

Tarak mehta wali ne tomato liya aur uska bag gayab ho gaya ghar se daya kuch to gadbad hai

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Suggest you to use cash to purchase. Digital transaction of buying tomatoes gets tracked in AIS.

replyuser
Click here to reply