One Plus Buds

109°
Deal Cadet
mehta995

Since last few days one bud is getting discharged too fast. Its out of warranty now. Just wanted to know that can it be repaired from the service center or not ?https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/764344/medium/IMG_20220502_132018.jpg?1651478038

Expired
6 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Help pls

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

If it in warranty, most probably they will give a new one instead of repairing. This type of product is hard to repair due to complexity.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I called the customer support of one plus and they said we dont repair bluetooth devices. Its out of warranty. Now the only option for me is to buy a new one

View 1 more reply
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

How come the only option left for the weakened charge holding TWSs is just dumping them and buying a new one? Why no company takes a repairable stance on these devices even if the complexities are way higher?? Atleast some local/unofficial repairman-ship gotta be out there to come to our rescue in these cases? I am also holding a feeble Bose Soundsports TWS, it breaks my heart everytime I can only use it for a mere 10-15 minutes of play……. Need some pointers/leads regarding that angel repairman-ship….

@getready @mehta995 @Mufasa

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Some local repair guys should be able to replace the battery, there are quite a few videos of battery replacement on youtube (Especially for airpods) but even if they’re capable, finding replacement batteries will be a hectic task. 

Brands are least concerned about this, must be even happy the way things are.. as people will be getting new products every year (Its not just these TWS, many brands won’t repair electronic accessories like keyboards, mice, SmartTV boxes & ..). Something like this " Right to Repair " helps and thanks to legal obligations now Apple offers Self Service repair store (Genuine parts, tools) in the US but it is limited to phones for now

replyuser
Click here to reply