OneCard automatically applied(?)

285°
Deal Cadet
Tanmayyy

I signed up on the OneScore application a few days ago to check cibil score as suggested by a few dimers.

A minute ago i recieved this in my email:

Congratulations  Tanmay,

India’s best mobile-first, metal card has arrived.

We at TeamOneCard are super excited to inform you that your OneCard is now ready! You are invited to get your awesome OneCard and activate the in-app card instantly – all within just a few minutes!"

I haven’t applied for this card , how are they forcing this on me? I don’t even want it, what to do?

53 Comments  |  
21 Dimers
  • Sort By
Commentator Commentator
Link Copied

Isn’t it just an invitation? Not like the card is approved and dispatched.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
chantz wrote:

Isn’t it just an invitation? Not like the card is approved and dispatched.

It says activate your card in OneCard app so I’m kind of suspicious as to even if i just install the app to check they’ll activate/apply for the card automatically.

Have applied for 3 cards recently, don’t want to take another hard enquiry for atleast a few months.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

It says activate your card in OneCard app so I’m kind of suspicious as to even if i just install the app to check they’ll activate/apply for the card automatically.

Have applied for 3 cards recently, don’t want to take another hard enquiry for atleast a few months.

One card doesn’t do a hard enquiry. They issue cards just on the basis of credit score fetched.

Commentator Commentator
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

It says activate your card in OneCard app so I’m kind of suspicious as to even if i just install the app to check they’ll activate/apply for the card automatically.

Have applied for 3 cards recently, don’t want to take another hard enquiry for atleast a few months.

You need not worry as long as you have not applied for it. It was just an invitation based on your profile.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Firstly i dont think just a way in which they asking you to download the app and logon and apply. If soemhow you have got it approved its a good card as its giving good offer on amaxon cards smile

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
soccergiants wrote:

One card doesn’t do a hard enquiry. They issue cards just on the basis of credit score fetched.

Is there any benefit for applying for this card , have never heard of it before other than that big ass banner saying 2,40,000 limit whenever i open onescore app

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
chantz wrote:

You need not worry as long as you have not applied for it. It was just an invitation based on your profile.

Okay

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Abhinav_Pune wrote:

Firstly i dont think just a way in which they asking you to download the app and logon and apply. If soemhow you have got it approved its a good card as its giving good offer on amaxon cards smile

What offers are they running?

Commentator Commentator
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

Is there any benefit for applying for this card , have never heard of it before other than that big ass banner saying 2,40,000 limit whenever i open onescore app

Even my friend gets it too. You can ignore the notification if you don’t need the card.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

It says activate your card in OneCard app so I’m kind of suspicious as to even if i just install the app to check they’ll activate/apply for the card automatically.

Have applied for 3 cards recently, don’t want to take another hard enquiry for atleast a few months.

That’s just a gimmick bro, if you click and proceed then you will be applying for real. Dhani freedom card also does the same thing, make us believe we already have a card and there is no option left but to use it.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
chantz wrote:

Even my friend gets it too. You can ignore the notification if you don’t need the card.

Does this show up as consumer loan in credit report like other cards such as uni card?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
decideaim wrote:

That’s just a gimmick bro, if you click and proceed then you will be applying for real. Dhani freedom card also does the same thing, make us believe we already have a card and there is no option left but to use it.

That’s what i meant , but thanks to others confirming this i won’t download the app

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
decideaim wrote:

That’s just a gimmick bro, if you click and proceed then you will be applying for real. Dhani freedom card also does the same thing, make us believe we already have a card and there is no option left but to use it.

But dhani freedom is 100X worst than this
Without 2-4 abuse they don’t stop calling once or twice a daily without single day miss

Commentator Commentator
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

Does this show up as consumer loan in credit report like other cards such as uni card?

I don’t know bro as he didn’t apply for it.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
sauravDD wrote:

But dhani freedom is 100X worst than this
Without 2-4 abuse they don’t stop calling once or twice a daily without single day miss

They take away our freedom and add it to their card’s name

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
sauravDD wrote:

But dhani freedom is 100X worst than this
Without 2-4 abuse they don’t stop calling once or twice a daily without single day miss

What do they call about?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

What do they call about?

Hello sir mai dhani loan services se baat kr rha / rhi hu aapko dhani ke trf se dhani freedom card diya jaa rha hai jiske bahut fayde hai
Then i disconnect call after speaking something

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
sauravDD wrote:

Hello sir mai dhani loan services se baat kr rha / rhi hu aapko dhani ke trf se dhani freedom card diya jaa rha hai jiske bahut fayde hai
Then i disconnect call after speaking something

flushed
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

That sounds intriguing

previous month there was( 6000+ Normal cashback )Cashback on 60000 Amazon GV

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
sauravDD wrote:

previous month there was( 6000+ Normal cashback )Cashback on 60000 Amazon GV

Does this card show up as consumer/personal loan or credit card in credit report?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

Does this card show up as consumer/personal loan or credit card in credit report?

I had this account from 3 months still not showing in cibil so cant confirm.. But it should show as credit card

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
sauravDD wrote:

I had this account from 3 months still not showing in cibil so cant confirm.. But it should show as credit card

Okay , thanks. Do let me know if you find out what it shows as

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

Does this show up as consumer loan in credit report like other cards such as uni card?

Nope, OneCard is a proper credit card, issued by IDFC First bank…
Uni/Slice/etc, are all cards tagged to consumer loans, and should be actively avoided.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

Nope, OneCard is a proper credit card, issued by IDFC Frist bank…
Uni/Slice/etc, are all cards tagged to consumer loans, and should be actively avoided.

I currently own a uni card which shows up as consumer loan , so wanted to confirm about this card. Thanks.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

That sounds intriguing

OneCard usually give offer that gives 10% cashback in reward points value on shopping/electronics category & currently buying amazon GV from amazon counts in electronics category for onecard so people use such offer to buy amazon GVs in bulk. This is only worth it if you are sure you can finish those amazon GVs within months no matter what the circumstances are(for example recently many people got panicked after collecting amazon GVs worth 30-40k to pay insurance premium & amazon suddenly removed lic premium payment option for some time). That previous month 6k cb on 60k offer was basically 2k cb on 20k txns in electronics category(so ppl bought amazon GVs from amazon) & 4k cb on 40k txns in shopping category(for this ppl bought amazon GVs from such sites where txn showed in shopping category, no need to mention you had to use multiple sites & accounts).

OneCard show up as IDFC credit card in cibil report.
@sauravDD

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

OneCard usually give offer that gives 10% cashback in reward points value on shopping/electronics category & currently buying amazon GV from amazon counts in electronics category for onecard so people use such offer to buy amazon GVs in bulk. This is only worth it if you are sure you can finish those amazon GVs within months no matter what the circumstances are(for example recently many people got panicked after collecting amazon GVs worth 30-40k to pay insurance premium & amazon suddenly removed lic premium payment option for some time). That previous month 6k cb on 60k offer was basically 2k cb on 20k txns in electronics category(so ppl bought amazon GVs from amazon) & 4k cb on 40k txns in shopping category(for this ppl bought amazon GVs from such sites where txn showed in shopping category, no need to mention you had to use multiple sites & accounts).

OneCard show up as IDFC credit card in cibil report.
@sauravDD

no_mouth yeah no I’ll stay away from this then. Don’t want unnecessary credit accounts.
Missing