Oscars 2021: Malayalam film 'Jallikattu' is India's official entry

288°
Pro Community Angel
hotchap

The Malayalam film ‘Jallikattu’, directed by Lijo Jose Pellissery has been selected as India’s official entry to the Oscars 2021.
Starring Antony Varghese, Chemban Vinod Jose, Sabumon Abdusamad, ‘Jallikettu’ is based on a short story, titled ‘Maoist’, written by Hareesh S, who also adapted the screenplay along with R. Jayakumar. The film that released in 2019 to rave critic reviews and box office success will now be in the running to secure a nomination in the ‘Best International Feature Film’ category.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainme...

16 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

Hope to watch this with subtitles aid or dubbed version

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

Watched it yesterday on prime, was feeling kind of nausea, maybe because I saw something completely out of my comfort zone.
Completely different language + Different attire + Different food + Different expressions for me.
Amazon should bring an English dubbed version atleast, not really comfortable with subtitles.
I missed the real entertainment though sad

View 2 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Good to see that people are interested in Mollywood too smile

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

We are open to anything which is good bro smile

View 6 more replies
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

I find Malayalam films to be content worthy more than just being a commercial attraction
Few other Malayalam films I watched & liked this year are Anjaam Pathira, Trance & Ayyappanum Koshium

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

They make solid movies. 🙂🙂🙂

View 1 more reply
Critic Critic
Link Copied

Jallikattu is visually spectacular and aurally stunning. Some shots in the movie convey a lot than it seems. Do not look for story or drama in this movie, experience the beautiful visuals and feel the unique & natural sound mixing.

replyuser
Click here to reply