Hot Deal

Paytm crashed 28% on debut

383°
Budding Star
BAT_MAN

Paytm plunged 26% in a weak stock market debut on Thursday, a week after the country’s biggest-ever IPO
Extended losses after opening as the stock fell 28% from issue price, to hit an intra-day low of Rs1560
Despite the dip on debut the company clocked the valuation of over ₹ 1 lakh crore.

63 Comments  |  
33 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
theprofessor wrote:

What’s the right price to buy?

Paytm is a super loss making company….. No time is a right time in share market…..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Offer toh deta nhi
Bas har mahine laakho add money karwa leta hai
50-100rs ke liye

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

What a disaster! Feeling sorry for small investors who invested.

Failure of such an bumper IPO on an overbought market sends a big signal. The path of least resistance for market is DOWN.

Beware and prepare an exit plan for your portfolio in advance.

If possible, learn short selling. Will come handy

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
bftb wrote:

What a disaster! Feeling sorry for small investors who invested.

Failure of such an bumper IPO on an overbought market sends a big signal. The path of least resistance for market is DOWN.

Beware and prepare an exit plan for your portfolio in advance.

If possible, learn short selling. Will come handy

Aap hi sikhaado, hum toh noob hain confused

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Ab samjha keya .. Hazaro Hazaro points ka chakkaar !

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

It’s too early to say any thing concrete about the future of paytm and it’s stock.

When everyone is taking a gloomy view I would like take contrarian view :

1. Paytm has support of marquee investors.
2. No doubt it’s highly overpriced but so are many stocks right now
3. No one can say if this will not be anything close to bajaj twins of future
as with ipo listing and with all these money paytm can anytime start anything new
4. I would be much more concerned if a company is trading at higher price than it’s IPO price once it’s trading starts on the bourses … it can be a trap to lure many newbies
5. At-least paytm hit lower circuit and it can not lure many retail investors now and some may say it’s IPO price and distribution among retailers is enough for the previous stake holders to exit but once a ipo is listed there ought to be some trapping period by taking the price higher which I feel very much about Nykaa and Zomato and some other recent ipos too.
6. One interesting thing is more than 1cr of stocks was taken for delivery yesterday and it’s too early to judge anything of it but it’s sure that retailers were not behind this heavy volume even at this much discounted price.

Now let’s wait for the time as it has all the answers. PS : holding my 6 stocks of Paytm biggrin

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

As per newspaper, investors lost 38,000 cr of wealth in Paytm yesterday

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
topgear wrote:

It’s too early to say any thing concrete about the future of paytm and it’s stock.

When everyone is taking a gloomy view I would like take contrarian view :

1. Paytm has support of marquee investors.
2. No doubt it’s highly overpriced but so are many stocks right now
3. No one can say if this will not be anything close to bajaj twins of future
as with ipo listing and with all these money paytm can anytime start anything new
4. I would be much more concerned if a company is trading at higher price than it’s IPO price once it’s trading starts on the bourses … it can be a trap to lure many newbies
5. At-least paytm hit lower circuit and it can not lure many retail investors now and some may say it’s IPO price and distribution among retailers is enough for the previous stake holders to exit but once a ipo is listed there ought to be some trapping period by taking the price higher which I feel very much about Nykaa and Zomato and some other recent ipos too.
6. One interesting thing is more than 1cr of stocks was taken for delivery yesterday and it’s too early to judge anything of it but it’s sure that retailers were not behind this heavy volume even at this much discounted price.

Now let’s wait for the time as it has all the answers. PS : holding my 6 stocks of Paytm biggrin

Hi bro, Is there any possible to paytm share comeback to 2150? or need to exit with loss.
How its possible firstday itself it down to 1600. Its already planned by paytm and sebi ?
Suppose whole traders bought/allotted @ Rs.2150. How & whom sell with loss & make it down? Everybody want to understand how its happened? will it be happened for any stock in future? Innocent people need answer?

Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied
Expand
make-in-india wrote:

Hi bro, Is there any possible to paytm share comeback to 2150? or need to exit with loss.
How its possible firstday itself it down to 1600. Its already planned by paytm and sebi ?
Suppose whole traders bought/allotted @ Rs.2150. How & whom sell with loss & make it down? Everybody want to understand how its happened? will it be happened for any stock in future? Innocent people need answer?

Junta jawaab mangti hai…

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
make-in-india wrote:

Hi bro, Is there any possible to paytm share comeback to 2150? or need to exit with loss.
How its possible firstday itself it down to 1600. Its already planned by paytm and sebi ?
Suppose whole traders bought/allotted @ Rs.2150. How & whom sell with loss & make it down? Everybody want to understand how its happened? will it be happened for any stock in future? Innocent people need answer?

Stock market doesn’t guarantee anything bro smile

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Coming Monday there wil b some block deals n stock goes up some one wil play

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

That’s what you get for giving points instead of kesbek🥺😤

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Stock market doesn’t guarantee anything bro smile

Ok bro, Not guarantee means if its traded one week or some month go down understand.
But first day how its possible? can you clarify? is cheated by paytm the investors?

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
make-in-india wrote:

Ok bro, Not guarantee means if its traded one week or some month go down understand.
But first day how its possible? can you clarify? is cheated by paytm the investors?

Bro, if shares like sigachi and nykaa can give bumper listings, then the opposite is always possible.
Paytm is a fundamentally weak company (at the current stage), a weak opening was expected from the subscription status.
I would just say, innocent investors got trapped by the name. This IPO must have been skipped.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Bro, if shares like sigachi and nykaa can give bumper listings, then the opposite is always possible.
Paytm is a fundamentally weak company (at the current stage), a weak opening was expected from the subscription status.
I would just say, innocent investors got trapped by the name. This IPO must have been skipped.

Thanks, so the innocent losses will go to Paytm hand right?

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
make-in-india wrote:

Thanks, so the innocent losses will go to Paytm hand right?

Kind of, yes
But we can’t call this a scam, it happens, investor discretion is adviced before investing

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Paytm head dancing on apni toh jaise vaise kat jayegi apka kya hoga janabe Ali

Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied
Expand
androgame wrote:

Kind of, yes
But we can’t call this a scam, it happens, investor discretion is adviced before investing

Exactly, if you invest without looking at any fundamentals, you cannot cry as INNOCENT

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied
Expand
make-in-india wrote:

Thanks, so the innocent losses will go to Paytm hand right?

Thats why invest only after doing proper research.
Do not blindly enter in any stock. smile

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
BAT_MAN wrote:

Exactly, if you invest without looking at any fundamentals, you cannot cry as INNOCENT

I thought its fundamental better than zomato & nykaa.
Paytm have bank & payment service. More customers & investors. But everything wrong. Anyway, if any company can fix their own price in listing & sebi will not involve?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
DemonSlayer wrote:

Offer toh deta nhi
Bas har mahine laakho add money karwa leta hai
50-100rs ke liye

ya toh offer dega ya equity pe return
Dono ek dusre ke wiprit h choice is yours laughing laughing
Kya chahiye wo decide kar lo

Missing