Hot Deal Paytm discontinued Lounge Access in January 2020

445°
Missing
Shopping Friend
456
8515
130

Paytm discontinued Lounge Access in January 2020:

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/599679/medium/6343933We4Cv2o.png?1577194262

PayTM Payments Bank will, however, discontinue this free lounge access facility as of January 9, 2020, as per a flash that is going up on PayTM Payments Bank website.

This is not something that RuPay is stopping to offer, so if you have a RuPay Platinum Debit Card issued by any other bank, you should still be able to access lounges with the RuPay Debit Card, just not with PayTM Bank.

While this is most unfortunate for users, Lounge Access is an expensive feature to offer, with the minimums being INR 400-500 at low-end lounges as bill footed by the Bank, and it would have run dry PayTM Payments Bank a lot of money for those who opened zero balance accounts and used the lounge access features. On the flip side, I do hope the rush in many lounges goes down as well.

What do you make of the move from PayTM Payments Bank to discontinue Lounge Access? Were you using the Lounge Access feature regularly?

25 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
Missing
Shopping Friend
456
8515
130

Note – if you have a RuPay Platinum Debit Card issued by any other bank, you should still be able to access lounges with the RuPay Debit Card, just not with PayTM Bank.

Missing
Deal Subedar
165
1846
9

@abhishek012 currently which card providing launge access and easy to get the card with lowest charges.

Missing
Shopping Friend
456
8515
130
dlhntr wrote:

@abhishek012 currently which card providing launge access and easy to get the card with lowest charges.

All other RuPay Platinum Debit Card issuer banks.

HDFC bank, Axis bank, Yesbank, Federal bank & other PSU banks easily issue RuPay Platinum Debit Cards.

Missing
Deal Subedar
165
1846
9
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

All other RuPay Platinum Debit Card issuer banks.

HDFC bank, Axis bank, Yesbank, Federal bank & other PSU banks easily issue RuPay Platinum Debit Cards.

Which Bank with lowest charges? Which wallet provide Platinum rupay card

Missing
Shopping Friend
456
8515
130
Expand
dlhntr wrote:

Which Bank with lowest charges? Which wallet provide Platinum rupay card

wallet cards are prepaid cards not debit/credit card.

visit all bank website or bank branch & ask them smile

Missing
Deal Subedar
391
1786
29

i hope now crowd will be very less.. smile

Missing
Deal Subedar
362
1544
14

Many lounges were already not accepting Paytm Rupay Platinum DC (eg. T1 – Delhi), one more reason to close the card in addition to recent annual fee hike.

Missing
Shopping Friend
456
8515
130
igen wrote:

Many lounges were already not accepting Paytm Rupay Platinum DC (eg. T1 – Delhi), one more reason to close the card in addition to recent annual fee hike.

Lounge Access is an expensive feature to offer, with the minimums being INR 400-500 at low-end lounges as bill footed by the Bank, and it would have run dry PayTM Payments Bank a lot of money for those who opened zero balance accounts and used the lounge access features.

Missing
Deal Cadet
52
190
7

Now they have stopped other banks rupay platinum card from 1january 2020…. my hdfc rupay platinum card was denied at terminal 2 recently.at delhi.. pls any1 else faced similar situation??? And kindly update what all cards r working at terminal 1& 2 delhi …

Missing
Shopping Friend
456
8515
130
baaz4u2007 wrote:

Now they have stopped other banks rupay platinum card from 1january 2020…. my hdfc rupay platinum card was denied at terminal 2 recently.at delhi.. pls any1 else faced similar situation??? And kindly update what all cards r working at terminal 1& 2 delhi …

offer valid on first come first serve basis.

maybe maximum HDFC RuPay platinum debit card users used Lounge Access.

try any other bank RuPay platinum debit card.

HDFC RuPay platinum debit card Lounge Access soon reset.

Note - Dnt misuse RuPay platinum debit card Lounge Access offer, also frequently use your RuPay platinum debit card on all your financial transaction, otherwise bank will discontinued Lounge Access offer or maybe block for some time Specific customers for Lounge Access.

Missing
Deal Cadet
52
190
7
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

offer valid on first come first serve basis.

maybe maximum HDFC RuPay platinum debit card users used Lounge Access.

try any other bank RuPay platinum debit card.

HDFC RuPay platinum debit card Lounge Access soon reset.

Note - Dnt misuse RuPay platinum debit card Lounge Access offer, also frequently use your RuPay platinum debit card on all your financial transaction, otherwise bank will discontinued Lounge Access offer or maybe block for some time Specific customers for Lounge Access.

Is it like that??? 1st come 1st serve basis is for particular bank rupay platinum card !! Or its in general .. like for rupay platinum card !!! Visa card !! Mastercard… just askjng

Missing
Shopping Friend
456
8515
130
Expand
baaz4u2007 wrote:

Is it like that??? 1st come 1st serve basis is for particular bank rupay platinum card !! Or its in general .. like for rupay platinum card !!! Visa card !! Mastercard… just askjng

after April 2019, RuPay platinum debit card Lounge Access bill paid by Banks (Visa & Mastercard Lounge Access bill also paid by banks).

also note – RuPay platinum debit card holder access the airport lounge beyond 2 times, he/she will be charged as per the regular access rates prescribed by the lounge.

Paytm bank RuPay platinum debit card holder still access the airport lounge but now customer will be charged as per the regular access rates prescribed by the lounge.

if you get denied to access airport lounge, it means banks free airport lounge quota limit over or maybe bank was denied to access airport lounge for Specific customers.

your HDFC RuPay platinum debit card free Lounge Access will soon reset.

Missing
Deal Cadet
161
756
4

time to surrender card.

How can i surrender paytm card?

I used paytm physical card thrice just for lounge
Is there any more benefit for paytm physical card?

Missing
Shopping Friend
456
8515
130
DealBroker23 wrote:

time to surrender card.

How can i surrender paytm card?

I used paytm physical card thrice just for lounge
Is there any more benefit for paytm physical card?

block your card from Paytm app.

now visit any Paytm kyc senter, re-verify your kyc & generate new Virtual Paytm Rupay card.

Virtual Paytm Rupay card is FREE.

Missing
Deal Cadet
161
756
4

did you re-verify for digital card why?

Missing
Deal Cadet
52
190
7
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

after April 2019, RuPay platinum debit card Lounge Access bill paid by Banks (Visa & Mastercard Lounge Access bill also paid by banks).

also note – RuPay platinum debit card holder access the airport lounge beyond 2 times, he/she will be charged as per the regular access rates prescribed by the lounge.

Paytm bank RuPay platinum debit card holder still access the airport lounge but now customer will be charged as per the regular access rates prescribed by the lounge.

if you get denied to access airport lounge, it means banks free airport lounge quota limit over or maybe bank was denied to access airport lounge for Specific customers.

your HDFC RuPay platinum debit card free Lounge Access will soon reset.

Thanku for info

Missing
Deal Cadet
161
756
4

Who all are surrendering there card after increase in yearly charge and no lounge access.
In there any chance they will relaunch this offer or any offer only usable by physical card?

Missing
Deal Subedar
362
1544
14
DealBroker23 wrote:

Who all are surrendering there card after increase in yearly charge and no lounge access.
In there any chance they will relaunch this offer or any offer only usable by physical card?

I dont think there are any chances of that happening.

Missing
Deal Cadet
116
675
21

This will be done by all banks eventually
Rupay charges lowest MDR to merchants
Where is the money for lounge gonna come from?
Banks eventually need to bear cost of lounge access which is around 750 per lounge visit for them, i know this as one of my relatives works in a bank at cxx level. They pay the lounges on an average 750 per visit and more for international and exclusive lounges

Missing
Shopping Friend
456
8515
130
karanoshan wrote:

This will be done by all banks eventually
Rupay charges lowest MDR to merchants
Where is the money for lounge gonna come from?
Banks eventually need to bear cost of lounge access which is around 750 per lounge visit for them, i know this as one of my relatives works in a bank at cxx level. They pay the lounges on an average 750 per visit and more for international and exclusive lounges

MDR charges are same for all merchants.

only banks pay lowest MDR to NPCI.

RuPay promoters banks pay 0.3% MDR upto Rs150 per transaction to NPCI & RuPay issuer banks pay 0.6% upto Rs150 per transaction to NPCI and 0.5% through Bharat QR payment.

Visa/Master debit card MDR charges approx 0.9% upto Rs1000 per transaction.

RuPay recently launch RuPay ‘select’ debit cards & Lounge Access facility also available on RuPay ‘select’ debit cards too.

Missing
Deal Cadet
116
675
21
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

MDR charges are same for all merchants.

only banks pay lowest MDR to NPCI.

RuPay promoters banks pay 0.3% MDR upto Rs150 per transaction to NPCI & RuPay issuer banks pay 0.6% upto Rs150 per transaction to NPCI and 0.5% through Bharat QR payment.

Visa/Master debit card MDR charges approx 0.9% upto Rs1000 per transaction.

RuPay recently launch RuPay ‘select’ debit cards & Lounge Access facility also available on RuPay ‘select’ debit cards too.

This has changed recently
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/b...

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/no-mdr-char...

Missing
Deal Cadet
78
676
4
baaz4u2007 wrote:

Now they have stopped other banks rupay platinum card from 1january 2020…. my hdfc rupay platinum card was denied at terminal 2 recently.at delhi.. pls any1 else faced similar situation??? And kindly update what all cards r working at terminal 1& 2 delhi …

Swap to hdfc millenia debit card. Youll get 1% cashpoint for loading wallet too. Load mobikwik via it and pay credit card bill(not tested if we get points).

Missing