Hot Deal

Paytm for Business deducted Rs.482.61 | Need suggestion

813°
Deal's Advocate
shinningstar...

On 2nd June , i transferred 300*2 from my own and my freind account for freecharge offer of 5% upto 15 (unfortunately not got cashback despite offer banner) to mine Paytm for business merchant account

Screenshot2023-06-04-20-09-22-251com.miui.gallery-edit

Total transferred 300*2 via freecharge upi,

Waiting for settlement but only 117 rs recieved, strange to me, i sent 10 rs again to check what's the issue it got settled in full i.e 10 rs . (See screenshot).

On complained about this ,

Got reply today

"Dear Merchant, Warm greetings from Paytm! We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We would like to let you know that due to some technical issue, the MDR charges on the postpaid transactions were not debited in the past and the complete transaction value was settled in your settlement account. Hence, the pending MDR charges are collected now. Once the complete dues have been. collected there will be no further deduction across it. Kindly be informed that in the future, the MDR charges will be applicable on the payments accepted through Paytm Postpaid which are lesser than the charges applicable on other credit pay modes. Total amount due: 483 - Total amount adjusted: 482.61 Total dues pending: 0.39 Please be rest assured that no wrong deduction has happened, and we request you continue accepting payments. Regards, Paytm Business Helpdesk"

I remember i got message that fron 22 Feb 1.99% MDR will be deducted instantly before settlement.

In March to check  they are charging or not i sent some some amount from postpaid to merchant account but nothing deducted. so i tried again after some days and sent from postpaid to bank but little high amount.

Again transferred in may with 8600time  and this time 1.99% deducted instantly+18% gst extra .
Therefor i decided to stop accepting postpaid.

And now they suddenly deducted 483 rs unexpectedly in june.

I don't want to pay them this amount as it was their technical fault i may have not done the transaction with postpaid if amount have been deducted instantly as per the communication and tnc.

One more thing is i calculated all transactions and that charges sums to 394.5 rs , not what they have deducted .

I am seeking your advice/reply and ethical way to get my money back

Thanks pray

Edit:
I wrote this mail to them @ 4 june 11pm.

Subjec Deduction of Unexpected Amount from Paytm Merchant Account

Dear Paytm Business Helpdesk,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing in response to the recent communication I received regarding the deduction of Rs. 483 from my Paytm merchant account. While I appreciate your prompt reply, I would like to express my concern and seek further clarification on the matter.

Firstly, I would like to reiterate that as per the communication I received from Paytm earlier, it was stated that a 1.99% MDR charge would be deducted instantly before settlement starting from 22nd February. In March, when I initiated some transactions from postpaid to my merchant account, no deduction was made, which led me to believe that the charges were not applicable at that time. Consequently, I conducted another transaction in may from postpaid to my bank account, where a MDR amount was deducted, along with an additional 18% GST.

Based on these previous experiences, I made the decision to discontinue accepting postpaid transactions, assuming that no further deductions would be made. However, I was taken by surprise when an amount of Rs. 483 was deducted from my settlement in 2 June. This deduction was unexpected and not in line with the previous communication and my understanding of the charges.

I would like to get this charge waived off as it was unexpectedly deducted on 2 june due to technical issue from your side instead at the time of settlement.

Upon reviewing the deductions made, I calculated that the total charges for the transactions should amount to Rs. 394.5, which is significantly lower than the deducted amount of Rs. 483. I kindly request a detailed breakdown of the deduction and how the figure of Rs. 483 was arrived at. I believe there may be a discrepancy or misunderstanding that needs clarification.

I want to emphasize that my intention is not to avoid paying the charges, but rather to ensure that the deductions are made in accordance with the communicated terms and conditions. I trust that Paytm values its merchants and strives to maintain transparency and fairness in all financial transactions.

I kindly request a fair resolution to this matter and would appreciate your prompt attention in rectifying the situation. If necessary, I am open to further discussion or providing any additional information that may assist in resolving this issue.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely

Expired
Disclaimer
We are not SEBI/IRDA registered. The information provided herein is for education purposes only. We will not be responsible for any of your profit/loss with this channel's suggestions. Consult your financial advisor before making any decisions.
36 Comments  |  
18 Dimers
  • Sort By
Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

Is accepting postpaid is chargeable ? 

In my account it is showing free. 

IMG20230604204813

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

It's account specific.

For some people it's free and for some it's chargeable.

View 3 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

accepting postpaid is 2% charge + GST, 2 way, for buyers and seller.

Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

I think it differs merchant to merchant. In my account it is showing free

IMG20230604204813

Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied

Seen 3-4 cases now. Looks like paytm is charging mdr for postpaid transactions based on usage by merchants. I have disabled it .

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied

I have also disabled it now after loosing 483 today(unexpected) and 210 rs expectedly total lost 693Screenshot2023-06-04-22-38-58-320com.paytm.business

@Bk100 yes it's chargable, see screenshot,

View 6 more replies
Commentator Commentator
Link Copied

Seems like they are deducting MDR for using post paid.

I have traded GV with @DealBahar last month and used my paytm postpaid to his merchant account. He complained about recieving 2% less amount.

Cool Cool
Link Copied

1)  Get the clarification from Paytm

2) check old pending dues or voice box(if available) -- might have adjusted.

Link Copied

1) they said earlier due to technical glich could full amount was settled which they deducted today

2) it doesn't contain voice box charge

Link Copied

2% + gst on both side,

+ voice box charges (replaced by normal 10w bluetooth speaker)

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

I have done some credit card to bank for free few months ago (+ got cashback on card 5% on SBI CB) I guess if I accept payment on my merchant account it will deduct those charges now) stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied

Ravish-kumar-darr-ka-mahol-hai-meme-templates

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
Although showing 0 charges for my merchant account still disabled paytm postpaid to be on safer side
Link Copied

Disabled postpaid in both my accs. Let's teach them a lesson by not accepting txns through postpaid grinning

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

This is why I was deactivated paytm merchant account.

But for freecharge offer, activated again.

No charge applicable for upi payments.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Got deducted 2600 rs and they won't even show the log how charges were deducted 

Link Copied
Sad, Same , not have even replied to my complaint
Link Copied

Edit : they copy pasting the same reply to my complaints , and closing the ticket pensive, i am fed up.

I have calculated  and analysed all transactions carefully and they have still charged around 200 rs extra even then .

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Don't use PAYTM POTPAID, They are collecting more charges and if we ask they are saying simply MDR pending Charges and if you ask 

show me the pending bills/charges proofs they are silent... i don't want my CIBIL Score damage i'm going to pay after this  payment i will un-install and won't use in futre.  

Link Copied
Same i did
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Screenshot20230702-064425

Mere sath bhi yehi hua hai faltu ka paisa kat rhe hai smjh nhi a rha ye vpas ayega bhi ya nhi kuch mdd kro

Link Copied
No they are not listening, it won't.
Link Copied

@shinningstarhere ye email chatgpt se draft kiya na??

31C241FE-52E9-4B2A-8EB1-0FAD3D0B3B8F

Link Copied
Ha ha, 🤣
Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

Thanks for the heads up. Disabled in my dad's account. Can anyone tell me if you have daily once or instant settlement enabled? For ease or tracking i have daily settlement enabled in his account. 

Link Copied
Instant
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Dear Merchant,

Warm greetings from Paytm!

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We would like to let you know that due to some technical issue, the MDR charges on the postpaid transactions were not debited in the past and the complete transaction value was settled in your settlement account. Hence, the pending MDR charges are collected now. Once the complete dues have been collected there will be no further deduction across it.

Kindly be informed that in the future, the MDR charges will be applicable on the payments accepted through Paytm Postpaid which are lesser than the charges applicable on other credit pay modes.

Total amount due: 12952- Total amount adjusted: 11901= Total dues pending: 1,051

Please be rest assured that no wrong deduction has happened, and we request you continue accepting payments.

Regards,

Paytm Business Helpdesk

But I don't have any postpaid account also. And after calling with customer service they send me this message. I don't know why!

replyuser
Click here to reply