People living outside / alone / in hostel - how do you eat your lunch and dinner?

229°
Entertainer
Budhe-Baba

Asking for a nephew who lives in PG. These days all Zomato, Swiggy etc are super costly even after applying all discount codes. People get very small quantity of rajma-chawal for 150-200 rupees. Ridiculous. Local tiffin services are also shutting down because of corona losses.

So those of you living in PG / hostel, how do you take care of lunch / dinner? And how much do you pay? No pizza, pasta please.

Location: Near Karol Bagh (Western Extension Area), Central Delhi.

15 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

+🔥 since it’s very topical question
Good to see my friend back on DD after long! ✝️ Karma given 🙂

Sale Day King Sale Day King
Link Copied

Find a PG with food service.
Also, share the location

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Learned and cooking food on own.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Join mess

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Rocking_since_1992 wrote:

Find a PG with food service.
Also, share the location

+1, yes only after sharing the location. People can give better option and alternatives. @@Budhe-Baba

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
24karat wrote:

Join mess

Every area has some good ok mess / tifin service .

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

check reasonable rates local tiffin service home made food

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
Expand
Alexios wrote:

+1, yes only after sharing the location. People can give better option and alternatives. @@Budhe-Baba

Updated location. Near Western Extension Area, Karol Bagh (Delhi).

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

28.648773300839974, 77.19710976593903

USE THIS GPS LOCATION ON GOOGLE MAPTHERE IS A GOOD EATRYALTHOUGH DESI…I USED TO EAT MY FOOD FROM THERE.FOR 2 YEARS DURING MY UPSC PREPARATION…3,4 CHOICE OF VEGETABLES,TANDOORI ROTIQUITE GOODLESS THAN 45 RS PER TIME….NOW DONT KNOW THE RATES BUT STILL WILL BE AROUND 50 RS..

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
tusharrai87839 wrote:

28.648773300839974, 77.19710976593903

USE THIS GPS LOCATION ON GOOGLE MAPTHERE IS A GOOD EATRYALTHOUGH DESI…I USED TO EAT MY FOOD FROM THERE.FOR 2 YEARS DURING MY UPSC PREPARATION…3,4 CHOICE OF VEGETABLES,TANDOORI ROTIQUITE GOODLESS THAN 45 RS PER TIME….NOW DONT KNOW THE RATES BUT STILL WILL BE AROUND 50 RS..

Thanks, will convey this. Hope it is hygenic.
Also KG

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Thanks, will convey this. Hope it is hygenic.
Also KG

Ya.. Its good.. Never had any upset stomach…

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

In Karolbagh and old Rajinder Nagar area lot of students preparing for UPSC resides. In many of the flats is there cook who take of everything from vegetables to deciding menus. Lot of cook are available there. Just have to inquire.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
tusharrai87839 wrote:

28.648773300839974, 77.19710976593903

I see cops sending coordinates (in movies) for backup but this is new 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Just find the nearest Gurudwara grinning

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Updated location. Near Western Extension Area, Karol Bagh (Delhi).

I think he is new to area, as someone suggested eat on the eatery, after a month or two he can shift in a flat where maid service is avaible. Many tg groups and notice board of coaching have posts regarding flatmate required. This costs less than pg if you are smart to figure out.

Missing