Hot Deal

(Personally Verified) Jiophone Hotspot 2021 Trick (Qualcomm Model)

415Ā°
Generous
ssganesh

Guys, do you remember, I told you that I lost the hotspot feature on my Jiophone due to the latest OTA update. I found a new thing yesterday. so I tried to root my jiophone again and finally succeeded. I got the hotspot feature back on my jiophone.. i am very very happyā€¦ smile this time I made a change in my jiophoneā€™s operating system so that it would not receive OTA updates anymore. In simple terms, I have permanently disable the OTA software updater.

my jiophone f120b is qualcomm model. I have no idea about spreadtrum model jiophones so I am only discussing qualcomm models. jio is releasing OTA updates with a greater focus on avoiding the chances of getting the hotspot feature, mainly by rooting jiophone. therefore, jio recently blocked access to EDL mode on qualcomm model jiophones.

what is EDL mode? EDL or ā€œemergency download modeā€ is a special boot mode in qualcomm devices that allows us to flash firmware files.

to enable hotspot feature and block the OTA updates on jiophoneā€¦ downgrading the phoneā€™s OS (operating system) to older version is the final method. for downgrading OSā€¦ flashing firmware is compulsory. for flashingā€¦ EDL mode is required. so, availability of EDL mode very important thing. but, the EDL mode was recently blocked. (usually we can get EDl mode by pressing boot keys. but now, pressing boot keys method will not work anymore). that is the current situation.

so i am searching for alternative ways of getting EDL mode since many days. yesterday i found a new thingā€¦ thats worked perfectly!
so whats that new thing? DIY usb cable that helps us to get EDL mode for qualcomm devices (basically, most people already aware about this. but for me it is a new thing stuck_out_tongue)

know more about this DIY usb cable:- https://wiki.bananahackers.net/development/edl/...

by using that technic, i successfully got EDl mode on my jiophone. then i downgraded my phoneā€™s OS to older version and sideloaded hotspot app and blocked OTA software updater. i followed this article for my f120b model:- https://www.techforus.in/2020/04/lyf-f120b-bloc...

now i am fully enjoying the hotspot featureā€¦ currently jio is providing BUY 1 GET 1 (BOGO) offer to all jiophone usersā€¦ the joy of high speed data at the lowest price smile
Note:- flashing, rooting, downgrading etc are risky processes. try at your own risk.

6 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
  • Sort By
Pro Analyst Pro Analyst
Link Copied

Very good Mr.Techie šŸ‘ I appreciate your involvement ! I can even feel your level of happiness from this content.. congrats šŸ¤
Vu šŸ’Æ

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Whatā€™s the use of so much data..
U was also using daily 2+ GB at start of jio

But as time passed. Now I hardly use 400-500 mb per day. I watch YouTube, download some apps occasionally and do most other things but what the use of having so much dataā€¦

Generous Generous
Link Copied

2gb data is 2 Dosa for me šŸ˜…
everyday i read online news papers, watching news videos on youtube, playing flipkart video game shows etc.. important usage only. 2gb data is enough for these usage.

View 1 more reply
Generous Generous
Link Copied

Nice that you posted such a clear explanation instead of just do it guide n links.
Karma given.

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

T24 time channel is full of virus files and ad links

replyuser
Click here to reply