Philips iron

70°
Deal Subedar
billubakra

Hi,

Is anyone using Philips iron? Bought the 1900 series few months back. It is auto cutting off after 6-8 seconds and I think its not heating the plate like it used to before. Maybe it’s the change of season, wanted to make sure before going to the service station which is like on the other side of the city.

Thanks

10 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
  • Sort By
Critic Critic
Link Copied

No idea about this case but I used to have a philips iron & I had to take it to service centre for a similar issue where it was not heating the plate at all though power indicator was somehow on I think.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Did they fix it? Only one centre in my city and the google reviews are pathetic.

View 1 more reply
Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

I bought one Philips GC1905 in June 2016 and it is still serving well.

Link Copied

I have gc1920 and using it from last 4 years and never face any such issue.

Link Copied

which electric iron should i buy?any good offer?where u buy?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

many relatives vouch by some of the anti crease (only steam nozel and release mech on plate is different) models of Philips (some of those models are or were back then not available in India).
I am forgetting what Philips calls them, but the front/top corner has slightly more holes and ease of use around buttons.
Something like these Azur range i think https://amazon.ae/dp/B07F4C88NF

I personally am indifferent but still feel that more than the wattage, the weight and technique of using the iron matters.

Father has preferred Black and Decker (now rebranded B+D or Black + Decker) for 15-18 years.

He prefers at-least 1800watts with no preference for weight of the iron.

Maa🤗 and me even make do with our old Spherehot (its steam mechanism/button is niw conked off. spring or the plastic thumb-press cap came undone).
Dad🙇🏻 even bought an overpriced Havells 😖🤦🏻‍♂ 4-5 years back (or maybe it was some useless favour to some relatove or known shop, i am not too sure).
He just did not find the steam release angles or placement of the steam holes when he first used it.
Total failure as a steam iron, as per him and still did not return nor spoke about it with the shopkeeper/ relative.

After keeping it idle for a few years, he🙇🏻 now uses it as a non steam🤦🏻‍♂ iron (uses a spray can/bottle for moisture).

Original (made in Europe or quality being good, even if Made in India) Black and Decker 1400-1440W steam irons are highly recommended. though if you are like my father, then go for 1700-1800W.

I have not gone through each reply indepth in this thread, but i doubt that Philips do not provide home visit during warranty.
I think they DO.
So purely from design aspect, quality and reliability too, Philips too shpuld be worth considering.

I would avoid Kenstar in India. Nor ever think of Bajaj, Murphy Richards type “brands”.
No idea about private labels from Amazon Flipkart either.

But safety and features wise as also reasonable and affordable after warranty repairswise 🖒Spherehot👍 in known desi brands and Black&Decker, Philips in desi’fied videshi brands.

Nokia phones sold in UAE often used to be India made, but unsure about B+D.
But even if China item, similar models can be physically check (or bought) off-line https://www.amazon.ae/about_1000INR_or_55AED_right_now/dp/B00EDKFW0G, https://www.amazon.ae/Black-Decker-Ceramic-Soleplate-Shut-Off/dp/B01N431B5R 🤔not too bad for 1000 or 2000 if available here too at same range. But all acrylic or plasticy body usually makes these light weight (our old Spherehot had/has steam function, but practically being metal body … it does not feel like a toy).

View 2 more replies
replyuser
Click here to reply