Hot Deal Phone pay sim verification issue

3874°
Missing
Deal Cadet
85
773
10

I changed my sim to feature phone , which phone pay number. But now phone pay not accepting upi. Everytime it ask for sim verification. The error is card changed so need to verify error coming.
I again inserted sim to my Android phone and verified and worked. But when changed sim to feature phone. , Now again phone pay asking for sim message verification. What to do? My primary mobile need to be used in feature phone . Please help to solve this sim verification

37 Comments  |  
21 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
181
1636
28

Every UPI app will do re verification, if you change sim

Missing
Deal Cadet
60
182
2

You can’t use to pay via any UPI app such as Phonepe/Bhim/Tez if SIM registered is not present in the corresponding phone. This is a security feature.

You can receive money but can’t send money

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
419
3466
85
saurabh.070890682 wrote:

You can’t use to pay via any UPI app such as Phonepe/Bhim/Tez if SIM registered is not present in the corresponding phone. This is a security feature.

You can receive money but can’t send money

Thats why I hav never used UPI or Tez yet rage

Missing
Analyst
101
6239
171

Install Textra and set it as default messaging app. When Phonepe asks for SIM verification select Dual SIM. It will redirect to Textra. Don’t click on "Send"button immediately. First copy the verification string and send it to the specified number from your other handset. @nirmaltvd

Missing
Deal Cadet
85
773
10
LIMBO wrote:

Install Textra and set it as default messaging app. When Phonepe asks for SIM verification select Dual SIM. It will redirect to Textra. Don’t click on "Send"button immediately. First copy the verification string and send it to the specified number from your other handset. @nirmaltvd

Thanks

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
270
1
LIMBO wrote:

Install Textra and set it as default messaging app. When Phonepe asks for SIM verification select Dual SIM. It will redirect to Textra. Don’t click on "Send"button immediately. First copy the verification string and send it to the specified number from your other handset. @nirmaltvd

Will this work with other apps which require sim verification?

Missing
Analyst
101
6239
171
Expand
smz wrote:

Will this work with other apps which require sim verification?

It should.

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
270
1
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

It should.

Ok. Thanks. I will try.
Update :- it’s not working for dena bank mobile banking app.
After opening app, it asks to select either sim 1/2 and then pressing next will result in SMS being sent. I have followed your all instructions.

Missing
Deal Cadet
85
773
10
LIMBO wrote:

Install Textra and set it as default messaging app. When Phonepe asks for SIM verification select Dual SIM. It will redirect to Textra. Don’t click on "Send"button immediately. First copy the verification string and send it to the specified number from your other handset. @nirmaltvd

Not working bro. I did all but on phone pay sim 1or 2 is asking and sent direct not asked for thetextra app. So not worked for me , any suggestions

Missing
Analyst
101
6239
171
Expand
nirmaltvd wrote:

Not working bro. I did all but on phone pay sim 1or 2 is asking and sent direct not asked for thetextra app. So not worked for me , any suggestions

Yeah. Just checked and as you said it doesn’t work. It does work in Bluestacks which is how I operate my secondary accounts but not in mobile(perhaps something to do how permissions are managed on Android versions newer than Kitkat which BS bases on ) . I had mistakenly assumed so @smz Sorry about that. I did mess around with changing SMSC etc but to no avail.

Missing
Deal Cadet
85
773
10
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

Yeah. Just checked and as you said it doesn’t work. It does work in Bluestacks which is how I operate my secondary accounts but not in mobile(perhaps something to do how permissions are managed on Android versions newer than Kitkat which BS bases on ) . I had mistakenly assumed so @smz Sorry about that. I did mess around with changing SMSC etc but to no avail.

Thanks for the help bro . No problems

Missing
Tech Guru
181
2081
107

Get a duplicate sim for your feature phone and leave inactive sim in android phone

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
251
4452
52
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

You could try downgrading to app version 3.38. Since UPI verification everytime, was not needed after the initial one prior to version 3.3.10/3.3.13. Link (safe) https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/phonepe/phonepe-i...

Not working. Shows this message – - – - – Looks like you’re trying to login on the PhonePe app. Please update to the latest version for the best PhonePe experience!
Infact, I am facing the same problem. I have a 4G LTE phone. Unable to verify my device

Missing
Analyst
101
6239
171
Expand
RockChap wrote:

Not working. Shows this message – - – - – Looks like you’re trying to login on the PhonePe app. Please update to the latest version for the best PhonePe experience!
Infact, I am facing the same problem. I have a 4G LTE phone. Unable to verify my device

WTH. Works in BS though. Maybe if one has already logged into a newer version it no longer allows downgrading. All my other accounts that are run in BS are always 2-3 versions behind at least.

Missing
Deal Cadet
85
773
10
drupal wrote:

Get a duplicate sim for your feature phone and leave inactive sim in android phone

Good idea

Missing
Deal Cadet
85
773
10
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

You could try downgrading to app version 3.38. Since UPI verification everytime, was not needed after the initial one prior to version 3.3.10/3.3.13. Link (safe) https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/phonepe/phonepe-i...

Tried and worked. But after updating again it ask for message verification. So again uninstalled and installed old version now working. Will not update again. Thanks

Missing
Analyst
101
6239
171
Expand
nirmaltvd wrote:

Tried and worked. But after updating again it ask for message verification. So again uninstalled and installed old version now working. Will not update again. Thanks

This is only a temporary solution. 3.3.5 stopped working a few days back. It won’t be long before 3.3.8 is put to pasture as well.

Missing
Shopping Friend
334
7620
112

ICICI imobile UPI app sim verification not required on UPI transaction.

Paytm UPI app sim verification not required on requested UPI transaction.

by d way my friend told me RBL bank UPI app sim verification not required on UPI transaction but personally i am not tried yet.

Missing
Deal Cadet
85
773
10
abhishek012 wrote:

ICICI imobile UPI app sim verification not required on UPI transaction.

Paytm UPI app sim verification not required on requested UPI transaction.

by d way my friend told me RBL bank UPI app sim verification not required on UPI transaction but personally i am not tried yet.

For ICICI I mobile, ICICI account required?

Missing
Analyst
101
6239
171
Expand
RockChap wrote:

Not working. Shows this message – - – - – Looks like you’re trying to login on the PhonePe app. Please update to the latest version for the best PhonePe experience!
Infact, I am facing the same problem. I have a 4G LTE phone. Unable to verify my device

Click on Forget Password and proceed.  It will work. At least until Phonepe makes it mandatory to update.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

I have requested for verification but I got message every single time but phone pay isent verifying it.
What the fuck it is..
Every single SMS ur charging 1.50rs

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

My phonepe does not verifying sim.when i try to verify it shows check your cellular connection.
(Iam using idea network and balance also there.)

Missing