Phone with OIS

212°
suspended
62
1222
4

Hi,

Is there any phone till 20k which has OIS and stock or oneui as the OS?

@guest_999 @andromeda

36 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
125
292
2

I don’t think any brands offers it. Best you can get is m51 in some sale.

83
2690
47

Nope. I’ve been looking for same. A cheap midranger with OIS. But nothing available apparently. As people are becoming more and more stupid these companies are omitting basic things like OIS, a compass etc. Last year there was the Motorola One Vision which had OIS in less than 15k range. I almost bought it but XDA users reported touch screen issues so I refrained. The lowest priced stock Android device with OIS is the 4a and only the 4a. I don’t check Chinese phones so no idea whether any devices offer any.

0
27595
323

There used to few @ ~15k (Nokia 8.1, Moto Vision)
But since, the Indian SmartPhone buyers are more particular about processors, sensor count & megapixels (+ 5G for Future Prooofing)… Brands are least bothered

Again there will be some phone models with OIS selling for 20k or less .. Especially during popular sales like BBD (Ref: G8x)

Edit: Like @andromeda suggested Nord is the best bet. Pixel 4A is good too but you will be disappointed with the build & phone performance (if your current phone uses the SD 845/855/865 processor series)

102
661
4

Even I am waiting for one in the 15k price range with OIS + good low light / indoor shots.

Don’t want to buy an old phone (used), as they would be too slow now (or feels so) even though they might have a good camera. Phones like samsung s9/10, Note 8 etc have good cameras, but their batteries suck.

62
1222
4
guest_999 wrote:

I don’t think so but wait for others to comment.
@Total_Fun

Any higher end model which became cheaper with time? Android 10 or 11 ot whatever doesn’t matter.

62
1222
4
Bimbasar wrote:

I don’t think any brands offers it. Best you can get is m51 in some sale.

It doesn’t have ois afaik.

62
1222
4
andromeda wrote:

There are limited models with OIS. How about OnePlus Nord?

No BUGplus.

Any higher end model which became cheaper with time?

83
2690
47
billubakra wrote:

@ithehappy @getready @santosh_blr
Any higher end model which became cheaper with time?

Nope, not around 20k price bracket anyway. It’s funny now that i recall iPhone SE 2020 was sold at 23.5k in BBD sale, and pretty sure it’s the only device with OIS within 25k.

PS: If you increase your budget and okay with samsung stuffs then keep an eye on the last years’ models, they come at discounted price often. Or you could wait for a price drop on the 4a (below average chipset though, keep that in mind).

50
3731
45
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Any higher end model which became cheaper with time? Android 10 or 11 ot whatever doesn’t matter.

You will have to look on olx for your city for some old samsung/iphone.

0
27595
323
billubakra wrote:

@ithehappy @getready @santosh_blr
Any higher end model which became cheaper with time?

Not sure you would consider Note 10 Lite or S10 lite as high-end mobiles but it is likely (Post S21 launch) that FK/Croma will clear it for 20-25k (or even lesser)

952
8499
128

I agree with @guest_999 and @ithehappy

Only way to get a good OIS camera under 20k would be to go for a 2nd hand Flagships launched in last 2 years or go for iPhone SE 2020 ( 64 GB)

952
8499
128
Total_Fun wrote:

I agree with @guest_999 and @ithehappy

Only way to get a good OIS camera under 20k would be to go for a 2nd hand Flagships launched in last 2 years or go for iPhone SE 2020 ( 64 GB)

Also like to add that OIS isn’t necessarily beneficial in all  photography scenarios. Good EIS- electronic image stabilization  can compensate for lack of  OIS to an extent. But OIS helps a lot in low light/  night photography and video.

62
1222
4
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

Nope, not around 20k price bracket anyway. It’s funny now that i recall iPhone SE 2020 was sold at 23.5k in BBD sale, and pretty sure it’s the only device with OIS within 25k.

PS: If you increase your budget and okay with samsung stuffs then keep an eye on the last years’ models, they come at discounted price often. Or you could wait for a price drop on the 4a (below average chipset though, keep that in mind).

Afaik Samsung never lets their older flagships touch 22-24k. They just take it off the shelves. Any other oem besides crapple and skynet if the budget is increased to 25k?

62
1222
4
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

You will have to look on olx for your city for some old samsung/iphone.

SHITpple is out of the game. Need a new one. Any other choice? Any source to get new older Samsung flagships if the budget is increased a little?

62
1222
4
Expand
getready wrote:

Not sure you would consider Note 10 Lite or S10 lite as high-end mobiles but it is likely (Post S21 launch) that FK/Croma will clear it for 20-25k (or even lesser)

Bro the note 10 lite has a cheap plastic body. Even the GG version used is way too old. Even if we ignore the same, do you think Samsung will allow them to be sold for that price window?

62
1222
4
Expand
Total_Fun wrote:

Also like to add that OIS isn’t necessary beneficial in all  photography scenarios. Good EIS- electronic image stabilization  can compensate for lack of  OIS to an extent. But OIS helps a lot in low light/  night photography and video.

Eis is crap if one is a noob in the field of photography. Eis is horrible in my friend’s BUGplus.

0
27595
323
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Bro the note 10 lite has a cheap plastic body. Even the GG version used is way too old. Even if we ignore the same, do you think Samsung will allow them to be sold for that price window?

Its possible post s21 launch
S9 was 20k effective post S10 launch but for some reason, the same didn’t happen with S10
But if S21 is a much better upgrade than S10/S20, then why not?

If you look at the past history, FK did offer Galaxy A80 for ~20k this year (launched for 40k+)

The problem with Samsung is.. They want to maintain price consistency between online & offline sellers, the same reason they even started launching exclusive prime editions online so that the e-tailers can offer the product at any discount

83
2690
47
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Afaik Samsung never lets their older flagships touch 22-24k. They just take it off the shelves. Any other oem besides crapple and skynet if the budget is increased to 25k?

Nope bro. No other phones I know of. I only check phones which have stock android, or iPhones.

952
8499
128
Expand
billubakra wrote:

Eis is crap if one is a noob in the field of photography. Eis is horrible in my friend’s BUGplus.

As I said “good” EIS
Most are just gimmick or marketing Buzz word

113
382
35

Brother, if you are into photograph profession or keen in photography – you can use the features by purchasing the device.

Most of the phones , dimers are suggesting – it requires to modify the default settings in all devices. I request you to have a handson in any nearby stores before purchasing the device.

No good phone with less than 20K,

62
1222
4
Expand
getready wrote:

Its possible post s21 launch
S9 was 20k effective post S10 launch but for some reason, the same didn’t happen with S10
But if S21 is a much better upgrade than S10/S20, then why not?

If you look at the past history, FK did offer Galaxy A80 for ~20k this year (launched for 40k+)

The problem with Samsung is.. They want to maintain price consistency between online & offline sellers, the same reason they even started launching exclusive prime editions online so that the e-tailers can offer the product at any discount

If you look at the past history, FK did offer Galaxy A80 for ~20k this year (launched for 40k+)
We are talking about phones that were launched in the range of more than atleast 60k. Samsung doesn’t let them touch even 25k. Will wait. Thanks.

0
27595
323
Expand
billubakra wrote:

If you look at the past history, FK did offer Galaxy A80 for ~20k this year (launched for 40k+)
We are talking about phones that were launched in the range of more than atleast 60k. Samsung doesn’t let them touch even 25k. Will wait. Thanks.

Like i said, it happened with S5,S7,S8 and S9 (Nothing for S10, no idea about S6)
A80 (Launched for 40k 48k) is the only noticeable price cut in 2020 (Galaxy S20 FE could be next, already down from 50k to 40k in a month or two and renewed sells for 30k)
S5 / 51k to 5k
S7 / 49k to ~25k
S8 / 58k to ~20k
S9 / 58k to ~20k

Missing