Please suggest a good air conditioner for 9' x 12' room

179°
Deal Newbie
debashisde

I had very bad experience with samsung 1 ton inverter ac.
It stops working thrice per year on an average.

I am planning to buy a new one this summer.

Please suggest me a brand, model, technology, tonnage etc.
Thanks in advance, for your help.

24 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

If there is roof above your floor and your house faces the sun when afternoon go for 1.5-2 ton Ac

Daikin , Hitachi , Mitsubishi are some of the reputed bands

If you will use ac for less than 6 hours go for non inverter other wise inverter ac

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
SastaRaju wrote:

If there is roof above your floor and your house faces the sun when afternoon go for 1.5-2 ton Ac

Daikin , Hitachi , Mitsubishi are some of the reputed bands

If you will use ac for less than 6 hours go for non inverter other wise inverter ac

In your opinion, do split or window air conditioners have any advantage in terms of long lasting?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
teriab33 wrote:

In your opinion, do split or window air conditioners have any advantage in terms of long lasting?

Window Ac = Small room
Split = Large rooms

Both lasts long provided its serviced on a frequent basis.
Window ac noise is more audible than split

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Using split O general for last 7 years
Was using O general window ac 15 years before we bought split.

No repairs in last 7 years, got regular servicing every 2-3 years ( no repais, routine cleaning and maintenance)

Also we got 5 star 1.5 ton so the power usage is also very less compared to my neighbours even during peak summer.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Did you troubleshoot the problem you are facing for your samsung 1 ton ac?

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Inverter technology(irrespective of how long you use per day/year) from a reputed brand for fuss free operation/maintenance. Do remember to take additional warranty cover, and hope that you will never use the warranty.

Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied

Voltas 1T inverter with copper
Will cost around 30k

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

Nothing beats O general in durability…using one since 15 years (Split AC)

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Did you troubleshoot the problem you are facing for your samsung 1 ton ac?

Yes, I had extended the warranty for 3 more years (total 4 years).
The issues have been attended and fixed by the authorized service persons.

But the problems continued on 5th and 6th years as well.
I am fed up with the ac now.

Many many issues occurred including multiple gas leaks, multiple PCB failures, power supply unit failure, coil corrosion etc. etc. It keeps on happening.
I spent too much and tired now.

I have very bad experiences with all my samsung products.
I will never buy any samsung consumer products again.
They are either unreliable or the service is very bad (they break something while fixing one).

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
debashisde wrote:

Yes, I had extended the warranty for 3 more years (total 4 years).
The issues have been attended and fixed by the authorized service persons.

But the problems continued on 5th and 6th years as well.
I am fed up with the ac now.

Many many issues occurred including multiple gas leaks, multiple PCB failures, power supply unit failure, coil corrosion etc. etc. It keeps on happening.
I spent too much and tired now.

I have very bad experiences with all my samsung products.
I will never buy any samsung consumer products again.
They are either unreliable or the service is very bad (they break something while fixing one).

Seems like you were using a defective peice pensive

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

don’t but this summer.. buy next year. new energy rating will be there.. all 2020 models will be cheaper.

Deal Major Deal Major
Admin
Link Copied
Simbha3 wrote:

don’t but this summer.. buy next year. new energy rating will be there.. all 2020 models will be cheaper.

Offtopic: Nice modification of your DP. Loved it. sunglasses

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
SastaRaju wrote:

If there is roof above your floor and your house faces the sun when afternoon go for 1.5-2 ton Ac

Daikin , Hitachi , Mitsubishi are some of the reputed bands

If you will use ac for less than 6 hours go for non inverter other wise inverter ac

Don’t you think 1.5 to 2 Ton AC for a 9 × 12 feet room is an overkill? I use a 1.5 Ton LG inverter AC for my bedroom of size 18 × 13 ft and never have any issues in terms of cooling (I have a floor above mine and a large window to the room).

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
raghupro wrote:

Don’t you think 1.5 to 2 Ton AC for a 9 × 12 feet room is an overkill? I use a 1.5 Ton LG inverter AC for my bedroom of size 18 × 13 ft and never have any issues in terms of cooling (I have a floor above mine and a large window to the room).

I definitely have a roof sunglasses
And I am not in the top floor as well smile

My room does not get direct sun light in summer either.
I think a 1 ton ac will do for me.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
debashisde wrote:

Yes, I had extended the warranty for 3 more years (total 4 years).
The issues have been attended and fixed by the authorized service persons.

But the problems continued on 5th and 6th years as well.
I am fed up with the ac now.

Many many issues occurred including multiple gas leaks, multiple PCB failures, power supply unit failure, coil corrosion etc. etc. It keeps on happening.
I spent too much and tired now.

I have very bad experiences with all my samsung products.
I will never buy any samsung consumer products again.
They are either unreliable or the service is very bad (they break something while fixing one).

Samsung is one of the brands when it comes to reliability. Looks like the service technicians could be the source of all these issues.

Coil corrosion and few others can be attributed to the weather around or the way it is maintained

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
debashisde wrote:

I definitely have a roof sunglasses
And I am not in the top floor as well smile

My room does not get direct sun light in summer either.
I think a 1 ton ac will do for me.

Exactly! Even a 1 ton AC would be easily sufficient for your room.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
debashisde wrote:

Yes, I had extended the warranty for 3 more years (total 4 years).
The issues have been attended and fixed by the authorized service persons.

But the problems continued on 5th and 6th years as well.
I am fed up with the ac now.

Many many issues occurred including multiple gas leaks, multiple PCB failures, power supply unit failure, coil corrosion etc. etc. It keeps on happening.
I spent too much and tired now.

I have very bad experiences with all my samsung products.
I will never buy any samsung consumer products again.
They are either unreliable or the service is very bad (they break something while fixing one).

you are not the only one..one of our family member had one samsung…they almost spent twice the amount for repairs….Samsung mostly uses aluminum or alloy condenser. I don’t understand why people think Samsung means reliability infract Samsung is the company which tries to save as much as possible. Go for Voltas if you have low budget or lg.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Simbha3 wrote:

you are not the only one..one of our family member had one samsung…they almost spent twice the amount for repairs….Samsung mostly uses aluminum or alloy condenser. I don’t understand why people think Samsung means reliability infract Samsung is the company which tries to save as much as possible. Go for Voltas if you have low budget or lg.

Thanks for the advice.

As I said, I had multiple issues with all my samsung products.
They are really unreliable.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
Simbha3 wrote:

you are not the only one..one of our family member had one samsung…they almost spent twice the amount for repairs….Samsung mostly uses aluminum or alloy condenser. I don’t understand why people think Samsung means reliability infract Samsung is the company which tries to save as much as possible. Go for Voltas if you have low budget or lg.

I see quite a lot of models with copper condenser from samsung. But most old generation acs come with alluminium based condenser, not just samsung.
When it comes to inverter based acs, the crucial part is the electronics inside and I’m a big fan of their part (components) selection criteria.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Yep 1 ton is enough. Check the required tonnage on blue Star orLG website. We are using hitachi windows 1.2 ton in our 14×12 room and never had any problem and two sides are exposed to Sun light as well. But then again we are not fat people, so 25 degrees are fairly cold for us. While 1 ton will certainly do the job for you, I’ll still suggest you to get a 1.2 ton.

As for brands obviously the top level brands are mentioned above- Daikin, Mitsubishi, O’General, Hitachi. Stick with them.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Thanks everyone for great suggestions.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
raghupro wrote:

Don’t you think 1.5 to 2 Ton AC for a 9 × 12 feet room is an overkill? I use a 1.5 Ton LG inverter AC for my bedroom of size 18 × 13 ft and never have any issues in terms of cooling (I have a floor above mine and a large window to the room).

Conditions were if he was on top floor and his room faces direct sunlight then only go for a 1.5-2 ton

These specified conditions puts a strain on the cooling efficiency of a Ac . Hence the bigger ton

Missing