Hot Deal Plz Help: How can you find out how many sims are there in your name?

1396°
Missing
Analyst
892
10278
209

Many people are aware of the quota of simcards that can be issued for a person which was set by our regulatory body a couple of years back. I was aware of it, so didn’t try to buy any more simcards after the rule was set.

But recently I came across a vile procedure done by the mobile shops in collaboration with the network providers’ agents. This was quite shocking to me.

I found that the shopkeeper has got good number of passport size photographs of different people. He also has kept the photocopies of their EPICs (voter cards). Now the agent is collecting the photo along with the EPIC photocopy (without the consent of the said person). Within few hours the shopkeeper is calling 59059 & verifying all the details. They are also using mobiles which can change voice (in order to have a female tone).
In this manner, a new simcard is being issued in the name of a person who isn’t even aware of its existence.

Now my questions are -

1) Is it possible to know how many simcards are issued against someone’s name?

2) What’s the procedure of deactivating a simcard which is issued in his/her name without any consent or knowledge?

3) Is there any legal procedure that can be taken against the wrongdoers?

37 Comments  |  
26 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
147
1800
67

good post..waiting for some replies from who have some knowledge on these.

Missing
Deal Subedar
53
1332
26

There is no such thing right now i think. But trai should think about this and start such service.

Missing
Perfectionist
0
42883
744

I am also very interested to get answers to the questions raised by @dimepincher!

I discovered this illegal and immoral practice sometime in 2012. Since then, I have never given my passport photocopy as a proof for any utility connection, including mobile connections. Moreover, I take an extra measure on the documents I do give as a proof. Right below the self-attestation signatures, I mention the reason for giving that document with some unique id related to that connection. But I suspect this is only for my mental peace, as the forgers probably white-out my comments and then make a photocopy of the document. sad

By the way, this is how the shopkeepers are able to sell pre-activated connections (even to terrorists!). One shopkeeper provided me details and told me that this is actually promoted and required by the sales agents of mobile service providers so that they can meet their sales quota. He even told me about an area in my city where, every morning, some traders sell bundles of other people’s ID proofs for a small price. These documents are then purchased by a few trusted parties (including mobile service sales agents) for their misdeeds. eek

Missing
Analyst
892
10278
209

Hasn’t anyone seen such things happening in your local recharge shops? https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

Or, are the dimers too lazy to go to the recharge shops to do recharge (or any other work)? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

I sometimes go to my neighbourhood shops to know about new plans, new services, quality of services, experience/difficulties faced by users etc. etc. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
225
5257
86

till now no way brother ….

Missing
Deal Cadet
119
871
17

A person can get only 11 Sim cards on his/her name after that his/her government id proof would be blocked, it means that after getting 11 sim card on a particular id you would not able to get more sims but there would be no problem on your running sim cards.(This I came to know from a guy who had suffered from this issue).

There is no procedure to deactivate a Sim card( as per my knowledge).

And I also want to know how many Sim cards are issued on my name.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
427
4708
37
@sarthakagrawalkrj642 wrote:

A person can get only 11 Sim cards on his/her name after that his/her government id proof would be blocked, it means that after getting 11 sim card on a particular id you would not able to get more sims but there would be no problem on your running sim cards.(This I came to know from a guy who had suffered from this issue).

There is no procedure to deactivate a Sim card( as per my knowledge).

And I also want to know how many Sim cards are issued on my name.


isnt sim card allowed to one person is 9? though i am confused its 9 per operator or including all operator. i have asked in some recharge shops and they say its 9 per operator.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
47
5642
79

yes its 9 per operator

@optimistic wrote:

@sarthakagrawalkrj642 wrote:

A person can get only 11 Sim cards on his/her name after that his/her government id proof would be blocked, it means that after getting 11 sim card on a particular id you would not able to get more sims but there would be no problem on your running sim cards.(This I came to know from a guy who had suffered from this issue).

There is no procedure to deactivate a Sim card( as per my knowledge).

And I also want to know how many Sim cards are issued on my name.


isnt sim card allowed to one person is 9? though i am confused its 9 per operator or including all operator. i have asked in some recharge shops and they say its 9 per operator.


Missing
Deal Subedar
216
2350
39
@dimepincher wrote:

Hasn’t anyone seen such things happening in your local recharge shops? eek

Or, are the dimers too lazy to go to the recharge shops to do recharge (or any other work)? lol

I sometimes go to my neighbourhood shops to know about new plans, new services, quality of services, experience/difficulties faced by users etc. etc. biggrin


a few years back, one of the sim card shops in my locality used to charge 100 or 200 xtra and then they would give sim cards on their own, without any paper requirement…

i had thought that time to complain against him, but, the shop owner was a kinda GUNDA of that area, so i quit the idea…

Missing
Analyst
892
10278
209

Any update or info? https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

Missing
Critic
322
15196
230
@srp321 wrote:

i had thought that time to complain against him, but, the shop owner was a kinda GUNDA of that area, so i quit the idea…



Asli Aam Admi! toungueout

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
419
3588
87

This has been going on since long and thats why I have started noting down the name,address and number of whichever shop or office I give my ID or address proof along with date and purpose etc .. I generraly give only in recognised mobile shops like The Mobile Store etc but even they do this and i have seen myself .. !!

Missing
Shopping Friend
451
22405
352

Even now the shopkeepers provide fake sim cards if you pay 100-200.
This thing is going on everywhere and even after complaints no one takes any action.
Last year I got a new sim for my mother and after few months that sim got deactivated.
After complaining got to know that sim was in someone else’s name even though I submitted my own documents to the local recharge shop. I complained and wanted to know what happened to my documents and who is using sim on my name.
No one had any answers. To be safe I lodged complaint against the recharge shop but sadly still no updates.

It’s always best to buy new sims directly from the operators brand store.
Now few operators gives the luxury of buying new sim online directly from there site.

Missing
Deal Subedar
216
2350
39
@viSH wrote:

Even now the shopkeepers provide fake sim cards if you pay 100-200.
This thing is going on everywhere and even after complaints no one takes any action.
Last year I got a new sim for my mother and after few months that sim got deactivated.
After complaining got to know that sim was in someone else’s name even though I submitted my own documents to the local recharge shop. I complained and wanted to know what happened to my documents and who is using sim on my name.
No one had any answers. To be safe I lodged complaint against the recharge shop but sadly still no updates.

It’s always best to buy new sims directly from the operators brand store.
Now few operators gives the luxury of buying new sim online directly from there site.


Due to this fear (getting new number, giving to all people, then getting sim cancelled), i am using my old number from past 7-8 years, now since i am in different state, i have to use long 6 months roaming packs to avoid getting higher bills…

Missing
Analyst
892
10278
209
@[email protected]_0_0_D wrote:

h1. whether this will be helpful ?



http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/userfiles/...


I hope you know Maupassant’s story. wink

He went to a writer (most probably Flaubert) to learn the art of writing stories. The writer threw a book at him & asked him to memorise it before coming back. The very next day Rene was back with the book. He memorised it completely. The book was a dictionary. eek cool

I hope Barood-bro is not doing the same. lol

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1817
31
@dimepincher wrote:

@[email protected]_0_0_D wrote:

h1. whether this will be helpful ?



http://www.trai.gov.in/WriteReadData/userfiles/...


I hope you know Maupassant’s story. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

He went to a writer (most probably Flaubert) to learn the art of writing stories. The writer threw a book at him & asked him to memorise it before coming back. The very next day Rene was back with the book. He memorised it completely. The book was a dictionary. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif

I hope Barood-bro is not doing the same. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif


https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif by reading 52 pages, yes you can write a book https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

AND attention all.. when you give your documents for purchasing/activating a sim card, clearly write on the xerox saying this is meant for taking so & so connection and so & so date… and if num chosen, so & so number. so that your document will not be misued for some other connection. write in a potion that does not let a copy to be made hiding your note.

Missing
Analyst
892
10278
209
@newdduser wrote:

… … …
AND attention all.. when you give your documents for purchasing/activating a sim card, clearly write on the xerox saying this is meant for taking so & so connection and so & so date… and if num chosen, so & so number. so that your document will not be misued for some other connection. write in a potion that does not let a copy to be made hiding your note.


Even if you write all these details in the photocopies, there are methods to dupe.

I have seen my friends cleared Infy campus interviews with forged documents (It was in 3rd year & they couldn’t clear one subject of 1st year 2nd sem). https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Missing
Deal Captain
0
12486
202
@dimepincher wrote:

@newdduser wrote:

… … …
AND attention all.. when you give your documents for purchasing/activating a sim card, clearly write on the xerox saying this is meant for taking so & so connection and so & so date… and if num chosen, so & so number. so that your document will not be misued for some other connection. write in a potion that does not let a copy to be made hiding your note.


Even if you write all these details in the photocopies, there are methods to dupe.

I have seen my friends cleared Infy campus interviews with forged documents (It was in 3rd year & they couldn’t clear one subject of 1st year 2nd sem). https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


PLease pm me the method how your friends did it ; or pm the contact details of your friends who tried it

I too need to do the same https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif

Missing
Budding Star
25
18422
193

That’s why I always suggest and go to branded stores of operator (not even mini stores, those are outsourced)

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1817
31
@ishandon wrote:

@dimepincher wrote:

@newdduser wrote:

… … …
AND attention all.. when you give your documents for purchasing/activating a sim card, clearly write on the xerox saying this is meant for taking so & so connection and so & so date… and if num chosen, so & so number. so that your document will not be misued for some other connection. write in a potion that does not let a copy to be made hiding your note.


Even if you write all these details in the photocopies, there are methods to dupe.

I have seen my friends cleared Infy campus interviews with forged documents (It was in 3rd year & they couldn’t clear one subject of 1st year 2nd sem). https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


PLease pm me the method how your friends did it ; or pm the contact details of your friends who tried it

I too need to do the same https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif


open a consultancy https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif
try the straightway bro. i guess he would have done that some years back. now things have changed.

@dimepincher i agree that its not full fool-proof but some relief atleast. even for loans when we apply, we can write on the purpose covering some of the print so that can simply edit it later

Missing
Deal Subedar
141
2136
18

+1 For ur post
A nice and necessary SHARE
Same question comes into my mind too
I think we need to drop these things into the ear of TRAI
It is a serious issue.
If someone from here gets a way to register a query to TRAI
Requesting them to share link so other can support/ do the same.

Missing
Deal Subedar
46
2697
78

my uncle runs a recharge shop, and these strange things happen a lot, where not only the retailers but also customers take like this.
and this can be complained to trai, my uncle does the job as he should, he will only accepts the documents if the id proof matches the person who came to take the sim.
as i asked him, he said if sent a mail to TRAI, the issue will be solved.
and dont ask me how to contact them, i too dont know https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Missing
Deal Subedar
141
2136
18
“@DarkFrost ":http://www.desidime.com/users/...46 wrote:

my uncle runs a recharge shop, and these strange things happen a lot, where not only the retailers but also customers take like this.
and this can be complained to trai, my uncle does the job as he should, he will only accepts the documents if the id proof matches the person who came to take the sim.
as i asked him, he said if sent a mail to TRAI, the issue will be solved.
and dont ask me how to contact them, i too dont know https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


Good one do that
Tell us what gov says

Missing
Deal Captain
252
13738
227
@ishandon wrote:

@dimepincher wrote:

@newdduser wrote:

… … …
AND attention all.. when you give your documents for purchasing/activating a sim card, clearly write on the xerox saying this is meant for taking so & so connection and so & so date… and if num chosen, so & so number. so that your document will not be misued for some other connection. write in a potion that does not let a copy to be made hiding your note.


Even if you write all these details in the photocopies, there are methods to dupe.

I have seen my friends cleared Infy campus interviews with forged documents (It was in 3rd year & they couldn’t clear one subject of 1st year 2nd sem). https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


PLease pm me the method how your friends did it ; or pm the contact details of your friends who tried it

I too need to do the same https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif


My sincere advice is that better drop the idea else some day you will get your hands burnt and that time your career will be on the verge of getting ruined. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif
The things are no more the same now.
PS: I had my own company of pre-employment background verification.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
7
3576
77
@BUTTERFLYBOY

can you tell what is done in that(background verification) ?

Missing