Hotness Ported in to Jio. Can I recharge online?

Hot Deal Ported in to Jio. Can I recharge online?

408°
Missing
Critic
23
1727
40

Hey fellas I just ported my decade old Vodafone no. to Jio and just few hours back I did that telecaller ID verification thingy, now I can receive calls. Obviously now I have to recharge for outgoing calls and data, but the question is, can I do it from online? Because when I visited Jio store few days ago for the porting request, they informed me that I shouldn’t do the first recharge online, only from their store. However, that sounded like BS to me.

Anyone ported their airtel/Voda SIM to Jio and in that case what is the procedure for recharge? Do I have to do the 99 recharge for Prime activation first and then the recharge as per my wish or what? Main question remains whether or not I can do it online.

28 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
Missing
Deal Newbie
56
99
0

You need to buy Prime Membership too in addition to normal 399 plan.

Missing
Pro Entertainer
1,569
25538
268

@ithehappy how much money they took for porting?

The last time when I checked they were asking me some 500rs (399 for base plan + 99 for prime)

I told them, I will recharge online, they didn’t listen.

Missing
Critic
23
1727
40
Tejaa wrote:

@ithehappy how much money they took for porting?

The last time when I checked they were asking me some 500rs (399 for base plan + 99 for prime)

I told them, I will recharge online, they didn’t listen.

They didn’t take any money mate. It was totally free.

Now the question is the first recharge has to be of Rs. 399? Can’t I do that 98 recharge? If I were to do the 399 one I would have stayed with Vodafone. I’ve absolutely no need of it.

Missing
Pro Entertainer
1,569
25538
268
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

They didn’t take any money mate. It was totally free.

Now the question is the first recharge has to be of Rs. 399? Can’t I do that 98 recharge? If I were to do the 399 one I would have stayed with Vodafone. I’ve absolutely no need of it.

You can’t recharge just any amount. There is something called FRC. Call their customer care and ask the minimum amount FRC plan available and do recharge that amount.

Missing
Deal Subedar
84
1884
22

Was in same situation. Tried 498(399+99) in few apps even via jio website. All got cancelled. Finally did 500 top up from niki and activated 399+99 plan through jio account. The top up took almost half an hour to get completed.

Missing
Critic
23
1727
40

Okay exactly how can I talk to their customer care? I called on 1991 and pressed all possible options but they never gave that option of pressing 9 for talking to customer care rep! Sorta regretting my decision now!

PS- Got it. Talked with them. They said I can do any valid denomination of Jio from My Jio app, so did the same (99+98; 197) and it worked.

Thanks all.

Missing
Critic
733
1546
14
Expand
Tejaa wrote:

You can’t recharge just any amount. There is something called FRC. Call their customer care and ask the minimum amount FRC plan available and do recharge that amount.

I don’t remember any FRC for Jio..
Just need to recharge with required plan + 99(prime for 1st time)

.
Cc : @ithehappy

However, confirm if 98/- plan can be done on 1st recharge.. or u need 399/- 1st time & 98/- from second onwards.

.
But, even if 399/- plan is required, u can try with 98+99.. if willing to take risk of blocking 98/- for 3months.. because if service doesn’t start, u will have to recharge with 399/- (or 149/- min value with UL data, 28days Validity).. and 98/- will be in queue.

Missing
Critic
1,071
3922
53
Expand
Ramesh1997 wrote:

I don’t remember any FRC for Jio..
Just need to recharge with required plan + 99(prime for 1st time)…

Cc : @ithehappy

However, confirm if 98/- plan can be done on 1st recharge.. or u need 399/- 1st time & 98/- from second onwards.

But, even if 399/- plan is required, u can try with 98+99.. even willing to take risk of blocking 98/- for 3months.. because if service doesn’t start, u will have to recharge with 399/- (or 149/- min value with UL data, 28days Validity).. and 98/- will be in queue.

Do one thing recharge 100*5 using amazon …Etc
Then download jio app and select the plan and pay using wallet balance

Missing
Critic
733
1546
14
Expand
suplex_city wrote:

Do one thing recharge 100*5 using amazon …Etc
Then download jio app and select the plan and pay using wallet balance

@ithehappy
U can do this.. but go for multiple of 150/-
This way u can get 35/- cb from Amazon each time (if done from different accounts, as offer is once/user)
Do recharge only after offer collection.

Missing
Critic
1,071
3922
53
Expand
Ramesh1997 wrote:

@ithehappy
U can do this.. but go for multiple of 150/-
This way u can get 35/- cb from Amazon each time (if done from different accounts, as offer is once/user)

Yes

Missing
Critic
733
1546
14

Confirmed

There is no FRC..
You can recharge with any UL plan (starting with 149 min)    99/- (prime).  14999 is confirm.


Not sure about 98+99/-.. you can try, either

  • It will be successful, plan will be activated
  • It will be successful, service won’t start, 98/- plan in Q
  • Unsuccessful, recharge amount refunded.

Missing
Pro Blogger
1,594
3641
66
Expand
Tejaa wrote:

You can’t recharge just any amount. There is something called FRC. Call their customer care and ask the minimum amount FRC plan available and do recharge that amount.

There’s no such thing with jio. Guys looted us by saying so to pocket their profits. Others taught us this BS for ages too, I know. This is how we got conned. expressionless

You can do whatever amount from wherever.. your choice. The only thing is 99 membership plan should be included in the first ever recharge plan.

@ithehappy Yes, you may go with the 98 plan along with 99 membership plan from jio app (i have tried myself with 399 and paid by paytm). Some even confirmed the same (mem+recharges) option from Amazon portal directly. Do check that.

Edit: Good to know that it worked for ya! plus1

Missing
Coupon Hunter
386
2599
32

Yes you can do on amazon jio recharge non prime section or jio web/app. I did same

Missing
Critic
23
1727
40

Yeah thanks once again all. I simply logged into My Jio app, glanced at the denominations and the 98 plan was listed there. In fact Jio made it easier by adding the prime membership fee of 99 to reflect with the actual recharge denomination, so in my case, it automatically showed 197 for the 98 recharge. Simply didn’t want to take any chance for the first recharge and thus paid directly from within My Jio app with debit card. I’ll try to grab all the offers from next month though, even though other than the Amazon 35 CB nothing much else is there at all! Wish Freecharge started to send their codes like they used to back in 2018, that way I quite well recall of having the 98 recharge done at half the cost for over six months straight by utilising their 50 CB on 50 codes Lol.

Missing
Analyst
45
4305
157

Great to see you figured it out.

Here is an additional tip…

Once you figure out which plan is best suited for your need recharge multiple times.

When the validity of the first plan gets over the 2nd voucher in queue is executed automatically so there is no disconnection in service.

Eg. Had cancelled my land line connection at home and bought a jiophone for 1500. I recharged with rs.49 vouchers via jio app or which ever like Amazon pay, paytm is throwing in a CB and just left it.

There is no disruption of incoming or outgoing service and vouchers automatically get activated when current expires.

Missing
Shopping Friend
330
7434
111
Tejaa wrote:

@ithehappy how much money they took for porting?

The last time when I checked they were asking me some 500rs (399 for base plan + 99 for prime)

I told them, I will recharge online, they didn’t listen.

lol, port through Jio stores, free of cost & recharge online.

Missing
Shopping Friend
330
7434
111
Ramesh1997 wrote:

Confirmed

There is no FRC..
You can recharge with any UL plan (starting with 149 min)    99/- (prime).  14999 is confirm.

Not sure about 98+99/-.. you can try, either

  • It will be successful, plan will be activated
  • It will be successful, service won’t start, 98/- plan in Q
  • Unsuccessful, recharge amount refunded.

you can also recharge multiples of Rs100 topup and activate Rs99 prime & Rs399 plan through your jio balance.

Missing
Critic
733
1546
14

@abhishek012 @deb3l @suplex_city

I want to port to BSNL, stores there are asking for ₹250.. Any idea if porting is free..& if its chargeable, what is normal charge & where can i get it done by paying less.

Missing
Shopping Friend
330
7434
111
Ramesh1997 wrote:

@abhishek012 @deb3l @suplex_city

I want to port to BSNL, stores there are asking for ₹250.. Any idea if porting is free..& if its chargeable, what is normal charge & where can i get it done by paying less.

why BSNL ?

exchange your old 2G phone with jio phone at Rs500.

Missing
Critic
733
1546
14
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

why BSNL ?

exchange your old 2G phone with jio phone at Rs500.

Don’t have any old 2G phone.. Need to Port secondary sim to BSNL, so that don’t have to recharge with 35/- each month

Missing
Pro Blogger
1,594
3641
66
Ramesh1997 wrote:

@abhishek012 @deb3l @suplex_city

I want to port to BSNL, stores there are asking for ₹250.. Any idea if porting is free..& if its chargeable, what is normal charge & where can i get it done by paying less.

If you’ll take the pain to go to their office and submit documents there, then it’s totally FREE. Else 250 is the brokerage it seems, that must include some FRC as freebies.

Best is to visit their office.

Missing
Critic
23
1727
40

Hi, my Jio plan ended today. I had plan to port out but after recent news regarding Vodafone i held back. Now i need to recharge Jio for at least one month again. But i don’t understand these new plans! I was a 98 PM user (the 2GB data one) but the 98 plan as it were doesn’t exist anymore and clicking on it shows it’ll be charged at Rs. 108, fine, but what will I get for these 108 rupees? I see 2GB data still, but what about the calling? That’s what i need to know. What is this additional 10 rupees? How will it be used?

Basically what I’m asking is what’s the direct alternative to the 98 plan.

Thanks.

Missing
Deal Cadet
279
181
2
ithehappy wrote:

Hi, my Jio plan ended today. I had plan to port out but after recent news regarding Vodafone i held back. Now i need to recharge Jio for at least one month again. But i don’t understand these new plans! I was a 98 PM user (the 2GB data one) but the 98 plan as it were doesn’t exist anymore and clicking on it shows it’ll be charged at Rs. 108, fine, but what will I get for these 108 rupees? I see 2GB data still, but what about the calling? That’s what i need to know. What is this additional 10 rupees? How will it be used?

Basically what I’m asking is what’s the direct alternative to the 98 plan.

Thanks.

You can still recharge with 98rs plan. In myjio app ->recharge then scroll right to others section. Also, you may want to utilize fc10 or any other code to do topup of 10 RS. This will be utilized for calling other networks from jio. Hope it clears your confusion.

Missing
Critic
23
1727
40
Expand
jvin982639 wrote:

You can still recharge with 98rs plan. In myjio app ->recharge then scroll right to others section. Also, you may want to utilize fc10 or any other code to do topup of 10 RS. This will be utilized for calling other networks from jio. Hope it clears your confusion.

Yes it somewhat does. So if i recharge with 98 plan only then i won’t get any talk time to call other networks right? The 98+10 plan shows 124 minutes IUC. That 124 mins given against the 10 rupees then? I have Rs. 30 talk time from before. So I guess if i recharge with 98 only then that 30 talk time balance will start to be utilised?

Missing
Deal Subedar
246
1945
22
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

Yes it somewhat does. So if i recharge with 98 plan only then i won’t get any talk time to call other networks right? The 98+10 plan shows 124 minutes IUC. That 124 mins given against the 10 rupees then? I have Rs. 30 talk time from before. So I guess if i recharge with 98 only then that 30 talk time balance will start to be utilised?

Yes

Missing
Deal Cadet
279
181
2
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

Yes it somewhat does. So if i recharge with 98 plan only then i won’t get any talk time to call other networks right? The 98+10 plan shows 124 minutes IUC. That 124 mins given against the 10 rupees then? I have Rs. 30 talk time from before. So I guess if i recharge with 98 only then that 30 talk time balance will start to be utilised?

Yes, existing talk time will be utilized if you opt for 98rs recharge.

Missing