power Bank query!!

179°
Deal Captain
kartikxxx

I have 1 powerbank with 10400mah capacity .
My phone battery is of 4000 mah.

I realised from last 2 times that my fully charged powerbank was only able to raise my mobile’s battery by 6-7% and after that went complete discharged.

After removing cable and waiting for 5 min, i can see the charge in powerbank returned.

And it can again charge my ohone for upto 5-6%.

Is my powerbank dying or it’s too low/weak for my phone?

Any powerbank expert ???

24 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

The shorter the charging cable the better the charging speed coz R=rl/a sweat_smile
Also, check the output ampere rating of the power bank and your original charger grimacing

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
MrKool_JJ wrote:
R=rl/a sweat_smile

JJji  je equation Chinese cables pe bhi lag jaayegi ya Chinese physics mein translate karna padega?

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
MrKool_JJ wrote:

The shorter the charging cable the better the charging speed coz R=rl/a sweat_smile
Also, check the output ampere rating of the power bank and your original charger grimacing

Powerbank Out 5v 2.1 A..
Charger dock is fast wala.
Cable normal charging c type.

But why it is dying in just 4-5 min after giving 6-7% charge ?

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/731089/medium/images_%281%29_%2825%29.jpeg?1640927415

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

How old is the power bank? It could be that the cells are degraded too much. My only experience with an Ambrane 10Ah one has been far from satisfactory. Less than 8-9 months of use, about 50-odd battery cycles and its degraded to just 5.5Ah(3.5Ah output) of stored energy and swollen considerably. 

Mi Singapore advertises Samsung, Sony, Panasonic cells in their power banks but not in India as they use (presumably lower quality) cells from a Chinese company.

Link Copied
LIMBO wrote:

How old is the power bank? It could be that the cells are degraded too much. My only experience with an Ambrane 10Ah one has been far from satisfactory. Less than 8-9 months of use, about 50-odd battery cycles and its degraded to just 5.5Ah(3.5Ah output) of stored energy and swollen considerably. 

Mi Singapore advertises Samsung, Sony, Panasonic cells in their power banks but not in India as they use (presumably lower quality) cells from a Chinese company.

Its 2-3 years old, but not swollen. Haven’t used much also.

Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Its 2-3 years old, but not swollen. Haven’t used much also.

Easiest way to check is with a USB Power Tester. 

Link Copied
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

Easiest way to check is with a USB Power Tester. 

Ye kaha milega?

Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Ye kaha milega?

Amazon, Flipkart etc. Cost a few hundred rupees. I had purchased from Aliexpress in 2019? Much lower than Amazon/Flipkart who sell the same Chinese stuff at 2x/3x the price.

Edit: Which powerbank by the way? 

Link Copied
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

Amazon, Flipkart etc. Cost a few hundred rupees. I had purchased from Aliexpress in 2019? Much lower than Amazon/Flipkart who sell the same Chinese stuff at 2x/3x the price.

Edit: Which powerbank by the way? 

Its i-pro, purchased during bbd..
Will this device tell the health of powerbank?

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

I don’t think this is a fast charger…
Which phone are you using?
P=V*I so

P=V*I so 5*2*1=10.5W…
I rarely use power banks because even 20mins of charging gives 50% of battery backup…

Link Copied
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

P=V*I so 5*2*1=10.5W…
I rarely use power banks because even 20mins of charging gives 50% of battery backup…

Redmi note 9 pro, 15w charger i guess it is.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Redmi note 9 pro, 15w charger i guess it is.

So if it supports fast charging you will have to use a good power bank for better experience grinning

Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Its i-pro, purchased during bbd..
Will this device tell the health of powerbank?

Yes! Any device that is powered via USB as long as the tester is so equipped. For ex. it might not work in case of devices that use proprietary charging methods like Oneplus Dash/Warp or whatever it’s called now etc. It measures the energy transferred during the charging session. 

Link Copied
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

So if it supports fast charging you will have to use a good power bank for better experience grinning

Does that mean, power bank is ok..

Link Copied

Another powerbank (24000 mah) is doing 100% charge (only 1 time)…jada he loss ho rha hai…ya mera phone (4000mah) bhot bhuka hai.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Does that mean, power bank is ok..

Nice question…
Which one are you using right now?
Trying charging it with some another phone..

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

22g itne mat chakkaro me pado.

1. change wire

2. if does not work then clean powerbank port

3. if does not work then plug in some new socket and connect a new device

4. if does not work then buy a new powerbank

Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

22g itne mat chakkaro me pado.

1. change wire

2. if does not work then clean powerbank port

3. if does not work then plug in some new socket and connect a new device

4. if does not work then buy a new powerbank

smiley
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@kartikxxx – i am also facing similar problem. Brought iBall 10,000mAh power bank 2 years back in BBD, rarely used for only 15-20 battery cycles. Now it is charging by only 10% and got little swollen(which I noticed last week). Went thru the product review on Flipkart now and can see many people have same issue. It seems they used cheap battery cells.

Link Copied
gugaheri wrote:

@kartikxxx – i am also facing similar problem. Brought iBall 10,000mAh power bank 2 years back in BBD, rarely used for only 15-20 battery cycles. Now it is charging by only 10% and got little swollen(which I noticed last week). Went thru the product review on Flipkart now and can see many people have same issue. It seems they used cheap battery cells.

Mine is not swollen yet, have to open it then i can actually confirm whether its cells are swollen or not!

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Mine is not swollen yet, have to open it then i can actually confirm whether its cells are swollen or not!

if battery is going kaput then it doesnt necessarily mean that it will be swollen

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

To prevent battery swelling do not keep it idle after full charge. No matter how good the cells are this is one of reasons for battery swelling.

If you are not going to use it for a few days, use it a bit and keep it at 70% max. This is advised by DJI co. for their high end products. 

Link Copied
Watson wrote:

To prevent battery swelling do not keep it idle after full charge. No matter how good the cells are this is one of reasons for battery swelling.

If you are not going to use it for a few days, use it a bit and keep it at 70% max. This is advised by DJI co. for their high end products. 

Thanks man, suggestion taken relaxed

replyuser
Click here to reply