power Bank query!!

203°
Pro DealBaba
kartikxxx

I have 1 powerbank with 10400mah capacity .
My phone battery is of 4000 mah.

I realised from last 2 times that my fully charged powerbank was only able to raise my mobile’s battery by 6-7% and after that went complete discharged.

After removing cable and waiting for 5 min, i can see the charge in powerbank returned.

And it can again charge my ohone for upto 5-6%.

Is my powerbank dying or it’s too low/weak for my phone?

Any powerbank expert ???

24 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

The shorter the charging cable the better the charging speed coz R=rl/a sweat_smile
Also, check the output ampere rating of the power bank and your original charger grimacing

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

JJji  je equation Chinese cables pe bhi lag jaayegi ya Chinese physics mein translate karna padega?

View 6 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

How old is the power bank? It could be that the cells are degraded too much. My only experience with an Ambrane 10Ah one has been far from satisfactory. Less than 8-9 months of use, about 50-odd battery cycles and its degraded to just 5.5Ah(3.5Ah output) of stored energy and swollen considerably. 

Mi Singapore advertises Samsung, Sony, Panasonic cells in their power banks but not in India as they use (presumably lower quality) cells from a Chinese company.

Pro DealBaba Pro DealBaba
Link Copied

Its 2-3 years old, but not swollen. Haven’t used much also.

View 5 more replies
Link Copied

Another powerbank (24000 mah) is doing 100% charge (only 1 time)…jada he loss ho rha hai…ya mera phone (4000mah) bhot bhuka hai.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

22g itne mat chakkaro me pado.

1. change wire

2. if does not work then clean powerbank port

3. if does not work then plug in some new socket and connect a new device

4. if does not work then buy a new powerbank

Link Copied
smiley
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@kartikxxx – i am also facing similar problem. Brought iBall 10,000mAh power bank 2 years back in BBD, rarely used for only 15-20 battery cycles. Now it is charging by only 10% and got little swollen(which I noticed last week). Went thru the product review on Flipkart now and can see many people have same issue. It seems they used cheap battery cells.

Link Copied

Mine is not swollen yet, have to open it then i can actually confirm whether its cells are swollen or not!

View 1 more reply
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

To prevent battery swelling do not keep it idle after full charge. No matter how good the cells are this is one of reasons for battery swelling.

If you are not going to use it for a few days, use it a bit and keep it at 70% max. This is advised by DJI co. for their high end products. 

Link Copied

Thanks man, suggestion taken relaxed

replyuser
Click here to reply