Hot Deal

Purchased 203$ item from aliexpress custom notice recieved

1411°
Deal Subedar
akshayrpatil

Hello i bought one programmer from aliexpress worth 203USD and cost written on parcel is 101USD and marked as gift..now today i got notice from customs that send us transaction bill,invoice bill,etc…if anyone faced such plz help me out ..

84 Comments  |  
32 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I ordered electronic components on ALIexpress for 58$. y Hong Kong Post (which gets handed over to India Post later). the order was a small cardboard box 6 inchesx 6 inches x 4 inches size. Inside Lot of small electronic components, eg, 10 schottky diodes for 1.3$, 3Amp bridge rectifiers 5 nos for 3$ , some power mosfets for 3$ (minimum 10 per lot on aliexpress), and so on ! Its for my hobby experiments (in India very difficult to get many of these components either not available on the online sites listings or ridiculous price per component), The Duty shown on official sites for that HSTIN class on customs website
“electronic processors, components” is 12% Customs duty basic. CVD NIL.
but customs charged me with customs invoice for 40% which i paid to mailman. They delayed it for 10 days also . In US upto 200$ parcels they don’t even open and don’t charge customs, they have a Law passed for consumer benefit by their government, i understand. Its time India too modernised and stopped behaving ridiculously at least under PM Modi.
You are right, I think they add GST to the 12%, otherwise it cant be explained. This is for information of those on this forums who are sharing their experiences.

replyuser
Click here to reply