Query reg companion/add-on cards (Amex & SBI)

242°
Community Angel
AJ89

Credit Card experts please throw some light on below queries. Few i know but just want to confirm.

General Queries.
G1. Can i take add-on cards on my name or only on my family members name or option to choose both?
G2. I have many cards but 1 of my family member dont get any card despite being good credit score. so if i take any add-on card on his name then is it improve his chances of getting new cc?
G3. I believe for add on cards only id/pan/add proof is required and not any income doc or anything else?
G4. Spend on add-on card doesn’t counted in fee waived limit of main card. right?

SBI Add-on card query:
S1. I have never heard about it but in my new simplyclick card it shows me 1 LTF add-on card. so which sbi add-on card is worth taking?

Amex add-on card queries:
A1. As everybody know that we get 2 LTF companion card with MRCC. So apart from 5x/10x any other benefit of smartearn companion card. or any other good amex companion card with mrcc?

31 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

G1. As you already got the card in your name, you can take in your family members name
G2. No, its your card.
G3. Yes, no income proof needed
G4 Spends are counted towards your main card only, so if you reached the limit it will waive off
S1. Addon cards are the same card which you already got, you cant choose them
A1. we can get 2 Add on cards with MRCC. Smart earn is companion card as long as you use MRCC else smart is charged.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

A1. Addendum:
Amex also offers higher variants as companion card for high spend users. Mostly Platinum Travel. They charge fee for higher variants and lower variant becomes fee-less.

PS: joining fanlist of @AJ89 for his writing-skills.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

G1: You cannot take add-on cards on your name; it must be on family members name.
G2: Add-on cards don’t contribute to the family member’s cibil; it only affects your cibil. Hence it won’t help that person in this case.
G3: No income docs needed for add-on cards, only normal KYC type of IDs needed.
G4: Add-on cards spend is counted towards waiver.
S1: Add-on cards are always same variant cards, so it will be SimplyClick only in your case.
A1: Companion card is a different thing. You can take any lower variant card from what you hold as your companion card. They will have their own rewards, benifits etc. I don’t own Amex, so I can’t vouch for this though, but I am pretty sure this is how it is.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
nimod wrote:

A1. Addendum:
Amex also offers higher variants as companion card for high spend users. Mostly Platinum Travel. They charge fee for higher variants and lower variant becomes fee-less.

PS: joining fanlist of @AJ89 for his writing-skills.

So then it’s not exactly a companion card per say; it’s more like upgrading your current card to the higher variant and using your current card as the companion card for that card.
Amex really takes customer service to the next level (y)

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

+KG to @BlueFlash @nimod Pending to @hotchap as already given few days ago.
There is 1 more cc expert but i forgot his name. BTW i got ans to almost all my queries smile

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Can anyone confirm if we also get discounts/cashback on add-on cards in addition to primary card?
For e.g. say there is 10% discount on using ICICi bank card on Amazon. Now if I have two addon cards, can i avail the discount total three times for three orders, once for each of the card? Similarly, do we get 5% cashback on add-on cards of Axis Flipkart card?
TIA.

I know above is definitely not valid for HDFC add-on cards as their add-on cards have same number.

@hotchap @BlueFlash @adrishya

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

@chai_lover If card number is different then we can get discounts/cashback twice.I got Amex addon and it works on that.
I dont have addons for other banks so cant confirm.But mostly it works i guess
@caks2006407 @manikantaks4u

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
chai_lover wrote:

Can anyone confirm if we also get discounts/cashback on add-on cards in addition to primary card?
For e.g. say there is 10% discount on using ICICi bank card on Amazon. Now if I have two addon cards, can i avail the discount total three times for three orders, once for each of the card? Similarly, do we get 5% cashback on add-on cards of Axis Flipkart card?
TIA.

I know above is definitely not valid for HDFC add-on cards as their add-on cards have same number.

@hotchap @BlueFlash @adrishya

If it’s different card number’s then you can avail those website specific offer like 10% on Amazon/FK since they will assume those are different cards… if it’s same card numbers, then not possible;
Offers like 5% CB on Axis-FK are a feature of the card itself, so in case you have add-on cards for this, they will be eligible for the same… Now there’s a catch here, in case of Axis-Fk since it’s unlimited rewards it doesn’t matter, but lets say there’s a card which has a max cap of say 10K rewards per month, then that max cap value will be shared b/w the cards. Again this is only for your default rewards… occasional spend based rewards generally treat add-on cards as each for it’s own (this varies for some banks though, it’s always mentioned in the those mails whether add-on cards will share that spend quota or have their own quota for spend).

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

If it’s different card number’s then you can avail those website specific offer like 10% on Amazon/FK since they will assume those are different cards… if it’s same card numbers, then not possible;
Offers like 5% CB on Axis-FK are a feature of the card itself, so in case you have add-on cards for this, they will be eligible for the same… Now there’s a catch here, in case of Axis-Fk since it’s unlimited rewards it doesn’t matter, but lets say there’s a card which has a max cap of say 10K rewards per month, then that max cap value will be shared b/w the cards. Again this is only for your default rewards… occasional spend based rewards generally treat add-on cards as each for it’s own (this varies for some banks though, it’s always mentioned in the those mails whether add-on cards will share that spend quota or have their own quota for spend).

I’m thinking of applying add-on card for my Axis Flipkart card as there are many 10% discount offers coming on Flipkart these days. Hoping having multiple cards will help in getting (10% discount + 5% cashback) multiple times.

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
hotchap wrote:

@chai_lover If card number is different then we can get discounts/cashback twice.I got Amex addon and it works on that.
I dont have addons for other banks so cant confirm.But mostly it works i guess
@caks2006407 @manikantaks4u

FKAxis/SBI/BoB etc – addons treated different card so offers and CB are applicable for each add on. But milestone benefits are only for primary card.
ApayICICI – no add on cards allowed

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

FKAxis/SBI/BoB etc – addons treated different card so offers and CB are applicable for each add on. But milestone benefits are only for primary card.
ApayICICI – no add on cards allowed

@chai_lover

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I have taken addon cards of amex for my brother it shows in his cibil report but i have no clue if it helps in improving score n chances of getting cards.

Also spend based fees waiver counts amex addon spends and when it comes to offers i get on main as well as addon cards eg. Small shop offer was seperately available for my main and addon cards seperately

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
hotchap wrote:

@chai_lover If card number is different then we can get discounts/cashback twice.I got Amex addon and it works on that.
I dont have addons for other banks so cant confirm.But mostly it works i guess
@caks2006407 @manikantaks4u

Except HDFC, all other banks gives different numbers for addon cards, so discount offers work separately for addon cards.

And card features like 5% discount in Flipkart for flipkart axis card will work for addon cards too.

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Tjs15 wrote:

I have taken addon cards of amex for my brother it shows in his cibil report but i have no clue if it helps in improving score n chances of getting cards.

Also spend based fees waiver counts amex addon spends and when it comes to offers i get on main as well as addon cards eg. Small shop offer was seperately available for my main and addon cards seperately

can i take smartearn companion card on my family member name while i hold mrcc?
@hotchap

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
AJ89 wrote:

can i take smartearn companion card on my family member name while i hold mrcc?
@hotchap

It is given to you first, later you can take addon to your family member

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
chai_lover wrote:

I’m thinking of applying add-on card for my Axis Flipkart card as there are many 10% discount offers coming on Flipkart these days. Hoping having multiple cards will help in getting (10% discount + 5% cashback) multiple times.

One info about axis add-on cards, you have to apply and get along with primary card. This is the easiest way to get axis add-on cards. If you want to apply for axis add-on cards separately, it’s little tough to get from Axis.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
AJ89 wrote:

can i take smartearn companion card on my family member name while i hold mrcc?
@hotchap

Sir, you are getting confused between add-on card and companion card. Companion card is another variant card from the same bank. So first you have to get a primary card yourself, then you can get a addon card of the primary companion card to family member.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
manikantaks4u wrote:

One info about axis add-on cards, you have to apply and get along with primary card. This is the easiest way to get axis add-on cards. If you want to apply for axis add-on cards separately, it’s little tough to get from Axis.

I’ve submitted the documents today in the branch. let’s see how it goes.

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
Expand
manikantaks4u wrote:

Sir, you are getting confused between add-on card and companion card. Companion card is another variant card from the same bank. So first you have to get a primary card yourself, then you can get a addon card of the primary companion card to family member.

indeed yes bro. before today i thinks that companion card and add-on cards are same.
although never aware that hdfc add-on cards have same numbers.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
chai_lover wrote:

I’ve submitted the documents today in the branch. let’s see how it goes.

Pls update us the procedure you followed to get axis add-on card including the timeline it took you to get the add-on card

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
manikantaks4u wrote:

Pls update us the procedure you followed to get axis add-on card including the timeline it took you to get the add-on card

sure…will update here.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

had a pretty amazing experience with Axis Bank. Gave application in the branch on Friday and got my add-on cards delivered today. 🥳
@manikantaks4u @AJ89

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied
chai_lover wrote:

had a pretty amazing experience with Axis Bank. Gave application in the branch on Friday and got my add-on cards delivered today. 🥳
@manikantaks4u @AJ89

Branch might be good but axis cust care is 1 of worst

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

@hotchap @manikantaks4u @adrishya @guest_999 Guys sorry to disturb you again but today i found “Supplymentry card” option in Amex. I believe its add-on card.
So if i add my spouse as card member in supplymentry card so can we get 1000 bonus points 2 times (one by my card and one by supllymentry card) by spending 1k*4 two times?

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
AJ89 wrote:

@hotchap @manikantaks4u @adrishya @guest_999 Guys sorry to disturb you again but today i found “Supplymentry card” option in Amex. I believe its add-on card.
So if i add my spouse as card member in supplymentry card so can we get 1000 bonus points 2 times (one by my card and one by supllymentry card) by spending 1k*4 two times?

dont think it will be valid every month for each card. not sure though.

CC @hotchap

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
AJ89 wrote:

@hotchap @manikantaks4u @adrishya @guest_999 Guys sorry to disturb you again but today i found “Supplymentry card” option in Amex. I believe its add-on card.
So if i add my spouse as card member in supplymentry card so can we get 1000 bonus points 2 times (one by my card and one by supllymentry card) by spending 1k*4 two times?

No you can’t get 1000 bonus points twice.
But the 4 txns of 1000(1500 from 1st April, 2021) can be shared across both primary and supplementary cards.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
manikantaks4u wrote:

No you can’t get 1000 bonus points twice.
But the 4 txns of 1000(1500 from 1st April, 2021) can be shared across both primary and supplementary cards.

Yes, Its only once.
But you can share the transactions as said by manikanta
Ex: 2*1000 in primary, 2*1000 on supplement etc..(1500/- from 1 April)
@AJ89 @adrishya

Missing