Query regarding two wheeler insurance

151°
Missing
Deal Lieutenant
81
5048
90

Has anyone used Acko insurance? Are they any good?
Which 2 wheeler insurance should I opt for my father’s scooter? He is currently using Liberty insurance. 🙂

27 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1207
13

My bike insurance is expiring this week. i bought it from acko last year
I don’t know how to tell whether they are good or bad, never claimed anything

Missing
Deal Subedar
100
1161
21
cocay wrote:

My bike insurance is expiring this week. i bought it from acko last year
I don’t know how to tell whether they after good or bad, never claimed anything

You saved premium compared to other insurance providers

So it is good

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
81
5048
90
Expand
rajeshcaicwacs259 wrote:

You saved premium compared to other insurance providers

So it is good

Bhai everything is digital. So, is there any way to call them? I mean say in emergency, you hav only luxury is to call a number. So, I really want to think beyond the premium. If it is a genuinely good insurer then I will go for it. Mine is expiring tomorrow. My options are Acko, ICICI Lombard, Bajaz Allianz and the same old Liberty Insurance.

Missing
Deal Subedar
100
1161
21
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Bhai everything is digital. So, is there any way to call them? I mean say in emergency, you hav only luxury is to call a number. So, I really want to think beyond the premium. If it is a genuinely good insurer then I will go for it. Mine is expiring tomorrow. My options are Acko, ICICI Lombard, Bajaz Allianz and the same old Liberty Insurance.

Tweet them they will call you

Missing
Analyst
84
4442
157

If its only for saving from traffic cops penalty buy from any company reduce IDV to lowest possible and pay.

If it’s genuine buy from a known agent who lives close by and in business for decades.

When it comes to claims for vehicle or accident or Healthcare if the main person in family is god forbid hospitalized who will run arround to prepare papers?

That’s where these people with insurance knowledge come in handy. You sit back and they fill form and paperwork for you so worth paying extra for their services.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
81
5048
90
dharmanath481 wrote:

If its only for saving from traffic cops penalty buy from any company reduce IDV to lowest possible and pay.

If it’s genuine buy from a known agent who lives close by and in business for decades.

When it comes to claims for vehicle or accident or Healthcare if the main person in family is god forbid hospitalized who will run arround to prepare papers?

That’s where these people with insurance knowledge come in handy. You sit back and they fill form and paperwork for you so worth paying extra for their services.

True

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1207
13
dharmanath481 wrote:

If its only for saving from traffic cops penalty buy from any company reduce IDV to lowest possible and pay.

I want to purchase only for saving from cops, want to pay as low as possible.
The one year comprehensive costs 1176, third party only costs 1109. Not much difference. These are costs at acko. My previous policy is thru them.
Can you suggest any other provider I can purchase it from?
Also, other than Third Party, what all is mandatory for bike insurance?

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
270
1
Expand
cocay wrote:

I want to purchase only for saving from cops, want to pay as low as possible.
The one year comprehensive costs 1176, third party only costs 1109. Not much difference. These are costs at acko. My previous policy is thru them.
Can you suggest any other provider I can purchase it from?
Also, other than Third Party, what all is mandatory for bike insurance?

third party insurance (for every individual vehicle) + PA cover for owner-driver (only once through any insurance) is mandatory.
Check digit insurance whether their rates are less for your vehicle. For my 100 cc mcwg , digit offered lowest insurance so purchased from them :- TP – 752 (same for all 100 cc bikes across all insurance providers, value fixed by government) , PA – 220, total = 1148 (including taxes).

Missing
Analyst
84
4442
157
Expand
cocay wrote:

I want to purchase only for saving from cops, want to pay as low as possible.
The one year comprehensive costs 1176, third party only costs 1109. Not much difference. These are costs at acko. My previous policy is thru them.
Can you suggest any other provider I can purchase it from?
Also, other than Third Party, what all is mandatory for bike insurance?

Switch company.

I literally pay through my nose all bikes and cars insurance premiums.

1 thing learnt is if you switch company you get lowest. So buy before expiry.

I dont think it will go below 1000.

I have different ssets of comprehensive. Third party amd zero dep with high IDV so costlier and helps me save a decent in the switching.

Missing
Deal Major
7,180
23702
297
Expand
smz wrote:

third party insurance (for every individual vehicle) + PA cover for owner-driver (only once through any insurance) is mandatory.
Check digit insurance whether their rates are less for your vehicle. For my 100 cc mcwg , digit offered lowest insurance so purchased form them :- TP – 752 (same for all 100 cc bikes across all insurance providers, value fixed by government) , PA – 220, total = 1148 (including taxes).

what do u mean by once? (PA cover)
I think acko charged me 3x for 15L Mandatory PA cover (3 year Plan) pensive

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
81
5048
90
Expand
getready wrote:

what do u mean by once? (PA cover)
I think acko charged me 3x for 15L Mandatory PA cover (3 year Plan) pensive

It’s a mandatory thing bhai. You need to have a personal accidental cover. If you don’t then your insurance provider can provide you that. In case you have your cover, then you can simply choose not to take personal accidental insurance coverage provided by insurers. 🙂

Missing
Deal Cadet
156
821
31
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

It’s a mandatory thing bhai. You need to have a personal accidental cover. If you don’t then your insurance provider can provide you that. In case you have your cover, then you can simply choose not to take personal accidental insurance coverage provided by insurers. 🙂

What about the PA provided by premium credit cards?If one has that, is it still ncessary to take one?

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
81
5048
90
Expand
schumacher wrote:

What about the PA provided by premium credit cards?If one has that, is it still ncessary to take one?

Bhai. I am not sure about it. Your reasoning is perfect. I don’t know the answer. 😭

Missing
Blogger
0
2055
55
Expand
schumacher wrote:

What about the PA provided by premium credit cards?If one has that, is it still ncessary to take one?

those are conditional covers on spend based , swipe in last 10 days to last 90 days.

online transaction made on cc not considered mostly .

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1207
13
Expand
smz wrote:

third party insurance (for every individual vehicle) + PA cover for owner-driver (only once through any insurance) is mandatory.
Check digit insurance whether their rates are less for your vehicle. For my 100 cc mcwg , digit offered lowest insurance so purchased from them :- TP – 752 (same for all 100 cc bikes across all insurance providers, value fixed by government) , PA – 220, total = 1148 (including taxes).

I have Oct 2013, Passion xPro, Cast/Self/Disc. Digit doesn’t serve my bike so that’s out.
I just noticed that Acko charged me a whopping Rs 750 for an year of PA in my last policy.
The premium for renewal at Acko is:
With PA – 1176 (1387 with tax)
Without PA – 826 (974 with tax)
This is comprehensive. Huge difference of 400 just for PA.
Can I buy PA separately from elsewhere?
Any other suggestions I could try?
Also, who offers PA cover at 220?

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
270
1
Expand
cocay wrote:

I have Oct 2013, Passion xPro, Cast/Self/Disc. Digit doesn’t serve my bike so that’s out.
I just noticed that Acko charged me a whopping Rs 750 for an year of PA in my last policy.
The premium for renewal at Acko is:
With PA – 1176 (1387 with tax)
Without PA – 826 (974 with tax)
This is comprehensive. Huge difference of 400 just for PA.
Can I buy PA separately from elsewhere?
Any other suggestions I could try?
Also, who offers PA cover at 220?

I have sep 2012 passion pro cast/self/drum. I don’t know why yours is not supported on digit. When i searched for lowest TP insurance + PA prices, i found digit to be lowest. Next was IFFCO tokio. Try them (also check with United India insurance). Or You could easily search on policybazaar or coverfox for lowest prices.

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
270
1
Expand
cocay wrote:

I have Oct 2013, Passion xPro, Cast/Self/Disc. Digit doesn’t serve my bike so that’s out.
I just noticed that Acko charged me a whopping Rs 750 for an year of PA in my last policy.
The premium for renewal at Acko is:
With PA – 1176 (1387 with tax)
Without PA – 826 (974 with tax)
This is comprehensive. Huge difference of 400 just for PA.
Can I buy PA separately from elsewhere?
Any other suggestions I could try?
Also, who offers PA cover at 220?

TP for all 75~150 cc bikes is 752 only. https://www.policybazaar.com/motor-insurance/tw...

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1207
13
Expand
smz wrote:

I have sep 2012 passion pro cast/self/drum. I don’t know why yours is not supported on digit. When i searched for lowest TP insurance + PA prices, i found digit to be lowest. Next was IFFCO tokio. Try them (also check with United India insurance). Or You could easily search on policybazaar or coverfox for lowest prices.

Will try tomorrow as it’s the last date. If i don’t find anything cheaper, I’ll Renew with acko and pay via Amazon. Atleast the pay balance will give me net discount on total payment because i collected it over time with 10% offers.

Missing
Deal Cadet
92
317
2
Expand
cocay wrote:

Will try tomorrow as it’s the last date. If i don’t find anything cheaper, I’ll Renew with acko and pay via Amazon. Atleast the pay balance will give me net discount on total payment because i collected it over time with 10% offers.

Make sure you are comparing the insurance quotes with same IDV. Most of these insurers will reduce the IDV to show a few rupees lower. Ignore my comment if you are going with third party.

D1g1t is lowest usually for comprehensive insurance.. try this thing.. put your number and input all details, but stop from at the last step (i.e., paying up). You will get a call immediately.. tell you were looking for a lower quote.. they will offer you a discount coupon stuck_out_tongue

Try your luck i wd say..

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1207
13
Expand
santosh_blr wrote:

Make sure you are comparing the insurance quotes with same IDV. Most of these insurers will reduce the IDV to show a few rupees lower. Ignore my comment if you are going with third party.

D1g1t is lowest usually for comprehensive insurance.. try this thing.. put your number and input all details, but stop from at the last step (i.e., paying up). You will get a call immediately.. tell you were looking for a lower quote.. they will offer you a discount coupon stuck_out_tongue

Try your luck i wd say..

Already tried digit, they don’t serve my bike

Missing
Deal Cadet
93
695
5

Any extra discount for Amazon prime members in acko insurance…

Missing
Deal Cadet
93
695
5
cocay wrote:

My bike insurance is expiring this week. i bought it from acko last year
I don’t know how to tell whether they are good or bad, never claimed anything

Did they provide NCB benefits

Missing
Deal Subedar
57
1207
13
Expand
popeyemask wrote:

Did they provide NCB benefits

Yes, this year they provided 50% ncb,  Rs 45

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
81
5048
90

Guys I bought from ICICI Lombard. smile

Missing