RBI scales down printing of Rs 2,000 note to minimum: Govt sources

146°
Deal Major
desiman

RBI scales down printing of Rs 2,000 note to minimum: Govt sources

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/in...

hushed
12 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Nothing happened.. 99.9% of old notes were redeemed.. They estimated that maybe 50-60% would be.. But under estimated the levels of corruption..

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

High value 500//1000 rupee note was used for terror funding , corruption. We need solutions.
Answer is in OP’s post😂😂😂
Thoda wo 100 wale note ko bhi change krdo. 2000 500 wale naye note chote he usse. Bar bar dekhna pdta sala khi gir to ni gya

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

one fine day….mitron

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Reduction of 2000rs note was stated clear at the time of demo itself if I am not wrong. I dont see what’s the fuss about. Less number of high value notes means we dont have to run around asking for change. Most of us use wallets and cards these days in city’s and in villages not many use the high value notes anyway atleast 70% of them in my guess.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

2000 notes and over the counter exchange defeated the whole purpose of demonetisation.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

I have deep respect for you, so don’t take it otherwise.

I read many accounts of impact of demonetisation, net-net I believe it had a good impact. I broadly divide its impact into 2 parts, actual achievements and messaging for future.

Actual achievwments are based on data, which is open to interpretation. Different economista/analysts had different way of looking at it and I choose one of their versions.

The part which I could reason out was
1.the total cash available, which was growing at an alarming pace, and demonetisation, helped contain it, had it not been done, the current levels wpuld be mjch higher.
2.Parallel Economy destabilised, it may not have been 100% removed, but containing it is also a positive.
3. Digital payments really took off after this. Today almost all Micro shops, pan wala, fruits, meals accepts Paytm,UPI. I pay in cash only in bus and auto, which I believe would soon change, because getting exact change is difficult, so the roadside shops increasingly accept digital for convenience.
4. Property Prices fell in many areas. This is not my experience, I collected this from the debates and tweets I read.
5. Messaging, Govt. gave the signal, it would act strong whem needed. People had this “Kuch Nahi Hoga” attitude. Govt. has made a dent on it.

Net-net it is the supreme incompetence and servile nature of our Indian News Media, that is issue.

View 3 more replies
Critic Critic
Link Copied

I could never stand that cheap looking and feeling 2000 rupee note (along with the new 500, 20 etc. ones as well), damn cheap looking slippery shite, other than the fact that it’s so much more impractical and inconvenient for us, the middle-class people to shop with, especially in regards to stationery and grocery purchase. Is there any hope these new notes will be banned? Please, I pray to you imaginary God.

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

Nice election strategy.. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

replyuser
Click here to reply