Reliance Calls Off ₹ 24,700 Crore Retail Deal With Future Group

267°
Deal Lieutenant
bohemian
Reliance Calls Off ₹ 24,700 Crore Retail Deal With Future Group After Secured Creditors Voted Against It

Following secured creditors – primarily banks and financial institutions – of several listed entities of Future Group rejection of the sale worth Rs 24,713 crore, the deal cannot be implemented, said Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) in a regulatory filing on Saturday.

In August 2020, Future Group announced the ₹
24,713-crore deal to sell 19 companies operating in retail, wholesale,
logistics and warehousing segments to Reliance Retail Ventures Ltd
(RRVL)

On
Saturday, in a filing with stock exchanges, RIL said, the scheme of
arrangement for the transfer of retail & wholesale business and the
logistics and warehousing business of Future Group to Reliance Retail
Ventures Limited (RRVL), a subsidiary of the Company and Reliance Retail
and Fashion Lifestyle Limited (RRFLL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of
RRVL, cannot be implemented.

Explained: Why has Reliance called off Future Retail takeover proposal?

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/exp...

https://www.ndtv.com/business/futures-creditors...

Expired
21 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
  • Sort By
Cool Cool
Link Copied

What will happen to big bazaar

Chennai Super Kings Chennai Super Kings
Link Copied

Now what will happen to big bazar?

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Reliance has called off an official deal to acquire Future Retail but I think they will keep acquiring stores for failure of lease payments

Jeff baba ki chaddi mein jab tak koi bomb nahi fodega, tab tak to Future Retail ko bankrupt hone se nahi bachaya ja sakta stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes joy

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

i think it is preplanned move by ril. 

now reliance will acquire future through ibc @  much lesser price and Amazon can’t able to object to this sale in ibc. 

Critic Critic
Link Copied

They mainly wanted the real estate. That is already 80% achieved. 

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Na khud liya na amazon ko lene Diya…bechara future retail

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
panchabhut wrote:

They mainly wanted the real estate. That is already 80% achieved. 

If the deal is cancelled then they will have to vacate that

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Bk100 wrote:

now reliance will acquire future through ibc @  much lesser price and Amazon can’t able to object to this sale in ibc. 

Possible but how will the secured creditors (banks) who have rejected the offer now will accept the offer later.

Cool Cool
Link Copied

mere ko chakkar aa raha hai

Link Copied
Expand
GoogleCA wrote:

Possible but how will the secured creditors (banks) who have rejected the offer now will accept the offer later.

This was plan earlier

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/761804/medium/payment.jpg?1650737171
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/761805/medium/Screenshot_20220423-233527_Chrome.jpg?1650737192

Link Copied
Expand
GoogleCA wrote:

price and haircut will be decided by executor. Lenders will not able negotiate separately. 

sab mile huwe hai ji. 😂🤣

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
GoogleCA wrote:

If the deal is cancelled then they will have to vacate that

No. They made sidedeals with the landlords and tookover the property separately. Future Retail was just the tenant.

Link Copied

…reliance philosophy…

…select any sector to trade and destroy the biggest player….by hook or by crook…

…In this fiasco….Future group , amazon and Reliance….all lied and all tried to get the biggest profit..

…in the end….amazon got nothing but hatred from jingoistic nationalists.

..future group never had any future….they deserve it all…

..Mota bhai got thousands of future group spaces with rent agreements …arranged contracts with vendors….contractual labour etc….so in short clear winner….

…hope next company to sit in the lap of reliance plays his card well or else…..swaha….

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Ab mera 1000rs Physical Big Bazaar Voucher ka kya hoga? Kaha pe redeem karu? 😂

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
desiman wrote:

What will happen to big bazaar

khatm. Literally khatm

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Future retail took over Hypercity and closed them. It was such a nice store. now they are themselves done. Karma

Rajasthan Royals Rajasthan Royals
Link Copied
Bk100 wrote:

Possible.

RIL first fought with AZ so AZ cant get a foothold in Indian retail space. 

Then RIL structured the deal in a way that smoked secured creditors. That’s why they have voted against it.

RIL has done it before. Their deal with RCOM fell through in 2017 because once again secured lenders were to be killed.

For now, bankruptcy is reasonably certain for Future.

Point is, AZ can still back an Indian co and proxy bid using them to acquire Future post-bankruptcy, we’ll see.

@still_guessing : Spot on. I don’t need to outrun the bear. I just need to outrun you – said the friend in Aesop’s fables.

Link Copied
Expand
bftb wrote:

Possible.

They first fought with AZ so that they cant get a foothold in Indian retail space. 

Then they structured the deal in a way that smoked secured creditors. That’s why they voted against it.

RIL has done it before. Their deal with RCOM fell through in 2017 because once again secured lenders were to be killed.

Point is AZ can still back an Indian co and proxy bid using them to acquire Future, we’ll see.

@still_guessing : Spot on. I don’t need to outrun the bear. I just need to outrun you – said the friend in Aesop’s fables.

In ibc winning bid going to be less than 24000 crore for sure. 

Link Copied
Tejaa wrote:

Ab mera 1000rs Physical Big Bazaar Voucher ka kya hoga? Kaha pe redeem karu? 😂

My condolences wink

…think you donated for a bigger cause…

replyuser
Click here to reply