Requesting Reviews for Havells ST7000 Rechargeable Dual-Blade Shimmer

123°
Mumbai Indians
DEALSTER

Dear Fellow Dimers,

I am contemplating buying a shaver/trimmer which gives a very close trim, closer than the regular trimmers. I zeroed in upon Phiilips OneBlade and Havells Shimmer. 

https://www.amazon.in/Havells-ST7000-Rechargeab...

https://www.amazon.in/Philips-QP2525-10-OneBlad...

While Philips is obviously a crowd favorite Havells scores in the following departments. 

1. Changing Time: Havells: 90 min, Philips: 8 hours

2. Runtime: Havells: 60 min, Philips: 45 min

3. Corded use: only havells has this. Philips cant be used unless charged

4. Cost of blades: havells is way cheaper

Now, if somebody has used this Havells Shimmer, i would really appreciate some feedback. 

Expired
20 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Quality wise I prefer Philips anyday for trimmer.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
DEALSTER wrote:

but have you used any of these?

Yes, I also would like to know from @kukdookoo and @M.MAHI bhai.. have you people used these two?

@DEALSTER Havells – It says cordless only

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/761384/original/image.png?1650597216

Mumbai Indians Mumbai Indians
Link Copied
Expand
xuseronline wrote:

Yes, I also would like to know from @kukdookoo and @M.MAHI bhai.. have you people used these two?

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/761384/original/image.png?1650597216

Yes, i saw that but reviews on amazon and the product catalogue on havells site say otherwise. Anyway, it would be better than philips whic takes 8 hours to charge. 

I have ordered it for 1400. Lets see how it is. 

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
DEALSTER wrote:

Yes, i saw that but reviews on amazon and the product catalogue on havells site say otherwise. Anyway, it would be better than philips whic takes 8 hours to charge. 

I have ordered it for 1400. Lets see how it is. 

Great!
Please do post review after using it a few times smile
I might also buy one!

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
xuseronline wrote:

paji if u r buying philips one blade for trimming or shaving then many good options available from philips itself which are cheaper. @DEALSTER
avoid havells

Link Copied
Expand
xuseronline wrote:

Great!
Please do post review after using it a few times smile
I might also buy one!

@kukdookoo @xuseronline;

I got the havells trimmer/shaver and used it yesterday. I am seriously wondering where has it been all my life. 

While it is too early to say anything, but the first shave was amazing. It trims or shaves closer that any other Timmer i have used. The best way to describe the shave is to compare it with a razor blade. It was very similar to the result if you don’t shave against the grain with a normal blade minus the nicks and cuts. I wet my face with water and was was able to shave the whole face in under 10 mins. I am sure it will get more comfortable as I get used to it. 

I can comment on battery life and durability only after extended use. 

Link Copied
Expand
DEALSTER wrote:

@kukdookoo @xuseronline;

I got the havells trimmer/shaver and used it yesterday. I am seriously wondering where has it been all my life. 

While it is too early to say anything, but the first shave was amazing. It trims or shaves closer that any other Timmer i have used. The best way to describe the shave is to compare it with a razor blade. It was very similar to the result if you don’t shave against the grain with a normal blade minus the nicks and cuts. I wet my face with water and was was able to shave the whole face in under 10 mins. I am sure it will get more comfortable as I get used to it. 

If u want a clean shave thennothing beats the razor blade

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Any brand with cord+cordless use?

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
DEALSTER wrote:

@kukdookoo @xuseronline;

Thanks for the review bhai.
Please do post review again after using it for a few days smile

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
DEALSTER wrote:

@kukdookoo @xuseronline;

Review please?

Link Copied

I have Philips one using since 4 years and i can say it is the best and durable 

still works like new one 

Totally paisa vasool

Link Copied
Expand
jitin.ginotra15 wrote:

Review please?

@xuseronline;

so i have used it for a month now. 6 times to be exact. here is my experience:

1. battery it pretty awesome. the battery indicator is still green after 6 full shaves. It has lasted more than 60 mins already and i think i can squeeze in atleast one more shave. 
2. with some practice i have been able to get a very close shave. No other trimmer has done this for me before. 
3. the blade facing down is hardly used as i have not been able to find a perfect angle.
4.for a shave, it works best with a wet face. with lather, i found it difficult to use. 

Overall i am very happy with it till now. Do post a question if i can help with anything in specific.

Link Copied
hackerboys wrote:

I have Philips one using since 4 years and i can say it is the best and durable 

still works like new one 

Totally paisa vasool

do you mean Philips one blade? if yes, how often do u replace the blades?

I skipped Philips one blade mainly because of the 8 hours charging time which results in just 45 minutes of power. 

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
DEALSTER wrote:

@xuseronline;

so i have used it for a month now. 6 times to be exact. here is my experience:

1. battery it pretty awesome. the battery indicator is still green after 6 full shaves. It has lasted more than 60 mins already and i think i can squeeze in atleast one more shave. 
2. with some practice i have been able to get a very close shave. No other trimmer has done this for me before. 
3. the blade facing down is hardly used as i have not been able to find a perfect angle.
4.for a shave, it works best with a wet face. with lather, i found it difficult to use. 

Overall i am very happy with it till now. Do post a question if i can help with anything in specific.

Thanks so much again smile
Have 2 questions:

1. Can it be used with power cord?
  2. Is the battery replaceable?

Link Copied
Expand
xuseronline wrote:

Thanks so much again smile
Have 2 questions:

1. Can it be used with power cord?
  2. Is the battery replaceable?

Answer is no to both. Battery for any rechargeable trimmer can only be replaced at a service center as I understand. 

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
DEALSTER wrote:

Answer is no to both. Battery for any rechargeable trimmer can only be replaced at a service center as I understand. 

Thanks again. These companies charges a lot of money for batteries, therefore, I wanted to have one which can be used with cord.

I have been using Phillips Trimmer for almost 10 years, I think. 
Never changed blades.
Never changed batteries… no backups but I always use it with the cord so no issues.

Companies do not earn anything from customers like me so they make such changes so that they can charge some money wink

Link Copied
Expand
xuseronline wrote:

Thanks again. These companies charges a lot of money for batteries, therefore, I wanted to have one which can be used with cord.

I have been using Phillips Trimmer for almost 10 years, I think. 
Never changed blades.
Never changed batteries… no backups but I always use it with the cord so no issues.

Companies do not earn anything from customers like me so they make such changes so that they can charge some money wink

The main difference is that this one is not the same trimmer. It’s a shaver. You will see the difference once you use it. It can be compared only with Philips one blade. The one that you have mentioned is a regular trimmer. I have used those extensively and was never satisfied with the trim. I wanted something which trims closer. And the havells shimmer fits the bill. I would have loved a corded one but for such shavers that option is not available in the market. One reason being the ability to use it on wet skin. corded operation might be dangerous in that case I believe. 

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
Expand
DEALSTER wrote:

The main difference is that this one is not the same trimmer. It’s a shaver. You will see the difference once you use it. It can be compared only with Philips one blade. The one that you have mentioned is a regular trimmer. I have used those extensively and was never satisfied with the trim. I wanted something which trims closer. And the havells shimmer fits the bill. I would have loved a corded one but for such shavers that option is not available in the market. One reason being the ability to use it on wet skin. corded operation might be dangerous in that case I believe. 

Ji Bhai.

I know I have trimmer and Havells is Shaver smile
My only point was, wish it could be used with cords so no jhanjhat of batteries but you also have a valid point that it could be dangerous.

replyuser
Click here to reply