SBI Credit card application related

105°
Deal Lieutenant
20
3277
23

I used sbi credit for about 2 years(around 2017) and closed it after clearing all dues. The reason for closure being I’m not using it, and it is Simply Save variant. Now I’m trying to apply for Simply Click, and after I give the PAN number it says, there is already existing application or I already hold a card. It gives me two options:

Option1: To retrieve the existing application. If I choose this it simply redirects me to the same application which I started with.

Option2: It gives an option to validate using existing card details and further gives an option to change/upgrade the card type. Since I do not have a valid card, I cannot take this option. I did try giving my old (closed) card account details, but that says it is invalid.

So it is kind of never ending loop that is going on. Anyone have any similar experiences with SBI? Or is there some point of contact where I can ask to delink any existing applications and start afresh?

Thanks in advance.

22 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
95
1222
26

I think you should visit branch fir more clearity on this issue.

20
3277
23
M.MAHI wrote:

I think you should visit branch fir more clearity on this issue.

If I go through their agents, they can process the application, but I will miss on the referral benefit. Moreover branch may not have much details about background card information. They can process applications. I understand SBI cards division is different from the usual branches

194
6342
71

Call CC; tell them when u try to apply now system says card exists, give them old card details and get it deleted
no personal exp, just advice

0
7662
118

Tweet karo bro.
One tweet can change your life blush

20
3277
23
caks2006407 wrote:

Call CC; tell them when u try to apply now system says card exists, give them old card details and get it deleted
no personal exp, just advice

Thank you.

Call connects to CC only when there is a valid card account. If I choose existing card holder, it asks for card details. If new customer, it records my phone number and people who call in return for applications are only interested in selling, but least bothered to listen/fix the issue.

One agent verified all the details and said there are no red flags for your application, and he can process it. If I choose this path I will miss on some extra rewards. So posted here to get any clues.

20
3277
23
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Tweet karo bro.
One tweet can change your life blush

Yes that’s one option, are they really active there?

0
7662
118
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Yes that’s one option, are they really active there?

Yea, all major companies who have their verified profile on twitter do respond to our queries quickly since they too have their own TAT to meet.

20
3277
23
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Yea, all major companies who have their verified profile on twitter do respond to our queries quickly since they too have their own TAT to meet.

I will try that option. But I’m sure there is some weird issue with the applications likely due to me being returning customer. If only they try to understand my concern! I’m sure I can get the card if I go the offline way.

Anyhow, thanks!

0
7662
118
Expand
andromeda wrote:

I will try that option. But I’m sure there is some weird issue with the applications likely due to me being returning customer. If only they try to understand my concern! I’m sure I can get the card if I go the offline way.

Anyhow, thanks!

Offline process is quite tedious and applying it online is very simple.

20
3277
23
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Offline process it quite tedious and applying it online is very simple.

Apart from being tedious, I will lose the rewards. For me, SBI card usage is mainly during sales on amazon/flipkart. So I’m not after them. And via online, it just doesn’t budge further

0
7662
118
Expand
andromeda wrote:

Apart from being tedious, I will lose the rewards. For me, SBI card usage is mainly during sales on amazon/flipkart. So I’m not after them. And via online, it just doesn’t budge further

Applying through affiliate sites also would give your hefty rewards grin grinning

20
3277
23
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Applying through affiliate sites also would give your hefty rewards grin grinning

That’s what I meant by those extra rewards grinning

50
323
2

You should tell customer care to deregister your Simply Save credit card from database & then you can proceed with the application.

20
3277
23
Mufasa wrote:

You should tell customer care to deregister your Simply Save credit card from database & then you can proceed with the application.

Iff their mighty customer care can understand that!

95
1222
26
Expand
andromeda wrote:

If I go through their agents, they can process the application, but I will miss on the referral benefit. Moreover branch may not have much details about background card information. They can process applications. I understand SBI cards division is different from the usual branches

Branch will have more details than online.

113
925
8

@andromeda I had a similar issue. It was giving me the same error on applying for a new card online. I emailed & talked to their CC to check and close any pending application on my account. However, they every-time said that there is no application pending and the old card is also closed. I waited for 3-4 months but the error didn’t auto-resolve. Eventually, I got frustrated and ended up getting it through the agent and received the card in a week.

20
3277
23
chai_lover wrote:

@andromeda I had a similar issue. It was giving me the same error on applying for a new card online. I emailed & talked to their CC to check and close any pending application on my account. However, they every-time said that there is no application pending and the old card is also closed. I waited for 3-4 months but the error didn’t auto-resolve. Eventually, I got frustrated and ended up getting it through the agent and received the card in a week.

+kg bro.

I’m looking for this lead if its worth the time taking this twitter/phone/email path. Looks like none except their agents can fix that. Thank you. I will try the usual methods in any case, but not be persistent on them

50
20
0

Same I have simply save card how can I get simply click card please help about this

50
32
1
kvaishnav wrote:

Same I have simply save card how can I get simply click card please help about this

Just call and ask them on customer care to upgrade it to simply click they will do it

50
20
0
Expand
vivek4uuuu wrote:

Just call and ask them on customer care to upgrade it to simply click they will do it

Yes I did the same my card is changed to simply click

Missing