SBI Debit card charges?

67°
Deal Cadet
74
826
7
SBI Debit card charges?

On SBI debit card page, all debit card variants have some form of charges – https://sbi.co.in/web/personal-banking/cards/de...
Is there any SBI debit card with no (joining or annual) charges? I read somewhere that basic Rupay debit card does not have charges but cc say that it’ll also have charges.

6 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
  • Sort By
177
980
7

Minimum charges are 125+ GST for classic debit card. There is no free debit card for normal saving account.

But you can get ltf rupay card with BSDA (basic saving account) which have many restrictions. And accounts like pradhan mantri jan dhan yojna.

606
13624
170

SBI RuPay classic card, first time issue free and 2nd year charge Rs125+ GST (approx Rs149).

74
826
7

Hmm. Thanks then I guess no point in getting the debit card. Don’t want to pay any annual charges. I will use yono cash for withdrawal then.

706
5815
60
tyroceur wrote:

Hmm. Thanks then I guess no point in getting the debit card. Don’t want to pay any annual charges. I will use yono cash for withdrawal then.

YONO cash has much lower limits compared to debit card(max 10k in 1 transaction,two such transactions in a day & only works at sbi atm).

74
826
7
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

YONO cash has much lower limits compared to debit card(max 10k in 1 transaction,two such transactions in a day & only works at sbi atm).

That should be fine for me. I’m mostly digital, usually only cash out about 2-5k per month.

706
5815
60
Expand
tyroceur wrote:

That should be fine for me. I’m mostly digital, usually only cash out about 2-5k per month.

Then no issue but what if you need to make a purchase of 20-30k+ at some offline store(laptop,fridge,tv etc) unless you have some other debit card.

Missing