Hot Deal

Scammed in the name of Patanjali Ayurveda (55000 Rs)

809°
Deal Cadet
PaneerButter...

Hi Dimers,

I need some expert opinions here.

I was looking for long-term treatment for my ill parents. They have been diabetic for the last few years, and I finally decided to book a treatment at Patanjali Yoggram, Haridwar.
I searched for Patanjali Yogpeeth on Google, and I called on the first result with the following details:Phone - 09027316470
Website - https://yogapeethbooking.in/

The person told me he was from Patanjali and would help me book a slot.

He also shared the bank details as follows:

Name:- PATANJALI YOGPEETH TRUST

Bank:- PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK

A/c:- 0179000100336774

IFSC Code:- PUNB0487100

Branch:- Patanjali Yogpeeth Santersha

State:- Uttarakhand

District:- Haridwar

The account name and branch look genuine, so I transferred Rs. 55,000. 

Later he demanded more money for some tests, which made me suspicious.

On searching a bit more, I realized that I had been scammed.

I have raised a complaint with my Bank and Cyber Cell. Both say chances of getting money back is NIL.

Surprisingly, I was told that Bank doesn't verify the name on the account if amount is less than 2 lakh.

What can I do in this case?

Expired

Deal Wiki

• Created by : saucap
74 Comments  |  
36 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

one of my relative also got scammed, kadwe kadwe churn dedete h, aram hota nhi h

Generous Generous
Link Copied
It's more dangerous then simple Churan.
I have seen people who got worse after these Churans.
Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

🙁

There are lots of fake websites, fraud YouTube channels showing themselves as connected to popular Babas and giving wrong information about their program

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Did you complain about it  to original  patanjali also

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I did. They didn't even care to reply.

View 2 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Amount is huge file FIR

Generous Generous
Link Copied

If you transferred the money yourself then chances of getting help from banks is very low.

And if your parents are diabetic get proper medications too (allopathic), do not stop taking allopathic medicines if you want to try Ayurvedic treatment (which I am against but to each their own).

If you are going for Ayurvedic treatment get their liver kidneys checked every 3 month.

This is maybe a warning sign from the higher power you belive in to avoid this alternative medications altogether.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I do agree that I transferred it.

But don't you think this is 420 case?

View 2 more replies
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

I feel so sorry  .

I'm praying.

And if you fail to recover that amount please don't be disheartened. 

And don't tell your parents about it.

Take care.

File FIR .

50,000 is a big amount but tension added to it as interest is a huge burden.

Don't blame yourself.

And in the meanwhile forget that the day ever existed and you gave 55k to a scammer .

Forget it.

Take care of you and your family.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Thanks. Let's hope for the best.

View 1 more reply
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

For anything other than the most trivial conditions alternative treatment modes aren't recommended. Effectiveness hasn't been clinically validated and a wide range of potential side effects, even severe, exist that these practitioners haven't documented. 

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

That's a huge loss for the OP, I sympathise. But what you said is spot on. He would have been scammed even if it was sent to the right account too. There is nothing like a permanent solution.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

I can understand and sorry for the loss

but you made a mistake dude . Before transferring the amount you should have investigated the website 

see it is complete fake and looks they forget to complete the website 

Everywhere on BookNow option Call option is coming , apart from this Contact page is completely irrevelant 

see they entered location as 

UZ 90 - Udaipur Kurdh Rajasthan

You should have carefully checked the site 

caoppa

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

This is something I found later too. 😢

Didn't look at the website. Used the call button.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Apart from the current topic,

Alternative medicine is good just a side treatment but please don't rely on that.

Consult a proper diabetologist.

If you don't know any such doc, you can search on practo.

Solely relying on ayurveda or yoga may do tremendous harm to the health of your parents. 

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Approach Punjab National Bank to block this account and recover amount transferred with a copy of FIR. Go to a PNB branch and also email to the branch manager of the account 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Already filed a complaint with Cyber Cell. Would that work?

View 5 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Sorry for your loss Brother. Please learn from your mistakes for future safety and move on. 

It seems you were in hurry for all this process. 

Please consider my comments as advice for future, not as finding your mistakes.

1)Never pick a no. From google for contacting any support. 

2) Always check for spelling mistakes in URL.

As in your case it's yogapeethbooking.in  (it should be Yogpeeth).

3)When there is any money transfer transaction in between then always check for account related details. Twice or thrice and when you got sured, then only proceed. 

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/delhi/web-desig...  😓

https://hindi.news18.com/amp/news/bihar/patna-p...   😓

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

@getready @guest_999 @LIMBO what can be done in this case. Any chance of recovery ??

View 1 more reply
Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

Tag Yogiji and Modiji on Twitter. Cyber Police and local police will then take your complaint seriously and nab these culprits. Do it

Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

Hope the lesson is learnt : Booking or doing all online but still stuck to babaji stuff? Babaji ki naam hi kaafi hai, par kaam nahin, poora jalwa dikha diya na! Go for a modern medicine hospital next time and don't book online, physically visit...

Langothi pehen ke, hath jod ke, ek pair pe khade hoke dharna maroge police station ya bank ke saamne to bhi kuch accha hone ka chance nahin dikh raha... yeh paschataap bhi kaam naa ayega...

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

Bhai aap SP ya aapki location ke IG ko reach karne ki koshish karo 😐

But agar ye Udaipur se hai to gang bada ho sakta hai still i will say don't loose hope 3-6 mahine tak follow up karte rahiye 😑

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Op u could have little bit more conscious while transferring huge money could have visited offline office n did the payment still wonder how can u transfer that much amt without cross checking it?

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied

Totally agree.

55000 just after call .

Who does that 🤔

View 1 more reply
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

These scammers are a shame to the country. I was in some international group on telegram where a guy posted about getting scammed of 40k dollars ( 42Lakhs) from a customer care executive who was calling from India but acting like they were from US.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
Scammers are not a shame ... its the governments who are not willing to do anything about this !!!  SCAMMERS GET CREATED WHERE THERE IS AN OPPORTUNITY !
View 5 more replies
Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

You are not alone OP. Twitter is full of such fraud cases and nobody is doing anything. Just search Patanjali Fraud as keyword and cases of people being cheated in lakhs will show up 😑

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Post it on twitter with fir ... put the link here ... we all will help to reach the people. I know a pnb bank manager , can speak to him and see... 

Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

If you would have paid by cc then you could have disputed it. Even upi have dispute option. Bank transfer dose not have any dispute options. 

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

If you would have paid by cc then you could have disputed it. Even upi
have dispute option. Bank transfer dose not have any dispute options.

----- upi dispute isnt as good as cc i think. Even with cc, what happens after disputing ?? The payment would have already reached the party right ?
View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
File complaint at your base branch They will help u to recover the amount
Generous Generous
Link Copied

everyone next time when transacting on a unknown website, please make sure the following

1. Check Site Domain registration details online (to check if it is recently registered)
2. Make sure u make payment only via Online portal. like billdesk or something except Bank transfer. (unless u know them well)
3. Check for site reviews available online (just Google website name and u will find)
4. Dont ever tell OTP online. even they are trustworthy. most time scammers do it. if any thing need to be updated just visit branch instead of sharing OTP online.

Pin this comment so others can benefit from it

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

. Check Site Domain registration details online (to check if it is recently registered) ----- how to check this ??? any suggested website  ?

View 2 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

File complaint online through https://cybercrime.g...n/ and do a FIR in ur local police station. In case they do not write FIR, do call at 112 where each call is recorded for FIR.

Do contact to your bank and give a request to reverse the payment which is possible within first 24 hour from the time of payment.

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

File FIR with local police station plus Cybercrime complaint.

Take FIR copy and request SP or IG to look into this matter if local police wala is slow or taking no action.

MLAya local media wala ki bhi help lein if local police wala is not filing FIR.

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

Don't rely on babas for treatment

This ramdev mocks allopathy calls it stupid science but he and his aides take allopathy medicine and get admitted to allopathy hospitals if needed 

He often recommends to eat cow dung drink cow urine and lauki ka juice for every disease 

One should not fall for such Babas and always opt for professional doctors and modern medicine 

Your money deposited into Sumit Singh's account 

I suggest you Don't forget your money immediately call cyber helpline and file proper complaint and mention your local thana there if you really need to recover your money

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Your money deposited into Sumit Singh's account

---- HOW DID you find the account name ?? Govt should show account name while paying via bank too so that people can cross check names ....
View 5 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

The only genuine way to know the name of the bank is via UPI verify option. 

If the scammer is giving name, like even gives like rattan tata, name is quite irrelevant in IMPS/NEFT. wrong name but correct acc transfer will still proceed and will be sucessful. The problem is with the scamster ofc but also with you not know basic banking. Don't mind what I said. 

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

I need some expert opinions here.

I was looking for long-term treatment for my ill parents. They have been diabetic for the last few years, and I finally decided to book a treatment at Patanjali Yoggram, Haridwar.

Dost, go to nearest endocrinologist cum diabetologist. Take the meds. Take them from nearest generic store. At least parent's treatment will not be stopped. 

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

Got a video shared by one friend that had "Patanjali" name on it and reminded me of this post to share it with you all.

Full video here:

This is the modus operandi of the criminals and there are many more like op, who got affected by such fraudulent activities!

Pls beware!!

PS: As shared by @saucap pls reach to National helpline number 1930 for such complaints.

PPS: AVOID UNNECESSARY DISCUSSIONS!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
u can still get ur money back as it happend inside india and they took money in bank account.. Keep track with cyber cell providing proper information... But this process may take time
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

@PaneerButterMasala final updates on this issue

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

No Money. Nothing traced. Police couldn't do anything.

View 5 more replies
replyuser
Click here to reply