(Should buy or not as a beginner) Second Hand Nikon 5300 DSLR with two lenses 18-55mm and 55-200mm @30k?

233°
Budding Star
JassuBhai

Someone from my nearby studio is offering DSLR Nikon 5300 with above two lenses, which is not much used. Price he’s quoting is 30k – is it a good deal for someone who need it to satisfy his photography hobby?
Thanks : )

22 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied

This is beginner model and you can get this new in 35k range(with 1 lens).
Try bargaining on the price. Anything under 24k will be good deal.

Super Moderator Super Moderator
Moderator
Link Copied

Yes, infact it is more than a basic camera and good to start with, go ahead.
Im not in touch with the prices though.

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

Electronics items ki loot machi hai….Computer components aur Cameras ki price 1.5 guna badh chuki hai….

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Someone in my city sold same for 20k.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Prices have increased. Nikon D5600 was available for a long time at 49k for dual lens kit. Now it’s 59k.

Thoroughly check the lens before buying for scratches and fungus. Also check shutter count & try to negotiate the price.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
cadence wrote:

Prices have increased. Nikon D5600 was available for a long time at 49k for dual lens kit. Now it’s 59k.

Thoroughly check the lens before buying for scratches and fungus. Also check shutter count & try to negotiate the price.

What is shutter count ?

Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied
BAT_MAN wrote:

This is beginner model and you can get this new in 35k range(with 1 lens).
Try bargaining on the price. Anything under 24k will be good deal.

Hmm, will try for 24k or lower, thanks – kg+ : )

Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied
cm4444 wrote:

Yes, infact it is more than a basic camera and good to start with, go ahead.
Im not in touch with the prices though.

It will be my first DSLR (if the deal goes on the floor). Previously – I was thinking of savings for costlier mirrorless ones, but now considering this to have more idea about DSLRs. Kg+ : )

Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied
Chakra wrote:

Someone in my city sold same for 20k.

Which city, btw?

Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied

@flawlessking @cadence with your facts, I’m feeling – it’ll make a great deal under 24k.. no? Kg+ : )

Critic Critic
Link Copied
JassuBhai wrote:

@flawlessking @cadence with your facts, I’m feeling – it’ll make a great deal under 24k.. no? Kg+ : )

Depends on condition but it will be a good kit to begin your DSLR journey.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

Junk lens (both)
After couple of months you will want to get rid of them but there will be no takers :toungueout:
Not a good deal @ 30k
w/ high shutter count and  Obv No warranty (Its an 8 year old launch*).. not worth 20k Either (Single lens kit used to sell for <25k)

Super Moderator Super Moderator
Moderator
Link Copied
getready wrote:

Junk lens (both)
After couple of months you will want to get rid of them but there will be no takers toungueout
Not a good deal @ 30k
w/ high shutter count and No warranty.. not worth 20k Either (Single lens kit used to sell for <25k)

There was a time when D5100 with 18-55 lens at 35k used to be a sure shot FPD grinning
@oli.ferns759 used to post many D5100 deals
Good old days @anthrax.ut @bumblefoot @RDX

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied
JassuBhai wrote:

@flawlessking @cadence with your facts, I’m feeling – it’ll make a great deal under 24k.. no? Kg+ : )

Yes indeed. But do check thoroughly before purchasing.

Community Angel Community Angel
Admin
Link Copied
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Any good deals on Nikon DSLR?
I am looking for mirrorless full frame dslr…
@cadence @cm4444 @JassuBhai @getready @BAT_MAN
TIA pray sweat_smile

Currently no good deals on slr, wait for better price in prime day. looking for mirrorless in nikon only?

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
MrKool_JJ wrote:

Any good deals on Nikon DSLR?
I am looking for mirrorless full frame dslr…
@cadence @cm4444 @JassuBhai @getready @BAT_MAN
TIA pray sweat_smile

Nikon is new entry to Mirrorless segment
+ the lens ( Z-Mount) availability is a problem for Nikon.. they are only limited options and they cost a lot too (40k+). You can use cheap Nikon F-mount lens with FTZ Adapter but the experience won’t be the same ( Issues with Auto-Focus n stuff ) and even this adapter costs 12k+
For mirrorless cameras, prefer Sony ( A6300/A6400/A6500/A6600 )
or Panasonic GH4/GH5

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

Nikon is new entry to Mirrorless segment
+ the lens ( Z-Mount) availability is a problem for Nikon.. they are only limited options and they cost a lot too (40k+). You can use cheap Nikon F-mount lens with FTZ Adapter but the experience won’t be the same ( Issues with Auto-Focus n stuff ) and even this adapter costs 12k+
For mirrorless cameras, prefer Sony ( A6300/A6400/A6500/A6600 )
or Panasonic GH4/GH5

Sony is out of my budget laughing
Thanks for the detailed explaination.

Missing