Should I accept a fake product just because its a 225 rupee item?

82°
Cool
Xhaster

FK delivered a fake product, ordered at 225 Rupees, its a descaling Powder for washing machine's tub hygiene. It's flipkart plus assured by the way.

I raised multiple complaints, but they are not responding back to my emails and query inside FK app is automatically marked resolved.

I have fine experience with them in the past, but not feeling good this time. What should I do? I know this happens but still.
Also NOT saying they are fraud but this should be looked upon or should I accept the product as its only 225 valued.

I don't have enough time to fight for it, but its weeeeeeeeekend coming - I can get into one for 2 days.

Expiring In 29 days
Top Comments
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Xhaster wrote:

Principally: no.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Practically: One has to exercise one's own jurisprudence.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

I might let go if a known fruit/ vegetable seller sometimes gives something and it turns out with punctures in the aubergine (baingan for making bharta) or the papaya is squished a bit.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Big corporates, who themselves are anything but ethical, do not have much sympathies from me.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Neither do sellers, who I know or who I think are engaging in wilful fraud, misrepresentation.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏

Obviously if I ordered pet food or baby food and it was not up to the mark, stale or counterfeit.. no way am I feeding it to..

‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏
‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

As for the ratio analysis between 'value at stake' versus 'effort, time, money, other resources'.

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

That call is purely one's own. As in, how much one wants to let go.

I am usually not 'vengeful' even with big corporates, but that is just me.

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

As for the dumb systems and dumb manpower of Flipkart...

Incident  IDs (new tickets) can always be created by sending e-mails from within Flipkart tool/interface or by having a registered e-mail address on account

... and writing to their frontline address or their cs-head or grievance.officer e-mail addresses.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏

Be aware and beware that often the initial agent/s responding to even the escalation contacts... too are newbie L2 agents or just about L3 but not really aware of processes or the level of remedies which policy allows.

In such cases, one has to sense when the (escalation) agent too is nothing but a slightly more polished 'primary' agent only.

Often upgraded just to meet the rush during sale events.

‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

In such cases, if the issue is critical or big, they do heed to requests that the case be handled by their supervisor or that they let us speak with a team lead or manager.

Then possibly the so called senior can be explained the scenario.. with a humane request to reassign the case to a more experienced (escalation) associate.

Often the team leads or supervisors themselves raise the necessary internal e-mails, if they have the time.

Else they assign a more knowledgeable agent.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏

I have not shopped ANYthing on Flipkart in 25-27 months though and most of the above observations are dated or from the cases of close acquaintances (who shopped on Flipkart).

‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Unsure if it is really that bad, but on DesiDime forums itself I have read some experienced users of descalants opine, comment that almost all such (branded) products sold via such marketplace portals are counterfeit.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

In short, yes accept it. It might not even be fake product & just an inferior version produced solely for selling on ecomm sites by the company while good version gets sold only in their offline shops. Also, you don't want to get your acc come under scanner for a 225 rupees product when in future you genuinely need to return/replace a much more expensive product(say a malfunctioning laptop or tv). The same applies to amazon too.

12 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Critic Critic
Link Copied

In short, yes accept it. It might not even be fake product & just an inferior version produced solely for selling on ecomm sites by the company while good version gets sold only in their offline shops. Also, you don't want to get your acc come under scanner for a 225 rupees product when in future you genuinely need to return/replace a much more expensive product(say a malfunctioning laptop or tv). The same applies to amazon too.

Cool Cool
Link Copied
guest_999 wrote:

Hmm, logical. Thanks mate.
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
i read your username as Xhamster laughing
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
chipi wrote:
Critic Critic
Link Copied
chipi wrote:

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Is it from IFB?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Xhaster wrote:

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

I might let go if a known fruit/ vegetable seller sometimes gives something and it turns out with punctures in the aubergine (baingan for making bharta) or the papaya is squished a bit.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Big corporates, who themselves are anything but ethical, do not have much sympathies from me.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Neither do sellers, who I know or who I think are engaging in wilful fraud, misrepresentation.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏

Obviously if I ordered pet food or baby food and it was not up to the mark, stale or counterfeit.. no way am I feeding it to..

‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏
‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

As for the ratio analysis between 'value at stake' versus 'effort, time, money, other resources'.

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

Incident  IDs (new tickets) can always be created by sending e-mails from within Flipkart tool/interface or by having a registered e-mail address on account

... and writing to their frontline address or their cs-head or grievance.officer e-mail addresses.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏

Be aware and beware that often the initial agent/s responding to even the escalation contacts... too are newbie L2 agents or just about L3 but not really aware of processes or the level of remedies which policy allows.

In such cases, one has to sense when the (escalation) agent too is nothing but a slightly more polished 'primary' agent only.

‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

In such cases, if the issue is critical or big, they do heed to requests that the case be handled by their supervisor or that they let us speak with a team lead or manager.

Then possibly the so called senior can be explained the scenario.. with a humane request to reassign the case to a more experienced (escalation) associate.

Often the team leads or supervisors themselves raise the necessary internal e-mails, if they have the time.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏

I have not shopped ANYthing on Flipkart in 25-27 months though and most of the above observations are dated or from the cases of close acquaintances (who shopped on Flipkart).

‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Unsure if it is really that bad, but on DesiDime forums itself I have read some experienced users of descalants opine, comment that almost all such (branded) products sold via such marketplace portals are counterfeit.

Cool Cool
Link Copied
TempAcc wrote:

Is it from IFB?

No, Panasonic.
Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
formosa1 wrote:

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏

‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏
‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏

Be aware and beware that often the initial agent/s responding to even the escalation contacts... to are newbie L2 agents or just about L3 but not really aware of processes or the level of remedies which policy allows.

‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏

‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏

Yes, and just received a call from their customer support, after I mailed them cc'ing grievance officer.

They refunded the amount and I requested them to pass the feedback to the seller, for this fake product.

Also I think the counterfeit products relates to the location as well. Rural areas tend to get more fake or duplicates. Just my experience.

But rightly said. Thanks
replyuser
Click here to reply