Should I buy a car? Any offers @ Mumbai?

204°
Deal Cadet
105
759
44

Thinking if I should buy a car? Or should continue with OLA UBER?

May consider buying car if some good discount offer. (Don’t want loan offer)

Any offers @ Mumbai

Open to PM

Updates:

  1. Price range – Basic (around 6L)
  2. Daily distance: 50-100 km per week
  3. Would prefer Maruti/Hyundai due to servicing
  4. Looking for some year end deal or too good deal with discount like @goss8877 had shared years ago at https://www.desidime.com/deals/never-before-nis...
33 Comments  |  
20 Dimers
  • Sort By
6
418
3

Sir dd pe car ke liye offers toh nhi milegi…
Ek baar car le lo fir car ke liye covers aur accessories ke liye dhund lena sweat_smile stuck_out_tongue
Ps- just kidding

If going for second hand car koi known se hi lena who have used it personally and dont want it anymore or else maintenance charges
Will be stressful

2
1525
13

Consider wagon r.. Never version is spacious.. Cost effective… No maintenance tension.. Small size version good for city drive… Has a cng variant if u use car frequently

0
1630
9

Just search Ola or owning a car which is cheaper …

53
257
3

Buy a Nexon EV. Get solar in your house with or without govt subsidy.
Travel as much as you want without worrying about petrol and diesel rates.

50
272
2
bargainhunter wrote:

Any offers @ Mumbai

Open to PM

what does open to pm mean? (something like Netflix acc sharing?)

Not too good an idea to co-own a vehicle with random (non family) members.
Due to various risks, insurance hassles and ‘sea and rain’ issues.


Your first question can only be answered by you and your family (depending on need, finances, budget, space to keep the vehicle and whether you are there in the city for long or will need to shift. i do not know if Ola, Uber versus self owned is a correct comparison).

51
1034
7

How much KM are you planning to drive per month in city ? If it is less ..just continue using Uber/ola…they are still more economical…

51
1034
7
solarisx21 wrote:

Buy a Nexon EV. Get solar in your house with or without govt subsidy.
Travel as much as you want without worrying about petrol and diesel rates.

What about High cost of battery replacement after 3-5 years…😂

126
357
2
Expand
Sudarshan61 wrote:

What about High cost of battery replacement after 3-5 years…😂

There is battery warranty for 10 years or few lakh kilometers. Check the T&C, its the best selling ev in India. Only downside is actual range of 200km.

PS you get lot of perks on loan etc changes from state to state.

51
1034
7
Expand
Bimbasar wrote:

There is battery warranty for 10 years or few lakh kilometers. Check the T&C, its the best selling ev in India. Only downside is actual range of 200km.

PS you get lot of perks on loan etc changes from state to state.

What…10 years for Li Ion batteries…who is giving that .
Can you please provide the link

Irrespective of all this 10 year warranty and all.. performance of Li batteries degrade with each recharge cycle…(main reason why our phones don’t last full day after a year or so)…same will happen with EV cars.(range will get impacted based on battery age)

14
438
12

People have petrol cars now and indian govt is screwing people with High petrol rates. So now everyone wants to buy EV and once everyone has EV I trust this govt to screw us again with some absurd taxes or something for owning EV.
India may be only country in world then which penalizes you to own EV.
People will still say “Modi ji ne kiya hai to kuch soch ke hi kiya hoga”.
#Aachedin

51
1034
7
rak007 wrote:

People have petrol cars now and indian govt is screwing people with High petrol rates. So now everyone wants to buy EV and once everyone has EV I trust this govt to screw us again with some absurd taxes or something for owning EV.
India may be only country in world then which penalizes you to own EV.
People will still say “Modi ji ne kiya hai to kuch soch ke hi kiya hoga”.
#Aachedin

Country like India should penalize you for even owning a 4 wheeler. .(just like Singapore)

24
38867
591
popeyemask wrote:

Just search Ola or owning a car which is cheaper …

Would depend on various factors (usage, traffic conditions of city, availability of driver, etc.)

91
41456
658
Nationalist wrote:

You want Car offers on DD. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

JOKING sweat_smile

@Neelay wrote:
Sir dd pe car ke liye offers toh nhi milegi…
Ek baar car le lo fir car ke liye covers aur accessories ke liye dhund lena sweat_smile stuck_out_tongue
Ps- just kidding

If going for second hand car koi known se hi lena who have used it personally and dont want it anymore or else maintenance charges
Will be stressful


https://www.desidime.com/deals/never-before-nis...

51
1034
7
Expand
mas143forever wrote:

Why so?

less infra, dense population, huge burden on the existing infra and add to all that parking issues in most cities . Cities like Pune is now having more 2/3/4 wheelers combined than population..

67
9428
70

Buy Jaguar, Porsche or at least Harrier. Don’t settle for any else.

126
357
2
Expand
Sudarshan61 wrote:

What…10 years for Li Ion batteries…who is giving that .
Can you please provide the link

Irrespective of all this 10 year warranty and all.. performance of Li batteries degrade with each recharge cycle…(main reason why our phones don’t last full day after a year or so)…same will happen with EV cars.(range will get impacted based on battery age)

https://nexonev.tatamotor...m/

Sorry that was 8years or 1.5 l km.

53
257
3
Expand
Sudarshan61 wrote:

What…10 years for Li Ion batteries…who is giving that .
Can you please provide the link

Irrespective of all this 10 year warranty and all.. performance of Li batteries degrade with each recharge cycle…(main reason why our phones don’t last full day after a year or so)…same will happen with EV cars.(range will get impacted based on battery age)

LiFePO4 Lithium Phosphate batteries used in cars have a life of around 3000 cycles before they drop down to 80% capacity. That’s 10 years of life at 300 cycles a year. Let’s take the Nexon EV as an example, each cycle of charge gives you 200 Kms of travel. Users today are getting 250 Kms per charge, but let’s assume 200.

How many days in a year do you drive 200 kms ? 300 ? Hardly a few, so 99% of people won’t even complete 300 charge discharge cycles in a year.

Nexon EV has 8 year replacement warranty on its battery pack if capacity falls below 75%.

Tesla already has batteries today that can do 1,000,000 miles. In 5 years, let alone 10, lithium batteries will cos 1/10th to 1/25th of what they cost today.

EVs are much more economical than ICE cars.

53
257
3
bargainhunter wrote:

Updates:

  1. Price range – Basic (around 6L)
  2. Daily distance: 50-100 km per week
  3. Would prefer Maruti/Hyundai due to servicing
  4. Looking for some year end deal or too good deal with discount like @goss8877 had shared years ago at https://www.desidime.com/deals/never-before-nis...

Here you go -
https://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.php?option=...

126
357
2
bargainhunter wrote:

Updates:

  1. Price range – Basic (around 6L)
  2. Daily distance: 50-100 km per week
  3. Would prefer Maruti/Hyundai due to servicing
  4. Looking for some year end deal or too good deal with discount like @goss8877 had shared years ago at https://www.desidime.com/deals/never-before-nis...

1. Go for Hyundai i10 nios and book it before new year and take a bill + delivery in new year (extra discount year end discount + new year model)

2. Can search for older i20 as they were clearing sticks @ 6l earlier.

3. But if you want more mileage, less comfort then Maruti but showroom maintenence cost is almost same.

4. Known second hand vehicle.

Missing