Poll: Should We have a lockdown Every year?
Poll has expired, here are the final results

Should We Have a Universal 1-month or Week Lockdown Every Year?

253°
Deal Major
11,890
17461
65
  • There is certainly no doubt in anyone’s mind that our recent COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a heavy universal dose of misery and death.
  • But recently at a Zoom meeting, the participants were challenged to come up with 1 positive effect that resulted in their lives from the enforced lockdown.
  • A variety of responses were given such as having dinner every night with the family and the clearing of polluted air in big cities.


It seems to us that such a commemoration should not be a simple holiday; instead, it should take the form of an annual exercise.
Possibly,* the lockdown week of remembrance could be held the week after New Year’s day*, which marks the end of a month-long period of massive social movement and exposure to new vectors.

I would be happy to hear from DIMERS concerning this unusual idea in comments stuck_out_tongue

11 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
1,366
6391
72
Admin

INDIANSlaughing

24
38819
592

Yes, this lockdown was a golden period toungueout
No shit parties, no physical classes, no cabs, just me smile

94
8948
52

The pollution will double/quadruple on remaining days on celebrating how we are making less pollution
Check food consumption before and after jain paryushans or meat consumption before and after navratras for example

50
1874
9
bobby_123 wrote:
  • There is certainly no doubt in anyone’s mind that our recent COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a heavy universal dose of misery and death.
  • But recently at a Zoom meeting, the participants were challenged to come up with 1 positive effect that resulted in their lives from the enforced lockdown.
  • A variety of responses were given such as having dinner every night with the family and the clearing of polluted air in big cities.


It seems to us that such a commemoration should not be a simple holiday; instead, it should take the form of an annual exercise.
Possibly,* the lockdown week of remembrance could be held the week after New Year’s day*, which marks the end of a month-long period of massive social movement and exposure to new vectors.

I would be happy to hear from DIMERS concerning this unusual idea in comments stuck_out_tongue

during or maybe just around end of lockdown one, when there was some relaxtion in certain areas
i had gone out for some essentials.

till then all this carnage or loss of jobs had not happened.
but at some shop or grocers, someobe remarked that such things (lockdowns) should keep happening every 18-24 months.
to give everyone some chance to psuse.

almost everyone within earshot gave a look or rolled their eyes, at that person.
but i agreed fully, with the sentiment.

0
802
8

people cares climate only on facebook/whatsapp etc digital plateform.

11,890
17461
65
Par_ wrote:

people cares climate only on facebook/whatsapp etc digital plateform.

cry cry
24
38819
592
Expand
SastaRaju wrote:

Content has been removed!

Abhi Sirf dekhne ki umar chal rahi hai toungueout

50
1874
9
Expand
aadimaanav wrote:

almost everyone within earshot gave a look or rolled their eyes, at that person.
but i agreed fully, with the sentiment.

…because that person was me😶

Missing