Hot Deal

Someone sent me 16000 by mistake!

841°
Tech Guru
Original

how can i refund him back?
he sent to amazon UPI address yesterday, i only checked today.

First transaction – 16000 credited
Second txn – a request asking for money
Third txn – Re.1, I could not see note or message, i think Amazon app don’t have this functionality confused

(all three transactions are from different addresses)

Is there any way i can trace the sender UPI?

64 Comments  |  
31 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Go to your bank account’s statement (which is linked with Amazon UPI), and there you can see the complete UPI Id that has sent you that money.

P.S: Also, hold on, don’t return it back immediately; there’s a possibility of you falling into a upi chargeback fraud scenario. Will explain you with some articles reference in sometime.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

As Amazon UPI has your phone number, expect a call from the sender soon

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Aap to saint hein… smile … Aap buss chup chap apni dhooni ramao aur dhyan karo… wink toungueout

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied
BlueFlash wrote:

P.S: Also, hond on, don’t return it back immediately; there’s a possibility of you falling into a upi chargeback fraud scenario. Will explain you with some articles reference in sometime.

yes i read here on Desidime rolleyes

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
Original wrote:

i think he sent me to my name address – [email protected] confused

Less likely, check once
The primary Apay UPI ID (w/ mobile number ) remains active even after you create a secondary ID
& most of these send money errors are linked to mobile numbers

Crowdpuller Crowdpuller
Link Copied

not send at all

same happened with me
I sent back, and faced trouble

they placed charged back from bank
and bank blocked my money (i already sent him back)

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

Less likely, check once
The primary Apay UPI ID (w/ mobile number ) remains active even after you create a secondary ID
& most of these send money errors are linked to mobile numbers

my Amazon UPI address have one widely used common name with just four alphabets.
Ka**@apl, so most likely they sent me to this address…

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied
gauravnandwanii wrote:

not send at all

same happened with me
I sent back, and faced trouble

they placed charged back from bank
and bank blocked my money (i already sent him back)

thanks for letting me know about this fraud,
but is there any reliable way to return his money? or i should wait for bank call?

Crowdpuller Crowdpuller
Link Copied
Expand
Original wrote:

but is there any reliable way to return his money? or i should wait for bank call?

i think wait for charge back time limit over.

don’t know max time period allowed to place a charge back.

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
Expand
Original wrote:

Wait.. wait.. and wait.

At max, you can contact your bank if you do not receive any call within a week.

DO NOT INITIATE ANYTHING ON YOUR OWN. Take bank as intermediate party to save yourself from any possible frauds. 

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Kal mere sath bhi aisa hua. Bro tum bahut imandar ho warna baki koi aur hota to rakh leta. Dm kiya hu Upi

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I have sent 7k to wrong paytm account(wallet transfer). Now when i am asking paytm to refund, they want confirmation from the recipient party. What shall I do?

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
vishala4 wrote:

I have sent 7k to wrong paytm account(wallet transfer). Now when i am asking paytm to refund, they want confirmation from the recipient party. What shall I do?

Didn’t you contact the recipient by any chance?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

I Received 1 Rs Daily ( To my Amazon Pay UPI when Send money offer was going on) ..
Maine to refund nhi kiya 🤣

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
Expand
Original wrote:

This is not a fraud.

Sender file a UPI chargeback for wrong money transfer.

Its your fault, If you return the money to the sender without contacting your bank.

You need to wait few days or week, you will soon receive a call from your bank.

@gauravnandwanii
@BlueFlash

Pro Blogger Pro Blogger
Link Copied
Expand
deb3l wrote:

Wait.. wait.. and wait.

At max, you can contact your bank if you do not receive any call within a week.

DO NOT INITIATE ANYTHING ON YOUR OWN. Take bank as intermediate party to save yourself from any possible frauds. 

Chalo life me paheli bar tumne kuch akal ki baat kiya. stuck_out_tongue

Link Copied
BlueFlash wrote:

Go to your bank account’s statement (which is linked with Amazon UPI), and there you can see the complete UPI Id that has sent you that money.

P.S: Also, hold on, don’t return it back immediately; there’s a possibility of you falling into a upi chargeback fraud scenario. Will explain you with some articles reference in sometime.

Intresting

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

This is not a fraud.

Sender file a UPI chargeback for wrong money transfer.

Its your fault, If you return the money to the sender without contacting your bank.

You need to wait few days or week, you will soon receive a call from your bank.

@gauravnandwanii
@BlueFlash

Can’t we take support that we have transferred to sender and show the bank when we are contacted? Why they would ban our account? Could you please add more details?

Admin Admin
Admin
Link Copied
Expand
abhishek012 wrote:

Chalo life me paheli bar tumne kuch akal ki baat kiya. stuck_out_tongue

It has been clearly warned multiple time to not pass personal comments. Such behaviors wont be tolerated and will face direct suspension

Anyone else trying should refrain themselves or would face similar action.

Be civilised and be good dont just loose it over here

Critic Critic
Link Copied
BlueFlash wrote:

Not possible in all banks especially psu banks.

Update: @BlueFlash I checked in sbi & it seems the statement shows at max 10 characters of upi id before @ symbol so if upi id is longer than that then it won’t be visible completely. Cousin’s Canara bank acc statement mask the first few characters of upi id for credit entries. I believe only Paytm bank has the best record in displaying all the details of any upi txn in any situation(debit or credit).

Link Copied

@Original

(all three transactions are from different addresses)

Whatever it is, make sure that the 16K belongs to the same person whom you are returning it to, from who’s account it originated from.

You need to be careful with this, or else you might unknowingly end up in the wrong side of the law.

Link Copied
Expand
jaybro wrote:

Can’t we take support that we have transferred to sender and show the bank when we are contacted? Why they would ban our account? Could you please add more details?

same question @guest_999

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

It was me. Plz return to my upi id. [email protected]
Thrust me. I won’t charge back or harrass you after money is received. I will even block you for your satisfaction.

As many have mentioned not to initiate anything from your own side. Got to know these chargeback things now. Wait for the senders message,call.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Never ever send him back.They will later file chargeback request and you will lose the transferred amount.Some fraudster also tried to trick me in the same way a year ago.Inform your bank immediately.

Link Copied
Expand
MJ911 wrote:

It has been clearly warned multiple time to not pass personal comments. Such behaviors wont be tolerated and will face direct suspension

Anyone else trying should refrain themselves or would face similar action.

Be civilised and be good dont just loose it over here

Is @abhishek012 permanently suspended or temporary?
Wanted to ask some bank related queries from him.
@MJ911

Missing