Hot Deal

Someone sent me 16000 by mistake!

1340°
Pro Tech Guru
Original
how can i refund him back? he sent to amazon UPI address yesterday, i only checked today. First transaction - 16000 credited Second txn - a request asking for money Third txn - Re.1, I could not see note or message, i think Amazon app don't have this functionality confused (all three transactions are from different addresses) Is there any way i can trace the sender UPI?
95 Comments  |  
39 Dimers
  • Sort By
Critic Critic
Link Copied

Go to your bank account’s statement (which is linked with Amazon UPI), and there you can see the complete UPI Id that has sent you that money.

P.S: Also, hold on, don’t return it back immediately; there’s a possibility of you falling into a upi chargeback fraud scenario. Will explain you with some articles reference in sometime.

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

yes i read here on Desidime rolleyes

View 2 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Wait for call 😇

Link Copied

i think he sent me to my name address – myname@apl confused

View 3 more replies
Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

As Amazon UPI has your phone number, expect a call from the sender soon

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Aap to saint hein… smile … Aap buss chup chap apni dhooni ramao aur dhyan karo… wink toungueout

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied

not send at all

same happened with me
I sent back, and faced trouble

they placed charged back from bank
and bank blocked my money (i already sent him back)

Link Copied

thanks for letting me know about this fraud,
but is there any reliable way to return his money? or i should wait for bank call?

View 23 more replies
Super Stud Super Stud
Link Copied

Kal mere sath bhi aisa hua. Bro tum bahut imandar ho warna baki koi aur hota to rakh leta. Dm kiya hu Upi

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I have sent 7k to wrong paytm account(wallet transfer). Now when i am asking paytm to refund, they want confirmation from the recipient party. What shall I do?

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Didn’t you contact the recipient by any chance?

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

I Received 1 Rs Daily ( To my Amazon Pay UPI when Send money offer was going on) ..
Maine to refund nhi kiya 🤣

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

ye paap hai smile

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

@Original

(all three transactions are from different addresses)

Whatever it is, make sure that the 16K belongs to the same person whom you are returning it to, from who’s account it originated from.

You need to be careful with this, or else you might unknowingly end up in the wrong side of the law.

Link Copied

It was me. Plz return to my upi id. Original@apl
Thrust me. I won’t charge back or harrass you after money is received. I will even block you for your satisfaction.

As many have mentioned not to initiate anything from your own side. Got to know these chargeback things now. Wait for the senders message,call.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Never ever send him back.They will later file chargeback request and you will lose the transferred amount.Some fraudster also tried to trick me in the same way a year ago.Inform your bank immediately.

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Contact bank. Explain the situation. Check for UPI ID in bank statement. 🙂 If I were you, I would have contacted the user. I would have refunded the money. Mutual trust is a very simple thing. Frauds happen. For some 18k is a pocket change, for some 18k means a lot. I always think of people belonging to the latter category.

Pro Critic Pro Critic
Link Copied

Isme itna tension ki kya baat hai 16k aayi hin hai na gaya thode hai, mast aarm se raho 🤑 laughing

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

If charge back  can be done easily.. Then won’t ppl file chargesback after buying goods from a shop?

Also if the sender files a charge back then op cna also file chargesback for d money he returned?

Link Copied

Yeah, Dimers chargeback word ko halke mein le rahe hain. smile

View 4 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@Original
Atleast let the person who has sent you the money know that his money will
be returned but correct procedure has to be followed.He will get peace of mind !!

Link Copied

Thanks everyone for your timely suggestions grinning

One good news, received message today stating 16,000 is put on hold.
Sender must have raised request on time,
I a just waiting for final call from bank, lets hope sender receives his money on time grinning

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Obviously It was 16000 not 16 Rs. smile

After deduction, summarize here whole thing , bank process etc. Might be helpful for others in future

View 3 more replies
Generous Generous
Link Copied

Someone please create a standalone thread for this chargeback thing.
I m very curious

Link Copied

I’m also curious to know how this exactly works?

View 3 more replies
Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

Now all payment apps showing charge back option after payment. So it is difficult to accept confidently upi payment now.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Which payment apps ?

View 2 more replies
Generous Generous
Link Copied

I sent you by mistake pensive

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Give me back plZ

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

What will happen if someone sent money by mistake like this and I immediately withdraw the money and close my bank account how will they chargeback?

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Police will come n recover the money. 🙂

View 20 more replies
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

My father also sent 20k by mistake to someone. He was making IMPS transfer and he entered one number wrong in account number. Luckily for him this person is from the same city and my father even visited his shop. He is a reputed business man. After filing complaint with bank and waiting for 2+ months our 20k was refunded. Since then he has learnt lesson to not transfer more than 100 in first go when sending money to new benefactor

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Always send 1₹ to authenticate the destination. That’s the standard practice.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Jab fraudsters Upi se lakhon uda le jaate hain.
Tab toh kisi ko yeh chargeback ka nek khayal nahin aata.
Tab toh insaan ko within seconds pata hota hai ki uske saath fraud hogaya hai. tab kyun fraudster ka account transaction hold nahin hota. Kabhi suna hai ??
Jab Flipkart Amazon Seller galat Product send karte hain.
Tab bhi kisi ko yeh chargeback ka nek khayal nahin aata.
Jab restaurant mein kisi ko true value or services nahin milti
Jab international flights cancel ho jaati hai and your money is stucked with no reply no response.

replyuser
Click here to reply