Hot Deal

Someone sent me 16000 by mistake!

1082°
Tech Guru
Original

how can i refund him back?
he sent to amazon UPI address yesterday, i only checked today.

First transaction – 16000 credited
Second txn – a request asking for money
Third txn – Re.1, I could not see note or message, i think Amazon app don’t have this functionality confused

(all three transactions are from different addresses)

Is there any way i can trace the sender UPI?

90 Comments  |  
38 Dimers
  • Sort By
Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Contact bank. Explain the situation. Check for UPI ID in bank statement. 🙂 If I were you, I would have contacted the user. I would have refunded the money. Mutual trust is a very simple thing. Frauds happen. For some 18k is a pocket change, for some 18k means a lot. I always think of people belonging to the latter category.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
deb3l wrote:

Wait.. wait.. and wait.

At max, you can contact your bank if you do not receive any call within a week.

DO NOT INITIATE ANYTHING ON YOUR OWN. Take bank as intermediate party to save yourself from any possible frauds. 

Fraud things are troubling.
1 question. If one returns the money and the other party raises a chargeback request after getting the refund then what happens? As per information in the thread the bank will block the money. But if the payee shows required docs supporting one’s claim regarding the refund shall the bank lift the blocking action?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

1 question. If one returns the money and the other party raises a chargeback request after getting the refund then what happens? As per information in the thread the bank will block the money. But if the payee shows required docs supporting one’s claim regarding the refund shall the bank lift the blocking action?

Sure, they might… but YOU will have to go through all those trouble and we all know how swift those banks work… So much for being a good samaritan pensive

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

Isme itna tension ki kya baat hai 16k aayi hin hai na gaya thode hai, mast aarm se raho 🤑 laughing

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

Can’t we take support that we have transferred to sender and show the bank when we are contacted? Why they would ban our account? Could you please add more details?

same question @guest_999

Any money transferred to your account by mistake is a liability on your bank also because if the chargeback request is filed then your bank will have to pay back that amount & it will deduct that amount from your account so if you have already transferred the money then bank will have to pay from its own pocket & as a result your acc will be penalised/banned for causing loss to bank. Your proof of sending the money back is irrelevant to your bank as in that case you need to contact the bank of the sender through which chargeback request was filed to prove that sender has already gotten his money so sender’s bank will cancel/refund the chargeback amount to your bank.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
BlueFlash wrote:

Sure, they might… but YOU will have to go through all those trouble and we all know how swift those banks work… So much for being a good samaritan pensive

Good things need hard work. 🙂🙂🙂

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
sauravDD wrote:

I Received 1 Rs Daily ( To my Amazon Pay UPI when Send money offer was going on) ..
Maine to refund nhi kiya 🤣

ye paap hai smile

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

In this case it will not be just your bank but also the sender’s bank through which chargeback request was filed need to be involved & only after both banks agree & sort out the issue that you will get your money back.
@BlueFlash

Link Copied

If charge back  can be done easily.. Then won’t ppl file chargesback after buying goods from a shop?

Also if the sender files a charge back then op cna also file chargesback for d money he returned?

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
24karat wrote:

If charge back  can be done easily.. Then won’t ppl file chargesback after buying goods from a shop?

Also if the sender files a charge back then op cna also file chargesback for d money he returned?

Yeah, Dimers chargeback word ko halke mein le rahe hain. smile

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@Original
Atleast let the person who has sent you the money know that his money will
be returned but correct procedure has to be followed.He will get peace of mind !!

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
deb3l wrote:

Wait.. wait.. and wait.

At max, you can contact your bank if you do not receive any call within a week.

DO NOT INITIATE ANYTHING ON YOUR OWN. Take bank as intermediate party to save yourself from any possible frauds. 

And what to do with a wrong recharge? 5 days back, someone recharged my no. with 199/- pack by mistake. And, no one contacted me for the rectification.
Interestingly, my no.‘s validity was to end on the same day… ’https://cdn0.desidime.com/emojis/medium/j...ng’ class=‘e-moji’ alt=‘joy’ border=‘0’/>

Link Copied
Expand
UniqueDimer wrote:

And what to do with a wrong recharge? 5 days back, someone recharged my no. with 199/- pack by mistake. And, no one contacted me for the rectification.
Interestingly, my no.‘s validity was to end on the same day… ’https://cdn3.desidime.com/emojis/medium/j...ng’ class=‘e-moji’ alt=‘joy’ border=‘0’/>

Bhai hamara bhi recharge karwado 199 wala. smile laughing

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
UniqueDimer wrote:

Interestingly, my no.‘s validity was to end on the same day… ’https://cdn2.desidime.com/emojis/medium/j...ng’ class=‘e-moji’ alt=‘joy’ border=‘0’/>

Nothing can be done
You will have to enjoy the free recharge sadly wink

Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied
Expand
UniqueDimer wrote:

Interestingly, my no.‘s validity was to end on the same day… ’https://cdn1.desidime.com/emojis/medium/j...ng’ class=‘e-moji’ alt=‘joy’ border=‘0’/>

Could be by Vodafone itself

Link Copied
Expand
avgn wrote:

Could be by Vodafone itself

Why will Vodafone recharge other TSP Subscriber’s number?? flushed

Link Copied
Expand
sauravDD wrote:

Content has been removed!

Let me try to bring the topic back from diversion.
@Original bro, as you mentioned in the post description that ‘all the three transactions are from different addresses’. It’s a very important thing that you noticed it. So, here you have evaded the trap.
Rest, others have given you the tips for the ChargeBack thing & taking your bank into consideration.
If ever the need be for you to transfer back, always remember to return back to the SOURCE (Same ID/account from where it came).

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Thanks everyone for your timely suggestions grinning

One good news, received message today stating 16,000 is put on hold.
Sender must have raised request on time,
I a just waiting for final call from bank, lets hope sender receives his money on time grinning

Link Copied
Original wrote:

Thanks everyone for your timely suggestions grinning

One good news, received message today stating 16,000 is put on hold.
Sender must have raised request on time,
I a just waiting for final call from bank, lets hope sender receives his money on time grinning

Obviously It was 16000 not 16 Rs. smile

After deduction, summarize here whole thing , bank process etc. Might be helpful for others in future

Link Copied
Expand
bohemian wrote:

Obviously It was 16000 not 16 Rs. smile

After deduction, summarize here whole thing , bank process etc. Might be helpful for others in future

+1

Link Copied
24karat wrote:

Yes it is possible. That is why you will notice shops / supermarkets that accepts large amounts through CC’s & UPI’s are always careful to maintain sale records for each transaction and also have a camera recorder at the counter that makes the recording available for like 30 days ( time limit within which the chargeback request can be filed ).

If a chargeback request gets falsely filed by the transacting customer, the shopkeeper will submit a copy of the invoice and the camera recoding of the customer making the transaction and the claim will be decided in favor of the shopkeeper.

Shops that do the transaction totaling on calculator and accepts CC’s & UPI"s for the same will have no proof when a chargeback claim comes through and they will have to return the money.

Link Copied
Expand
teriab33 wrote:

Yes it is possible. That is why you will notice shops / supermarkets that accepts large amounts through CC’s & UPI’s are always careful to maintain sale records for each transaction and also have a camera recorder at the counter that makes the recording available for like 30 days ( time limit within which the chargeback request can be filed ).

If a chargeback request gets falsely filed by the transacting customer, the shopkeeper will submit a copy of the invoice and the camera recoding of the customer making the transaction and the claim will be decided in favor of the shopkeeper.

Shops that do the transaction totaling on calculator and accepts CC’s & UPI"s for the same will have no proof when a chargeback claim comes through and they will have to return the money.

How is d shopkeeper informed abt chargesback?

Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied

Someone please create a standalone thread for this chargeback thing.
I m very curious

Link Copied

Now all payment apps showing charge back option after payment. So it is difficult to accept confidently upi payment now.

Link Copied
anantnitish wrote:

Someone please create a standalone thread for this chargeback thing.
I m very curious

I’m also curious to know how this exactly works?

Post Emperor Post Emperor
Link Copied
Bk100 wrote:

Now all payment apps showing charge back option after payment. So it is difficult to accept confidently upi payment now.

Which payment apps ?

Link Copied
Bk100 wrote:

Yes that right few days back i had seen one thread on dd someone raised chargeback for rs 10 and paytm had blocked their account ( He received payment for some coupoun traded on dd itself)

Missing