stamp duty payment with credit card

19°
Deal Subedar
50
1752
5

Dear Fellow Dimers,

I plan to buy small floor in Delhi and wish to make the payment of stamp duty and registration fee with credit card.
Pls advice if we can pay with credit card and what are the pro/cons of paying with credit card.

Thanks

6 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
  • Sort By
59
904
9

You can pay stamp duty and registration charges by credit card as the stamp duty and other charges are paid online (There is a provision of paying the same online instead of payment by draft ) before the execution of agreement by way of E stamping.

There might be transaction charges and fees charged by the bank/site for using credit card. Read their TnC before proceeding.

Payment by CC is useful only if your CC Reward rate is more than fees charged by site on use of CC and u can effectively use the reward points

74
207
4

I feel its good to pay via neft since its an official transaction which has income tax implication in long run. So better to pay via neft

50
1752
5
kkrulesdnation wrote:

I feel its good to pay via neft since its an official transaction which has income tax implication in long run. So better to pay via neft

The seniors are also suggesting the same. smile
but, as stamp duty is paid online and credit card option available, it should be fine as well.
will check with CA and update.

26
1849
29
Expand
Loveall wrote:

The seniors are also suggesting the same. smile
but, as stamp duty is paid online and credit card option available, it should be fine as well.
will check with CA and update.

Update the post once you find a solution, would be good to know smile

50
1752
5
Expand
Loveall wrote:

The seniors are also suggesting the same. smile
but, as stamp duty is paid online and credit card option available, it should be fine as well.
will check with CA and update.

Checked with CA, he saying make the payment by any mode is fine. Will check the credit card charges  to decide.

50
1752
5
Expand
dummyuser wrote:

Update the post once you find a solution, would be good to know smile

have shared the update blush, will check for the credit card charges to decide. If it’s 1%, shoud be fine.

Missing