Hot Deal

Stay away from Slice / sliceit / slicepay

1353°
  • 10784
  • 104
  • Last Comment
  • Reasons

    Vote down Reasons

    • Self Promotion : 2
    • Other reasons : 1
The PostMighty
kartikxxx

This post is not to build any mindset or prove anything. It is just for info and awareness.

My experience was not very pleasant with slice and m still fighting with them, some of you are aware of it.
This company is operating like some Chinese loan app(if u have read news sometime ago, how unethically they were doing business).

Today, some one tagged me on twitter and here are its tweets.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/708508/medium/Screenshot_2021-08-30-05-25-43-023_com.twitter.android.jpg?1630281455https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/708510/medium/Screenshot_2021-08-30-05-25-33-585_com.twitter.android.jpg?1630281496https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/708509/medium/Screenshot_2021-08-30-05-25-36-881_com.twitter.android.jpg?1630281481
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/708512/medium/Screenshot_2021-08-30-05-25-29-105_com.twitter.android.jpg?1630281530https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/708511/medium/Screenshot_2021-08-30-05-25-19-359_com.twitter.android.jpg?1630281511
As per his tweets, he failed to pay his slice emis and now slice is misusing his contact info and abusing them like what those fake Chinese loan lending apps did.

I can relate here too, they use foul language, shit messages and other ways as well to torture you.

so, be extra cautious before giving permissions and real all TnC (usually we dont) before giving your consent. Some apps are just giving baits ,dont fall for it. They are not worth your time.

Stay safe and take care.




103 Comments  |  
39 Dimers
  • Sort By
The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied
MrKool_JJ wrote:

OMG o.O
But ideally if money isn’t paid back then they can take strict action on the user o.O

As in, cibil impact or bad calls, what else can they do?

Critic Critic
Link Copied
kukdookoo wrote:

are these chinese apps registered with rbi? if not then can they touch credit score? @guest_999
few months back someone known to my friend took loan of 5000 by installing app in his 2nd phone.just 5 contacts were in that phone with fake numbers. and after receiving same he broke the sim. i do not support this action but ese tejasvi log bhi ha es desh me.

Just a guess that these apps probably transfer/resell bad loans to some other party who is a proper financial entity registered with rbi which then send default payment status to cibil but not sure.

And that person never faced any issue for not repaying that 5k loan?

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied
botlike wrote:

What else they can do if the borrower didn’t pay back for 3months..
It must be an unsecured loan so they will do all this.
Even after all this if borrower doesn’t repay they also can’t do anything.
🤣🤣

Is that true . So, I will take loan and will not pay . Tell me process if this is easy

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Just a guess that these apps probably transfer/resell bad loans to some other party who is a proper financial entity registered with rbi which then send default payment status to cibil but not sure.

And that person never faced any issue for not repaying that 5k loan?

Just a guess that these apps probably transfer/resell bad loans to some other party who is a proper financial entity registered with rbi which then send default payment status to cibil but not sure.
abcd is a registered financial nbfc with rbi.why will it buy a bad loan from some ching pang chong chinese app?

And that person never faced any issue for not repaying that 5k loan?
no sirg.he encouraged my friend to do so too. i stopped him by telling that it is not good to give personal details to anyone and it is not right

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

As in, cibil impact or bad calls, what else can they do?

Cibil is for sure then i don’t know about the calling part.
One will have to read all tnc which are mentioned in * for Slice cry

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Brother, with god’s grace, i still have job, and these screenshots are from some twitter user, he tagged me coz i was also tweeting about slice.

I never default any dues (hopefully never will).
My case is bit different, fraud happened with me on slice and the fraudsters converts that spend into emis , unfortunately i have to clear those dues as well but slice has no feature to close this (foreclosure) as i dont want to pay extra (45%) interest and wanted to close this in one shot. Since they are working on this foreclosure feature (asper their verbal communication, never gave in written) they told me to wait but they are keep on imposing late fee penalties and sending me whatsapp message (email, message, app notification ls are normal) and calling me (not rudely till now) to harrass me from their recovery department (which is not at all aware of my case or have any authority to access my ticket).

Lender will surely take steps to recover their money, but there has to be some rules, they cant do public shame or call any xyz from ur contact list. Also, they dont even have basic foreclosure option then what kind of lending ethics they are following, what are their intentions. They are not at all secure (no transaction confirmation, no device registration or mac binding, just to name a few)

I’m extremely sorry brother.

I remember your case completely (you shared OTP by mistake); somehow I don’t know what happened after reading the screenshots I possibly mixed up the two wink

I’m correcting it right away

Nonetheless, the point as you rightly said is that they don’t have the right to call anyone from out contact list and abuse them. There are other similar apps (Uni Cards, Ola Postpaid, other paylater apps) which also provide similar kind of services but don’t do the same.

After you had made that earlier thread, I gave no second thoughts and uninstalled slice right away and will never use it.

As I already mentioned yes cashback offers are great but they are not permanent and not worth considering we are giving them everything

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

As in, cibil impact or bad calls, what else can they do?

Nothing maximum these 2 they will do (Yes it affects CIBIL however the most uncomfortable part is the calling up contacts)

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

Just a guess that these apps probably transfer/resell bad loans to some other party who is a proper financial entity registered with rbi which then send default payment status to cibil but not sure.
abcd is a registered financial nbfc with rbi.why will it buy a bad loan from some ching pang chong chinese app?

And that person never faced any issue for not repaying that 5k loan?
no sirg.he encouraged my friend to do so too. i stopped him by telling that it is not good to give personal details to anyone and it is not right

Jugaad I guess of some form.

I guess he got lucky but if it was some Indian connection loan app then by now he would have received at least a few abusive calls.

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
Gaurav_G wrote:

I’m extremely sorry brother.

I remember your case completely (you shared OTP by mistake); somehow I don’t know what happened after reading the screenshots I possibly mixed up the two wink

I’m correcting it right away

Nonetheless, the point as you rightly said is that they don’t have the right to call anyone from out contact list and abuse them. There are other similar apps (Uni Cards, Ola Postpaid, other paylater apps) which also provide similar kind of services but don’t do the same.

After you had made that earlier thread, I gave no second thoughts and uninstalled slice right away and will never use it.

As I already mentioned yes cashback offers are great but they are not permanent and not worth considering we are giving them everything

@kartikxxx did u give contacts permission to this app?

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
Ash-D wrote:

Ameero ki scheme haath lag hi gayi 🤣🤣

Jor jor se bata do sabko scheme stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Ash-D wrote:

Why people install such apps in their primary account/space.
Can’t we install them in second space/island and give permissions hence not giving our contact’s??

Milega hi nahin slicepay then

Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied
Expand
Fanil wrote:

Milega hi nahin slicepay then

Not true.
Some have gotten it without any permissions (probably based on Credit score)

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
M.MAHI wrote:

My SLICE app is installed in 2nd space. joy_cat
No contacts to capture or call them even if I miss any loan EMI or Card bill. ( Though I usually don’t miss or have any loan).

If anyone is not paying then banks or such apps will do something to recover their money ? Right I guess.

Check this bro.
@Fanil

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Sue GaragePreneurs Internet Pvt Ltd. for Rs.1,000,000/-

let the Cyber Crime Cell investigate whether it is hacked or users referred their number for the loan guarantee!

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Jugaad I guess of some form.

I guess he got lucky but if it was some Indian connection loan app then by now he would have received at least a few abusive calls.

sim hi tod diya to kya kar lenge

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

sim hi tod diya to kya kar lenge

Breaking sim does not mean you can’t be traced, it just means that it will need more efforts & time so not worth it for small loan amount.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Breaking sim does not mean you can’t be traced, it just means that it will need more efforts & time so not worth it for small loan amount.

fake loan apps cant do that sirg. on what basis they will complain?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@MrKool_JJ is such sort of risks applicable in case of getsimpl.com ?
any dirty tricks simpl payments they apply to get us trapped?

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
tenga wrote:

@MrKool_JJ is such sort of risks applicable in case of getsimpl.com ?
any dirty tricks simpl payments they apply to get us trapped?

I don’t think i’ve have simpl but the main thing is if you use your card and pay the dues on time no bank can harass/spam you for paying your bills which is quite obvious smile

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
MrKool_JJ wrote:

I don’t think i’ve have simpl but the main thing is if you use your card and pay the dues on time no bank can harass/spam you for paying your bills which is quite obvious smile

should i apply for icici apay?

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

fake loan apps cant do that sirg. on what basis they will complain?

They have their own means.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
tenga wrote:

should i apply for icici apay?

Question is, why would you apply for such “pretend credit card” apps in the first place if you can get any regular credit card. If discount is your main criterion then axis flipkart & sbi simplyclick both almost guaranteed available against 20k FD.

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
Expand
tenga wrote:

should i apply for icici apay?

If you feel that apay is useful for you go ahead and apply for it smile

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Question is, why would you apply for such “pretend credit card” apps in the first place if you can get any regular credit card. If discount is your main criterion then axis flipkart & sbi simplyclick both almost guaranteed available against 20k FD.

why apay icici is pretend?

The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied
Expand
raman12 wrote:

@kartikxxx did u give contacts permission to this app?

I dont remember actually, so far no contact confirmed that they have received any call for me.

The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied
Ash-D wrote:

Why people install such apps in their primary account/space.
Can’t we install them in second space/island and give permissions hence not giving our contact’s??

I think, If u wont give any permission, than they wont approve your card.

The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

sim hi tod diya to kya kar lenge

But in the name of kyc ,they took ur pan and adhar along with your selfie in the first place. They have your address details which is linked with your bank .

The PostMighty The PostMighty
Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

they cannot impact cibil

Are you sure about this, as they quote that cibil will improve if one use slice card and degrades if someone fails to clear dues in time.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Consider lender point of view also, I had given a 10k loan to a person working in dell (in 2018) via faircent , I am still waiting for my money. Warrant was issued against him but he is still not returning my money.
Recovery laws are very poor so social pressure is only way to recover money

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply