Hot Deal

Stocks / Mutual Funds etc. for long term - Let's make list

490°
Analyst
xuseronline

First of all, I would like to thanks to our own DD’s Market Experts @marketdimer , @bikidas2060 , @malikcool , @BubbleBoyChickenLittle and all others ( sorry if I forgot the mention the names for this thread –
https://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/... . It is quite informative and there are several lessons to learn from smile

As you know that market is in downtrend at present it does present some good opportunity to buy / invest for long term. Present / coming time would be good for long term portfolio creation. So I would love if our experts suggest how to make best out of this opportunity. How to invest, which stock to be considered for long term, Mutual funds, ETFs, Index funds etc. etc. ?

As above thread has become too big, I am thought that it would be better to create a new thread specially for investments. This will be like quick guide grab the opportunity.

I hope you like the idea and participate smile

34 Comments  |  
19 Dimers
  • Sort By
Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

@Roushh @getready I know you guys are strictly against these kind of things as investors tend to get biased after getting some info from trusted people. But I ll request you to share your insights too. 🙂🙂🙂

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied
bikidas2060 wrote:

@Roushh @getready I know you guys are strictly against these kind of things as investors tend to get biased after getting some info from trusted people. But I ll request you to share your insights too. 🙂🙂🙂

I am not into investing
Infact i have zero knowledge about Stock market/Demat+Trading accounts
Wanted to start my journey with SBI IPO but decided against it…will do w/ some basic knowledge + few months of observation smile

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied
Expand
getready wrote:

I am not into investing
Infact i have zero knowledge about Stock market/Demat+Trading accounts
Wanted to start my journey with SBI IPO but decided against it…will do w/ some basic knowledge + few months of observation smile

Right decision. Once there are green shoots and markets start recovering every second stock not totally put out of business would give u returns stuck_out_tongue

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Let’s see what everyone has to share. I am too small to contribute. sad

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

SIP in INDEX INDEX INDEX INDEX only (heavy sip at this time if possible ) and sit relax you will be less worried with less efforts and ahead of who watches portfolio on daily basis. (in long term)

Choose ETF which has less expense ratio & tracking error.

SBIETF (SETNIF50)
ICICISENSX
ICICINIFTY

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

How about below stocks

RAIN INDUSTRIES
IRCTC
Avanti feeds
Tata Motors
Yesbank

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Recession is coming

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

As I always said don’t go gung ho while buying stock. Everyone talks about 2008, not everyone faced it, lived it, I wont lie I did not either. Nifty fell by almost 50% in 2 months. I believe analysts break down these corrections into 3 phases, minor, major and deep. We are in major correction mode. It is not deep correction yet. So, don’t don’t don’t try to find market’s bottom. Everyone knows, everyone, 2008 was the best year for investment. So, may be 2020 is the year for you. So, if you can trade, trade like a fking Casino and pour all that money into mfs and if you can pick stocks buy em.If you can’t trade, don’t waste your time. work hard, earn hard,save harder and invest wisely.
Go with market leaders. I won’t create a mutual fund out of my portfolio. As a hint, I would go with consumption, ever green stocks. And please take care of yourself. Look at you. If you are in 30s, you will become 40 after a decade. Boy, I really want you to smile, when you retrospect the year 2020, because you took wise steps.
Jarvis Activate Warren Buffet mode in all investors.
smile

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Pm me for Groww referral link if some if planning to invest for first time.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
bikidas2060 wrote:

As a hint, I would go with consumption, ever green stocks.

Kindly name some of you fav. one smile
This is the purpose of this thread wink

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
marketdimer wrote:

Let’s see what everyone has to share. I am too small to contribute. sad

You have become diplomatic sunglasses

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
Expand
xuseronline wrote:

Kindly name some of you fav. one smile
This is the purpose of this thread wink

Bhai thoda time do. 🙂

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Buy itc after results, for long term

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
marketdimer wrote:

Let’s see what everyone has to share. I am too small to contribute. sad

Tumhe ek tetanus injection chahiye. Abhi tumhari need hai saabko. You are an experienced person. 🙂

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Right:
Toh bhaiya FMCG Sector me HUL and Varun Beverages (Withered the storm. Sala ek hi stock hai jo 870 kaa hua karta tha gir girke 702 gaya tha aaj gradually. now trading at 770), PGHH v acha hai
Auto me Tata Motors, Ashok , M&M bhai limited shares hain dhang kaa
Edit: Two wheelers me Bajaj
Insurance me ICICIGI Icici Lombard
Bank me bhai nai jaana isme, SBI lelo agar chaho toh in my opinion
Food tech me Hindustan Foods (Bhai liquidity nai, lc pr lc lag kar ab taak penny stock ban chuka hota but nai hua, toh jinda hai stock)
Aur kya bacha. Bhai I will make a proper list someday I will need time

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Pidilite
Tata consumer
Bajaj holdings

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Shopping 🛒 list

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/608031/medium/6554881ETAZcmv-Uc-AMnp-Gk.jpg?1584147330

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

1. Don’t get too excited with this fall. While it is definitely a good opportunity, if you are not having huge capital to invest in direct stocks you are not going to become rich. Sure you’ll accumulate a lot if you stay invested for years, but inflation catches up and you’ll comfortably beat inflation, that’s all.
2. You can keep buying index funds slowly as the market keeps falling. Because no one knows when the market will bounce back and where is bottom. 2008 bear market lasted for 12-18 months it seems.
3. The most important thing. Read about asset allocation and then start SIP. Just imagine your retirement is 6 months away and market crash like this comes with 100% of your money in equity funds, it will nothing but night mare. It will years to recover. So asset allocation is most important, not fund selection.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
neo13 wrote:

1. Don’t get too excited with this fall. While it is definitely a good opportunity, if you are not having huge capital to invest in direct stocks you are not going to become rich. Sure you’ll accumulate a lot if you stay invested for years, but inflation catches up and you’ll comfortably beat inflation, that’s all.
2. You can keep buying index funds slowly as the market keeps falling. Because no one knows when the market will bounce back and where is bottom. 2008 bear market lasted for 12-18 months it seems.
3. The most important thing. Read about asset allocation and then start SIP. Just imagine your retirement is 6 months away and market crash like this comes with 100% of your money in equity funds, it will nothing but night mare. It will years to recover. So asset allocation is most important, not fund selection.

4. Set your goals. How useless they may be. I have/had 13 such goals, 10 useless and 3 impotant. From world tour to child’s marriage extraveganza to buying a gaming console for kid to his shooting range fees (he can’t even hold gun right now, btw), to buying wife something on 25th anniversary (far away) and 3 important ones everyone should really have like medical expenses in future or child’s higher education and retirement.

2. Book profits if goal is met and keep booking profits when euphoria is at peak. For eg. I was like slightly away from few goal in June 2018 and still I booked profits. Later markets fell badly. Same way I redemeed everything from 3 important portfolio in January and February thanks to euphoria of irctc, sbi cards, all time high, everyone looking for tips etc. Back again with same (almost) allocation. The funds I sold at 1070-1105 I bought at 910 to 795 odd price. Same amount, higher units, profit intact.

3. Use all modes of investment. For me I have few stocks (sjvn, itc, berger, upl, abb to name a few) which keeps giving dividend or has future. Use PPF, use sukanya if blessed with daughter, use small banks FDs (have large chunk of portfolio in FDs and added more after 5 lac rule of DICGC came, was about to break a few to invest in sub-17 p/e but will wait for dust to settle), mutual funds (mix with hybrid, index, mid cap and multicap, strictly 50% in hybrid).

4. Remember your tax bracket. Use best source available to save/avoid tax. Gifts are best source to avoid tax if you can trust your relatives and they can trust you for using their name (i luckily have such in-laws and cousins).

5. Biggest takeaway, avoid noise. You will live, markets will live. When you die, you can’t do anything with money. 2001, 9/11, parliament attack, Harshad Mehta, Mumbai attack, UPA govt nuclear deal, corona, tech bubble and worst 2008. We overcame so many things. In hindsight everything looks funny and missed opportunity. Avoid media, avoid doomsday news.

6. And another most important, avoid tips, social media, telegram, twitter, whatsapp and every freaking thing which tells you they will make you rich. I get dozens of mesages every time I come back from hibernation asking tips, whatsapp requests, videos and sites to learn. Mutual funds are for you. Learn and earn. You will either become rich or get experience but do it yourself. Never rely on anyone. Never listen to anyone. Stay humble.

Baaki jo hai so haiye hai.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

[3/13, 8:27 PM] blush: Biocon, hul, HDFC, HDFC life, kotak mahindra
[3/13, 8:29 PM] blush: TCS
[3/13, 8:33 PM] blush: Bajaj finance, Maruti
[3/13, 8:34 PM] blush: Asian paints
[3/13, 8:37 PM] blush: Infosys
[3/13, 8:38 PM] blush: Coromandel international
[3/13, 8:39 PM] blush: IRCTC
[3/13, 8:41 PM] blush: Colgate
[3/13, 8:44 PM] blush: Tata steel
[3/13, 8:47 PM] blush: Inox
[3/13, 8:48 PM] blush: Apollo hospital
[3/13, 8:50 PM] blush: Amber enterprises
[3/13, 8:51 PM] blush: SBI
[3/13, 8:52 PM] blush: ICICI
[3/13, 8:52 PM] blush: Hdfc limited
[3/14, 8:49 AM] blush: Ultratech
[3/14, 8:49 AM] blush: Ambuja cement
[3/14, 8:50 AM] blush: Metal, cement, fmcg, pharma, oil market co

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Before buying anything make sure you understand the business. Due to corona thing supplies from different countries will be disrupted! Know your business and how it will impact them.
Results for two quarters will be impacted and hence keep this in mind!

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Bahut badiya sir ji smile
Thanks so much for sharing your valuable suggestions smile

use small banks FDs (have large chunk of portfolio in FDs and added more after 5 lac rule of DICGC came

Could you please tell me more about this one and DICGC came rule?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@xuseronline I think small banks fd suggested becoz they give high rate of intt like 7.5%/8%
and as per the amendment in rule customer has insurance cover of 5Lakhs (1lakh earlier) in case bank fails or bankrupts

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
marketdimer wrote:

4. Set your goals. How useless they may be. I have/had 13 such goals, 10 useless and 3 impotant. From world tour to child’s marriage extraveganza to buying a gaming console for kid to his shooting range fees (he can’t even hold gun right now, btw), to buying wife something on 25th anniversary (far away) and 3 important ones everyone should really have like medical expenses in future or child’s higher education and retirement.

2. Book profits if goal is met and keep booking profits when euphoria is at peak. For eg. I was like slightly away from few goal in June 2018 and still I booked profits. Later markets fell badly. Same way I redemeed everything from 3 important portfolio in January and February thanks to euphoria of irctc, sbi cards, all time high, everyone looking for tips etc. Back again with same (almost) allocation. The funds I sold at 1070-1105 I bought at 910 to 795 odd price. Same amount, higher units, profit intact.

3. Use all modes of investment. For me I have few stocks (sjvn, itc, berger, upl, abb to name a few) which keeps giving dividend or has future. Use PPF, use sukanya if blessed with daughter, use small banks FDs (have large chunk of portfolio in FDs and added more after 5 lac rule of DICGC came, was about to break a few to invest in sub-17 p/e but will wait for dust to settle), mutual funds (mix with hybrid, index, mid cap and multicap, strictly 50% in hybrid).

4. Remember your tax bracket. Use best source available to save/avoid tax. Gifts are best source to avoid tax if you can trust your relatives and they can trust you for using their name (i luckily have such in-laws and cousins).

5. Biggest takeaway, avoid noise. You will live, markets will live. When you die, you can’t do anything with money. 2001, 9/11, parliament attack, Harshad Mehta, Mumbai attack, UPA govt nuclear deal, corona, tech bubble and worst 2008. We overcame so many things. In hindsight everything looks funny and missed opportunity. Avoid media, avoid doomsday news.

6. And another most important, avoid tips, social media, telegram, twitter, whatsapp and every freaking thing which tells you they will make you rich. I get dozens of mesages every time I come back from hibernation asking tips, whatsapp requests, videos and sites to learn. Mutual funds are for you. Learn and earn. You will either become rich or get experience but do it yourself. Never rely on anyone. Never listen to anyone. Stay humble.

Baaki jo hai so haiye hai.

Cool, you seem to be the experienced, I just started, still learning. Goal based investing is the best thing. Please check DM.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied
bikidas2060 wrote:

As I always said don’t go gung ho while buying stock. Everyone talks about 2008, not everyone faced it, lived it, I wont lie I did not either. Nifty fell by almost 50% in 2 months. I believe analysts break down these corrections into 3 phases, minor, major and deep. We are in major correction mode. It is not deep correction yet. So, don’t don’t don’t try to find market’s bottom. Everyone knows, everyone, 2008 was the best year for investment. So, may be 2020 is the year for you. So, if you can trade, trade like a fking Casino and pour all that money into mfs and if you can pick stocks buy em.If you can’t trade, don’t waste your time. work hard, earn hard,save harder and invest wisely.
Go with market leaders. I won’t create a mutual fund out of my portfolio. As a hint, I would go with consumption, ever green stocks. And please take care of yourself. Look at you. If you are in 30s, you will become 40 after a decade. Boy, I really want you to smile, when you retrospect the year 2020, because you took wise steps.
Jarvis Activate Warren Buffet mode in all investors.
smile

Sometimes I read my own writings and can’t believe that I wrote em. 😜😁😁😁😁

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
bikidas2060 wrote:

Sometimes I read my own writings and can’t believe that I wrote em. 😜😁😁😁😁

what do you feel about it? laughing

Missing