Hot Deal STOP BUYING big items from Amazon, they stopped protective packaging!

369°
Deal Cadet
65
288
1

I bought 4 big/heavy items from Amazon recently:

Oil filled radiator heater
14 inch kids bicycle
Philips mixer grinder
Ptc fan heater

Amazon stopped packaging the products in the name of “environment friendly”!
First 3 items above were damaged because there was no protective packaging at all, original product box was damaged and obviously the items inside were damaged too. I claimed replacement for all 3 of them and specifically talked to customer care & seller that please provide proper packaging, but NO! Again sent me products without protective packaging and again got damaged.

Last item was not damaged because the default packaging by the brand has got lots of styrofoam packaging inside.

I am fed up, I was a loyal Amazon customer since 10 years but not anymore. I won’t buy big/heavy items from Amazon. I don’t think they will stop this stupid trend in the near future.

They are still providing protective packaging for electronics, cosmetics etc.

35 Comments  |  
23 Dimers
  • Sort By
3
4882
11

my experience – issued refund for damaged cycle after returning

0
842
30

Even Flipkart is doing this now a days and if we return the items then they will block the account smile

50
308
4

Amazon started India operations in 2012,how come u were loyal member of them from last 10 yrs grinning

50
365
1
binod_babu wrote:

Amazon started India operations in 2012,how come u were loyal member of them from last 10 yrs grinning

May be he used Amazon USA to ship here, I did that from 2006.

100
1929
15
binod_babu wrote:

Amazon started India operations in 2012,how come u were loyal member of them from last 10 yrs grinning

Understand the feelings, not the verbatim

100
1929
15
RaviKhanna wrote:

Even Flipkart is doing this now a days and if we return the items then they will block the account smile

Moral: Save harassment, buy offline

0
842
30
Expand
cocay wrote:

Moral: Save harassment, buy offline

Yes. It has become a habbit of buying everything online and it will take time to switch to offline.

100
1929
15
Expand
RaviKhanna wrote:

Yes. It has become a habbit of buying everything online and it will take time to switch to offline.

Don’t wait for a situation wherein they refuse return/refund or block account owing to excessive returns.

Start with buying big ticket, bulky items offline….

These days you can bargain offline quoting prices online

50
308
4
Expand
cocay wrote:

Don’t wait for a situation wherein they refuse return/refund or block account owing to excessive returns.

Start with buying big ticket, bulky items offline….

These days you can bargain offline quoting prices online

+100

3
4882
11
Expand
cocay wrote:

Don’t wait for a situation wherein they refuse return/refund or block account owing to excessive returns.

Start with buying big ticket, bulky items offline….

These days you can bargain offline quoting prices online

i tried to bargain…offline sellers also giving good discounts,

but comparing with online, no

cash back sites+bank discount+website’s cash back collect coupons+cr card reward points+return pickup(agar koi prob ho toh) etc

in sabki vajah se money save karne ke liye,hum log inke piche baag rahe hai, aur risk le rahe hai…

varna offline best for spot payment(at least for me)

24
38867
591

Really ?
I got my pantry package in a cardboard box wrapped in 10 ms of paper (i literally rolled it and kept it for some future use, it was so damn long) , i would say sheer wastage considering the kind of products i ordered (non fragile) .
Severe loopholes exist in their supply chain

58
893
3
androgame wrote:

Really ?
I got my pantry package in a cardboard box wrapped in 10 ms of paper (i literally rolled it and kept it for some future use, it was so damn long) , i would say sheer wastage considering the kind of products i ordered (non fragile) .
Severe loopholes exist in their supply chain

Same experience.

Actually orders are fulfilled and packed by humans and no two human beings pack in same manner despite identical standards (sure Amazon have strict instructions on how to pack stuff)

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up, OP.

65
288
1
Expand
bftb wrote:

Same experience.

Actually orders are fulfilled and packed by humans and no two human beings pack in same manner despite identical standards (sure Amazon have strict instructions on how to pack stuff)

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up, OP.

No man
Please read my post again.
Amazon is attaching a NOTE with the big parcels to Thank me for preventing environment damage by avoiding packaging!

So they know what they are doing, it’s a new policy by them, some Amazon official got drunk and said, what the hell, remove all protective packaging, let the customer bang his head with the damaged items inside!

65
288
1
Expand
cocay wrote:

Moral: Save harassment, buy offline

Yup, that’s what I’m going to do from now on.
I’m not lazy, just liked the huge variety of options available with online sellers. But this bitter experience has forced me to buy most items off-line from now onwards.

65
288
1
androgame wrote:

Really ?
I got my pantry package in a cardboard box wrapped in 10 ms of paper (i literally rolled it and kept it for some future use, it was so damn long) , i would say sheer wastage considering the kind of products i ordered (non fragile) .
Severe loopholes exist in their supply chain

Pantry still gets VIP treatment, I too get excessive packaging for pantry items but most pantry items are fragile like cookies, mixture, cakes other groceries, so I don’t consider them wasteful.
Even electronic items get ample packaging. My only issue is with items falling under “Home & Kitchen”, baby and toys, Amazon thinks such items are unbreakable so stopped protective packaging.

58
893
3
Expand
Arpit_Kumar wrote:

No man
Please read my post again.
Amazon is attaching a NOTE with the big parcels to Thank me for preventing environment damage by avoiding packaging!

So they know what they are doing, it’s a new policy by them, some Amazon official got drunk and said, what the hell, remove all protective packaging, let the customer bang his head with the damaged items inside!

I stand corrected. If paid in advance, I’d expect my goods to be properly packed.

Packaging avoidance causes parcel damage. Then, returning a parcel is more environmentally damaging.

Wow!

100
8736
120
androgame wrote:

Really ?
I got my pantry package in a cardboard box wrapped in 10 ms of paper (i literally rolled it and kept it for some future use, it was so damn long) , i would say sheer wastage considering the kind of products i ordered (non fragile) .
Severe loopholes exist in their supply chain

Correct

I observed this

It’s filled with loopholes

I ordered an inexpensive pantry item was packed so nicely someone could jump on it still I’d be intact and they sent my router in brand box all dented from sides,torn and what not wink

2,110
10303
88
Moderator
androgame wrote:

Really ?
I got my pantry package in a cardboard box wrapped in 10 ms of paper (i literally rolled it and kept it for some future use, it was so damn long) , i would say sheer wastage considering the kind of products i ordered (non fragile) .
Severe loopholes exist in their supply chain

Kab ki baat hai? I’ve stopped ordering pantry items since their loose/ polybag packaging. Lots of bad incidents.. angry

514
30814
332

Experienced same twice this sale
34 monitor (Just the product box..no protective packaging)
5.1 Sound system (Same ..just the box)

PS: Amazon has been doing this for years

78
3313
19
Expand
deb3l wrote:

Kab ki baat hai? I’ve stopped ordering pantry items since their loose/ polybag packaging. Lots of bad incidents.. angry

My last month pantry order came in two parts one box and one crate (which had polybags) delivered at the same time. The box had only sugar, dal, salt and lots of paper.

0
12802
135

protective packaging as in?

65
288
1
MrKool_JJ wrote:

protective packaging as in?

Means packing the original box with additional foam inside bigger box or at least some bubble wrap. Something to prevent direct impact on the product inside when amazon transport guys thrash the parcels around, step on them and dump tons of weight on tiny boxes.

631
13680
170
binod_babu wrote:

Amazon started India operations in 2012,how come u were loyal member of them from last 10 yrs grinning

Amazon stepped into Indian market in 5th June 2013.

Amazon took its first steps into the Indian market in February 2012 when it launched Junglee.com, a site which allowed customers to compare prices online but not purchase items directly.

95
1272
27

OP
Can you post pictures for the same for more clarity ?
This will be really for others dimers too , even I was about to buy mixer grinder but stopped after reading your post sweat

0
12802
135
Expand
Arpit_Kumar wrote:

Means packing the original box with additional foam inside bigger box or at least some bubble wrap. Something to prevent direct impact on the product inside when amazon transport guys thrash the parcels around, step on them and dump tons of weight on tiny boxes.

Oh got it smile

43
18204
146

They want to go green. 🙂🙂🙂 Great initiative

50
47
2
androgame wrote:

Really ?
I got my pantry package in a cardboard box wrapped in 10 ms of paper (i literally rolled it and kept it for some future use, it was so damn long) , i would say sheer wastage considering the kind of products i ordered (non fragile) .
Severe loopholes exist in their supply chain

Pantry also planning to remove pants, I guess packaging is expensive affair even for pantry. Also seller packaging is not in control of amazon apart from packaging norms which amazon controls :smile : stuck_out_tongue

24
38867
591
Expand
deb3l wrote:

Kab ki baat hai? I’ve stopped ordering pantry items since their loose/ polybag packaging. Lots of bad incidents.. angry

Very recent, October end

166
15337
34
Expand
cocay wrote:

Understand the feelings, not the verbatim

Exactly!
Lol kya re @binod_babu your comment was killer 😅
there’s a simile saying in bhaavano ko samjho 🤓

Missing