Suggest mobile phone

Suggest mobile phone

263°
Missing
Budding Star

Currently i am using Redmi note 5 pro.

Kindly suggest phone which has good performance.

My usage does not include heavy games. But i need to install 50-100 apps in my phone. RMN5 pro is getting very slow.

44 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet

Personally I prefer stock android devices.
MIUI gets super slow when that much high number of apps are installed as they are already bloated with ~50 apps which you will never use(no, they don’t appear on app drawyer but they are there, those are responsible for various features)

It’s a lame suggestion but you can go with poco f1 at 12-13k.
And then install a custom rom on top of it. As poco/xiaomi intentionally throttling the performance of poco f1 in recent updates to sale their other phones.
Even today’s 20-25k devices wont be able to beat that device’s performance.

If you don’t care about bulky design,old phone model, No-Notch display then go with this device.
custom rom/kernel support is also superb for this device.

Missing
Budding Star
ZNZ wrote:

MIUI gets super slow when that much high number of apps are installed as they are already bloated with ~50 apps which you will never use(no, they don’t appear on app drawyer but they are there, those are responsible for various features)

And then install a custom rom on top of it. As poco/xiaomi intentionally throttling the performance of poco f1 in recent updates to sale their other phones.

If you don’t care about bulky design,old phone model, No-Notch display then go with this device.

Design, phone model matters also. Need good camera also

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
AtulAggarwal wrote:

POCO F1’s camera is superb if you install Gcam.
Infact one of the bests I’ve used till now.
Don’t fall for the quad camera,pen-tuple camera hype.

Now the main thing.

Whichever phone you buy check if it has ufs 3.0 if you’re looking for new phone model.
As you use so many apps this feature is really important for you.

If you’re not bound by any budget then go for oneplus devices.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
AtulAggarwal wrote:

Budget?
If 15-17k is okay then go for poco X2 best cam and performance in this price range sunglasses
#jjbassnaamhikafi h smiley

Missing
Deal Subedar
ZNZ wrote:

12-13k? Where?
Order one for me please

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

Budget?
If 15-17k is okay then go for poco X2 best cam and performance in this price range sunglasses
#jjbassnaamhikafi h smiley

Yeah,
POCO X2 is quite good. Superb Camera and design also.

But it’s nowhere comparable to SD845 of F1.

Poco F2 may release in coming days very soon. I think you should wait till then.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
ZNZ wrote:

Yeah,
POCO X2 is quite good. Superb Camera and design also.

But it’s nowhere comparable to SD845 of F1.

Poco F2 may release in coming days very soon. I think you should wait till then.

He will be happy with X2 as well.
F2 will be really very expensive

Missing
Budding Star
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

Costly does not matters. I can go upto 30k. But it should be worth price.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
AtulAggarwal wrote:

Costly does not matters. I can go upto 30k. But it should be worth price.

Really doesn’t make sense bro
X2 has almost everything u need in a smartphone. U hardly will find any difference mahn coz it’s Snapdragon architecture

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

X2 is not only very heavy but very bulky too. You need to be atleast 7 feet to hold and use this phone comfortably

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
cocay wrote:

X2 is not only very heavy but very bulky too. You need to be atleast 7 feet to hold and use this phone comfortably

7 feet hahaa
I guess it’s around 210 grams
I don’t know

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
cocay wrote:

12-13k? Where?
Order one for me please

I bought it for 13,398 from flipkart for my dad, the 128 GB variant. On october,2019.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
ZNZ wrote:

I bought it for 13,398 from flipkart for my dad, the 128 GB variant. On october,2019.

Was it refurbished, used? Working good? Do you wanna sell this?

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
cocay wrote:

Was it refurbished, used? Working good? Do you wanna sell this?

No it was not refubrished. It was new mobile.
But 1 thing, MIUI sucks.And they throttle performance and camera quality on stock firmware.

In sales flipkart/amazon usually sells this mobile at this price.
So if you really wanna buy look it up on sale days.

Bought it when this deal was running. https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
ZNZ wrote:

No it was not refubrished. It was new mobile.
But 1 thing, MIUI sucks.And they throttle performance and camera quality on stock firmware.

In sales flipkart/amazon usually sells this mobile at this price.
So if you really wanna buy look it up on sale days.

Bought it when this deal was running. https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...

I don’t think this phone is coming back at this price until prime sale in July

Missing
Critic

@ZNZ Stock android indeed runs a bit smoother but it also lacks a lot of features.e.g.in miui 11 I get scrolling screenshot capture,screen recorder,call recorder all by default while on latest stock android 9 & 10 you will have to spend ~600 just to get a good working call recording app(he tried all the free ones & even some good paid ones but finally ended up buying this Rs.600 app which was the only one that worked on his stock android 9/10 rom). As for lagging again it depends on your usage & what settings/updates you install. I for one don’t always install miui 11 updates immediately but rather read xda forum & mi India forum for reviews for at least 1-2 months before trying an update. In my opinion stock android is not worth it for many people especially if you have a phone with at least 6gb ram which you should have anyway nowadays.

Missing
Deal Cadet
guest_999 wrote:

@ZNZ Stock android indeed runs a bit smoother but it also lacks a lot of features.e.g.in miui 11 I get scrolling screenshot capture,screen recorder,call recorder all by default while on latest stock android 9 & 10 you will have to spend ~600 just to get a good working call recording app(he tried all the free ones & even some good paid ones but finally ended up buying this Rs.600 app which was the only one that worked on his stock android 9/10 rom). As for lagging again it depends on your usage & what settings/updates you install. I for one don’t always install miui 11 updates immediately but rather read xda forum & mi India forum for reviews for at least 1-2 months before trying an update. In my opinion stock android is not worth it for many people especially if you have a phone with at least 6gb ram which you should have anyway nowadays.

One best thing about xiaomi is , Most of their good devices have good custom roms.
As they always release kernel source /device tree on github.

So If you’re a lil bit tech savvy it’s always better to install custom roms after you get fed up using MIUI .

In most of the custom roms you can get waay more meaningful customization than MIUI .

PS:-Never used a phone till date without custom rom. If I get a new phone, very next day I install a custom rom, even earlier than getting a screenguard or case smile

Missing
Analyst
guest_999 wrote:

Custom ROMs are mostly way more feature-filled than Stock Android. There are a handful like Pixel Experience, Lineage OS that stick closer to vanilla AOSP but even they have recently started adding more customization. Stock Android as in Pixel/Android One devices aren’t comparable at all to the overwhelming majority of custom ROMs. All of the features you mentioned were already available on Android 9 ROMs and most Android 10 ROMs are getting there as well. Personally I am on crDroid 6.5 and its all in-built. Extreme amount of customization although relative to crDroid 5.x code right now not all features have been added.
Moto’s IR Face Unlock for ex. was ported recently to 10 ROMs.
MIUI with its many lame limitations is intolerable. Good thing mine took less than 5 minutes to unlock the bootloader.

Missing
Critic
Expand
ZNZ wrote:

One best thing about xiaomi is , Most of their good devices have good custom roms.
As they always release kernel source /device tree on github.

So If you’re a lil bit tech savvy it’s always better to install custom roms after you get fed up using MIUI .

In most of the custom roms you can get waay more meaningful customization than MIUI .

PS:-Never used a phone till date without custom rom. If I get a new phone, very next day I install a custom rom, even earlier than getting a screenguard or case smile

Yeah that’s why I prefer Xiaomi over realme,vivo,oppo etc as at least I have the option to upgrade to custom rom in future if I feel like it. smile

Missing
Critic
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

Custom ROMs are mostly way more feature-filled than Stock Android. There are a handful like Pixel Experience, Lineage OS that stick closer to vanilla AOSP but even they have recently started adding more customization. Stock Android as in Pixel/Android One devices aren’t comparable at all to the overwhelming majority of custom ROMs. All of the features you mentioned were already available on Android 9 ROMs and most Android 10 ROMs are getting there as well. Personally I am on crDroid 6.5 and its all in-built. Extreme amount of customization although relative to crDroid 5.x code right now not all features have been added.
Moto’s IR Face Unlock for ex. was ported recently to 10 ROMs.
MIUI with its many lame limitations is intolerable. Good thing mine took less than 5 minutes to unlock the bootloader.

Yes that is true but have you found/used a call recording app which works exactly the way as it should in latest android 9/10 custom roms because I have seen someone not able to do it without having to spend ~600 on a paid app while using latest android 9/10 custom rom. I always thought Havoc OS has the most customization among custom roms though. smile

Missing
Analyst
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Yes that is true but have you found/used a call recording app which works exactly the way as it should in latest android 9/10 custom roms because I have seen someone not able to do it without having to spend ~600 on a paid app while using latest android 9/10 custom rom. I always thought Havoc OS has the most customization among custom roms though. smile

Yes in crDroid 6.4 (latest is 6.5) its built-in and works flawlessly. Havoc OS offers an ungodly amount of customization but it also depends on the device and the current state of code bringup. For example official Havoc 3.x for Redmi Note 3 right now has much less customization enabled as its still early days.

Missing
Blogger

buy last gen samsung flagships

Missing
Deal Cadet
ZNZ wrote:

Kash mujhe b kisi ne aise samjhaya hota cry

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

Yes in crDroid 6.4 (latest is 6.5) its built-in and works flawlessly. Havoc OS offers an ungodly amount of customization but it also depends on the device and the current state of code bringup. For example official Havoc 3.x for Redmi Note 3 right now has much less customization enabled as its still early days.

Yeah, at first I hesitated to use Havoc OS. As it was lesser known rom compared to lineage/pixel experience/crdroid etc.

But when I installed that rom I was amazed with the level of features it offers.
And the performance was also very good.
Currently using it on my Mi A2. (As after 10 update , stock firmware sux af)

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

If you’re on custom rom. (And if your custom rom does not have call recorder by default)
Install magisk and search in magisk manager for call recorder. . You can download it from here too and enable it in magisk manager after installing https://callrecorder.skvalex.c...et .
I’m sure it will work better than other apps on your device as it will have root privilages .

Missing
Deal Baba

OnePlus lo best hai …
Ek baar OnePlus lo fir 5 saal ka kaam ho gaya …

Missing
Deal Newbie
Expand
cocay wrote:

12-13k? Where?
Order one for me please

Which ones are stock android phones …are they better than pocof1?

Missing
Budding Star
_Munna_michael_ wrote:

OnePlus lo best hai …
Ek baar OnePlus lo fir 5 saal ka kaam ho gaya …

Kindly suggest best model in budget(30k max)

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
sidanagautam991 wrote:

Which ones are stock android phones …are they better than pocof1?

Mi A3 is stock Android. Other than this, I don’t know any.
I had used A2 earlier and I didn’t like stock Android at all. It had no utilities that usually come with miui or other rom which to me looked more like a disadvantage rather than advantage.
Poco is a phone with great hardware. To beat this phone in performance is no easy task for phones upto 20k in today’s market

Missing