Suggestion - Best Ultrabooks of all time -YOGA/ZENBOOK/SurfacePRO

219°
Missing
Deal Newbie
61
94
2

Can anyone suggest best laptop below 1 lakh

25 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
Missing
Analyst
101
6353
175
BubbleBoyChickenLittle wrote:

@LIMBO

I am not really inclined to research the very, very limited Ultrabooks but if I get some time I might.
P.S. Even the highly reviewed ones like Dell XPS 13 or MS Surface series are beset with numerous issues ranging from minor to pretty serious.
Battery life degrading and not infrequently bulging within 1 year in XPS, coil whine, thermal throttling. Surface series has had sub-par wireless since forever. Numerous software bugs which take a surprisingly long time to squash. When you get past the shiny its a shit-storm. Plus practically zero upgrades/extortionate repair costs. Official upgrades costs make Apple seem rational in comparison.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
503
4158
48

LG gram.

Missing
Critic
373
3641
48

define ultrabook

Missing
Blogger
0
2055
55
panchabhut wrote:

define ultrabook

mostly with ultra low voltage processor , no fans often, only ssd, 14 inch or below

very light weight

Missing
Critic
373
3641
48
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

mostly with ultra low voltage processor , no fans often, only ssd, 14 inch or below

very light weight

I am using HP Envy 13 with i7 7th gen, 512 GB SSD and 8 GB RAM for last 2 1/2 years. It weighs about 1.25 Kg. So would that be a ultrabook.

Missing
Blogger
0
2055
55
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

I am using HP Envy 13 with i7 7th gen, 512 GB SSD and 8 GB RAM for last 2 1/2 years. It weighs about 1.25 Kg. So would that be a ultrabook.

yess

Missing
Super Moderator
198
17510
323

Go for Macbook air

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
503
4158
48
cm4444 wrote:

Go for Macbook air

Not recommended.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
503
4158
48
Expand
cm4444 wrote:

Why?

repairability is a big issue. if anything happens they’ll just tell you to replace motherboard which ll cost you 70% of the device. You have to pay a hefty amount for Extended warranty. you should only go for mac if macOS is a must for you. op listed some windows based laptops so I think macOS, not his requirement. so it’s better to go with other windows laptops which provides better value for money.

Missing
Super Moderator
198
17510
323
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

I am not really inclined to research the very, very limited Ultrabooks but if I get some time I might.
P.S. Even the highly reviewed ones like Dell XPS 13 or MS Surface series are beset with numerous issues ranging from minor to pretty serious.
Battery life degrading and not infrequently bulging within 1 year in XPS, coil whine, thermal throttling. Surface series has had sub-par wireless since forever. Numerous software bugs which take a surprisingly long time to squash. When you get past the shiny its a shit-storm. Plus practically zero upgrades/extortionate repair costs. Official upgrades costs make Apple seem rational in comparison.

Bhai what brand/line is good in terms of Reliability & Built Quality, apart from Macbook and Thinkpad?
And in your opinion, whats the order among these, from good to bad?

Missing
Deal Major
7,180
23702
297
Expand
cm4444 wrote:

Bhai what brand/line is good in terms of Reliability & Built Quality, apart from Macbook and Thinkpad?
And in your opinion, whats the order among these, from good to bad?

I think MacBook tops the list (Surface book is way too costly (Surface pro ..its more like a tablet than a laptop) so I’m ignoring it) .. other brands more or less the same (Dell XPS, HP Spectre, Lenovo Yoga (ThinkPad not exactly ultrabook), Asus Zenbook
I have had HP Spectre. That laptop had a long list of issues, been following HP forums ever since (No follow up model is issue pro) + I don’t think these ultrabook (especially the sleekest ones like the recent spectre) have better cooling system. They do advertise things differently but real world performance is different

Missing
Analyst
101
6353
175
Expand
cm4444 wrote:

Bhai what brand/line is good in terms of Reliability & Built Quality, apart from Macbook and Thinkpad?
And in your opinion, whats the order among these, from good to bad?

Macbooks have had many issues of late! Thermal throttling has been an almost ever present issue thanks to the style-over-substance philosophy. The keyboard is need of a fix still.
There’s no single product that has zero issues. Hard to recommend one. Just buy one that’s within your budget, meets a certain set of features and has been well received by the experts. Then check user reviews for the next few months. Get the extended warranty if available. Though it tends to be excruciatingly expensive at least in case of Dell XPS and Apple.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
81
5096
91
panchabhut wrote:

define ultrabook

Ultrabook is an Intel specification and trademark1 for a line of high-end subnotebook computers featuring reduced bulk without compromising battery life. Ultrabooks use low-power Intel Core processors, solid-state drives, and a unibody chassis to help meet these criteria.2 Due to their limited size, Ultrabooks typically omit traditional laptop features such as optical disc drives3 and Ethernet ports.[citation needed] The name “Ultrabook” represents a portmanteau of the words “ultraportable” and “notebook”
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrabook#Specifi...

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
81
5096
91
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

I am using HP Envy 13 with i7 7th gen, 512 GB SSD and 8 GB RAM for last 2 1/2 years. It weighs about 1.25 Kg. So would that be a ultrabook.

Yess bro.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
81
5096
91

Why pay such exorbitant price for a ultrabook,? I apologise for asking such a question. In ultrabooks you ll get light weightness n extra battery life. But you’ll get almost everything soldered to the motherboard. It’s an issue. Otherwise you can state your requirements and we can find a good laptop for you. But please don’t go with ambiguous terms like ultrabooks. State your exact requirements.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
73
0
cm4444 wrote:

Go for Macbook air

Are you recommending the latest model?

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
81
5096
91
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

In that case, I am highly satisfied with HP Envy 13

I too envy it bro. 😍😍😍😍

Missing
Super Moderator
198
17510
323
Expand
coderguy wrote:

Are you recommending the latest model?

Yes, the 256gb version was available for less than 90k in 29 sept-4 oct sale.

Missing