suggestion required: HDFc money back to HDFC regelia

258°
Deal Cadet
navkr

I received a sms that i am elligible for HDFC Regelia Credit Card upgrade. Current card is LTF and uses are less only maximum 1L spend over year.
Experts need your suggestions please. shall i opt for Regelia CC?


Update: went for upgrade after confirmation with CC its LTF and with Rs 500 Amazon voucher as welcome gift

45 Comments  |  
24 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Regalia is much better than Money back. Check if you are getting Regalia as LTF as HDFC is issuing this as LTF for some customers.
Spend based waiver is 3 lac per year.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
soccergiants wrote:

Regalia is much better than Money back. Check if you are getting Regalia as LTF as HDFC is issuing this as LTF for some customers.
Spend based waiver is 3 lac per year.

Any specific advantage of regalia over money back?
As I used to get 500 voucher for every 50K spend on Money Back card in each quarter.
With Regalia I am not getting anything

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Vinod358 wrote:

Any specific advantage of regalia over money back?
As I used to get 500 voucher for every 50K spend on Money Back card in each quarter.
With Regalia I am not getting anything

Priority pass , higher reward points per 150 , domestic lounge access
Only get reg if you get it LTF else dont bother 3L spends on reg is not worth it

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Go for Regalia if it is LTF, in future you will get option to upgrade DCB and then Infinia

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

you could have got regalia at LTF (for all applicants) if u had got regalia b4 31st december. There was a offer running at that time. Now, its user specific.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
SastaRaju wrote:

Priority pass , higher reward points per 150 , domestic lounge access
Only get reg if you get it LTF else dont bother 3L spends on reg is not worth it

TFS

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Expand
SastaRaju wrote:

Priority pass , higher reward points per 150 , domestic lounge access
Only get reg if you get it LTF else dont bother 3L spends on reg is not worth it

Even at 3 lac spend it is very good card as you get 18 free lounge access and currency markup fee is very low. Also higher reward rates at smartbuy and rewards on point redemption.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
soccergiants wrote:

Even at 3 lac spend it is very good card as you get 18 free lounge access and currency markup fee is very low. Also higher reward rates at smartbuy and rewards on point redemption.

Op uses only 1lac a year for that without LTF he/she has to shell out 3k for annual fees which is not justified

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Guys how abt upgrading moneyback to millenia.? Worth it? Can achieve spends by buying az gv on smartbuy.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Thank you guys. Will talk to CC whether it would be LTF. If yes then will go for it

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Off topic: Do we have an option in Regalia first to convert reward points against statement balance like money back card?

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Nighthawk69 wrote:

Off topic: Do we have an option in Regalia first to convert reward points against statement balance like money back card?

All HDFC cards have this option..
check in net banking.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

I think it’s worth upgrading as you’ll get regalia as also LTF smile

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Nighthawk69 wrote:

Off topic: Do we have an option in Regalia first to convert reward points against statement balance like money back card?

Yes you have that option but reward rate will be halved if redeemed against statement

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
adrishya wrote:

Guys how abt upgrading moneyback to millenia.? Worth it? Can achieve spends by buying az gv on smartbuy.

Only if you think you can achieve at least 2500 rp per year, then you can upgrade to millennia. Miillenia card also has minimum spend conditions for 2.5x and 5x rewards. Check in detail and only then go for it.

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
Fanil wrote:

Only if you think you can achieve at least 2500 rp per year, then you can upgrade to millennia. Miillenia card also has minimum spend conditions for 2.5x and 5x rewards. Check in detail and only then go for it.

How much will i have to spend for 2500 rp on smartbuy?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
aswaniexpress wrote:

All HDFC cards have this option..
check in net banking.

I’m reconfirming because earlier I had snapdeal card which gave only snapdeal vouchers. Thanks

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Fanil wrote:

Yes you have that option but reward rate will be halved if redeemed against statement

That’s disappointing

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
adrishya wrote:

How much will i have to spend for 2500 rp on smartbuy?

Worst case scenario (considering 1% cashback on all offline/wallet reloads ) you need to spend 2,50,000 per year. The best case scenario (considering 5% cashback on smartbuy transactions) is 50,000.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Nighthawk69 wrote:

That’s disappointing

Redeem Amazon vouchers sell it at 2% off and use that to pay credit card bill.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Fanil wrote:

Redeem Amazon vouchers sell it at 2% off and use that to pay credit card bill.

Thanks for your suggestion.. so as per your observation reward points to GV fetches maximum benefit.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Nighthawk69 wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion.. so as per your observation reward points to GV fetches maximum benefit.

If you have upcoming flight bookings, you can go ahead with flight redemptions. This will be slightly more than that for gv. But only 70% of the amount may be paid using points remaining 30% needs to be paid via card.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Fanil wrote:

If you have upcoming flight bookings, you can go ahead with flight redemptions. This will be slightly more than that for gv. But only 70% of the amount may be paid using points remaining 30% needs to be paid via card.

Got it. Thanks for the inside details. +KG

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
Fanil wrote:

Worst case scenario (considering 1% cashback on all offline/wallet reloads ) you need to spend 2,50,000 per year. The best case scenario (considering 5% cashback on smartbuy transactions) is 50,000.

50k is not bad. Only 5k a month. Will try to get millenia

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
adrishya wrote:

50k is not bad. Only 5k a month. Will try to get millenia

Monthly cap for 5% cb is 2k per month if you buy through smartbuy.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Gaurav_G wrote:

I think it’s worth upgrading as you’ll get regalia as also LTF smile

It is LTF as confirmed with CC.

Missing