Suggestions for 55" TV

72°
Deal Cadet
sliced

Hello, I am looking to purchase 55" tv. Have been to Reliance Digital and the sales person suggested Sony 55X80J model. It’s quite good, but an expensive one. It costs around 76k after discounts.

All the TVs come with 1 year warranty and extended warranty costs a lot. For Sony 55X80J Reliance Digital costs 7k+ for one year extended warranty.

As far as I have read, the life of a large size tv is not more than 3-4 years(5 in some cases). So I am not convinced to put such a large amount.

I am looking for suggestions and confused between Samsung, Lg and Nokia 55" models in the range 50~.

Thank you for reading and your suggestions.


18 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

either go for OLED,  or buy cheaper VU,  hisense LED tv. 

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

55X80J was availabel at 62-65k in Diwali sale in Croma. you missed it.

Keep checking running sale in Croma website.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

VU or hisense with 3 year company warranty 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
karanoshan wrote:

VU or hisense with 3 year company warranty 

How is the services of VU or hisense? I never had any products of these companies.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Par_ wrote:

55X80J was availabel at 62-65k in Diwali sale in Croma. you missed it.

Keep checking running sale in Croma website.

Oh no, that must have been a steal. Any idea when a next sale may come?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
sliced wrote:

What’s so special about OLED?

Hot girl vs super hot girl

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
sliced wrote:

Oh no, that must have been a steal. Any idea when a next sale may come?

No idea. 
keep checking croma because same price came once after that sale.
My friend bought from croma store with discounted price in that sale.

Post Tycoon Post Tycoon
Link Copied

Don’t buy cheap branded TVs like some mentioned. Stick to major players like LG, Samsung, Sony when it comes to TV. The display and UI quality is low for such cheap TV.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Using VU for past 4 years without any issue.


Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
LordGane wrote:

Don’t buy cheap branded TVs like some mentioned. Stick to major players like LG, Samsung, Sony when it comes to TV. The display and UI quality is low for such cheap TV.

So i went with Samsung after vu, tcl etc and currently i am over 4 weeks waiting for resolution on picture and motherboard damage. Tv is one year-old and i got 3 years warranty.

The proposed solution from Samsung to deduct 19‰ amount and offer Samsung voucher which offcourse I refused and lodged a. Consumer case.

In short, three things won’t stick for long regardless of brand imo -

1. Gf
2. Nature’s call
3. Electronics

Post Tycoon Post Tycoon
Link Copied
Expand
CMGG wrote:

So i went with Samsung after vu, tcl etc and currently i am over 4 weeks waiting for resolution on picture and motherboard damage. Tv is one year-old and i got 3 years warranty.

The proposed solution from Samsung to deduct 19‰ amount and offer Samsung voucher which offcourse I refused and lodged a. Consumer case.

In short, three things won’t stick for long regardless of brand imo -

1. Gf
2. Nature’s call
3. Electronics

There are lakhs of TV get sold by big brands and the % of repairs is practically low for good brands. Unless a Tv had damages due to bad electricity which is not covered under warranty by any brand, no brand will simply deny warranty just like that. There is a chip shortage currently all over too causing delays.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
LordGane wrote:

Which is why vu or hisense or Samsung etc will have same chances of failure, regarding the shortage, it’s not my problem if they have or not,

As per standard practice you will need to return full money or replace product but Samsung is trying to Clearing their loss by simply deducting from payment stating that we don’t have part is unethical and against customer protection copa law.

Which is why  vu or hisense or Samsung etc will have same chances of failure, regarding the shortage, it’s not my problem if they have or not,

As per standard practice you will need to return full money or replace product but Samsung is trying to Clearing their loss by simply deducting from payment stating that we don’t have part is unethical and against customer protection copa law.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
anuragingle122 wrote:

wait for 26 jan sales if you can

Wow, will there be a sale on 26th Jan? Surely I can wait.

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply