Hot Deal supreme-court-allows-centre-to-recover-rs-1-3-lakh-crore-from-telecom-companies-2121996

370°
66 Comments  |  
25 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet

Best is to recharge BSNL plan of 15 months , they surely give 4g network in coming days

Missing
Deal Subedar

For recovering 7 billion dollars from both airtel & voda. They have risked their around 20 billion above spectrum charges which is due to dot by telecom operators. ( In case any company go for bankruptcy after 2-3 years, DOT WILL GET THULLU). If bankruptcy happen then the competition will be killed. It is both bad for consumers and Dot. no one would be able take part in spectrum auction 5g. Dot will not able to get the extraordinary price for spectrum which is most costly in the world. They will be slave to jio.

Missing
Deal Cadet

Why airtel stock is going up??

Missing
Deal Cadet
Chikky wrote:

Because everyone know that Airtel will be able to recover all debt by hook or crook. They are expert in silent extortion and thievery.

Missing
Blogger
Expand
P_A_N_K_A_J wrote:

Whatever that interest is i need that on my savings account of FD😅 @rogerthat babuji any idea

that is corporate tax 30%

Missing
Deal Newbie
Imharsh wrote:

may be idea shut down in future
mere sab balance doobega lol, jaise aircel me dooba

smile
Missing
Deal Cadet

Lagnewale hay . Bhai log recharge karlo jaldi

Missing
Blogger
iamshashikant wrote:

Lagnewale hay . Bhai log recharge karlo jaldi

mera recharge khatam ho raha hai kal

sahi yaad dila diya aapne

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

mera recharge khatam ho raha hai kal

Bhai ye cr Mai hay . Cos Ko cr may payment dene honge toh 1/2 months may date packs will be costlier by 10/20% pakka .

Missing
Critic
Chikky wrote:

airtel stock going up due to Jio decisions. market expect shift of high value customers to airtel

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

airtel stock going up due to Jio decisions. market expect shift of high value customers to airtel

So More Will Be Porting To Airtel ?

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
sherlock wrote:

anyone remember the Vodafone Tax Evasion Case ? When our govt faced the loss of 12000 Crores by Vodafone?

Karma is being served !!

Yes bro. Karma is served

Missing
Critic
Expand
M.MAHI wrote:

So More Will Be Porting To Airtel ?

airtel definitely gives better value for money to high value customers, particularly those who need multiple connections for their family and is willing to go postpaid

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
DaBomb wrote:

Wtf is this shitty logic man? So according to you government should not collect all those tax and interest/penalty dues from these Telecom companies (even after SC verdict to do same) ?
Note: you want to make all Telecom corporate tax free and instead of that tax more on common man?? Btw stop bringing bank in everything. PMC bank higher authorities were crook and thugs.

It’s not a shitty logic.. This is how economy works on lending. You would not have said if you know the impact on other banks and NBFC, when single institute IL&FS collapsed. Also many banks are facing NPA issue due to economy slowdown. (Many companies are defaulting the installments due to loss)

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
DaBomb wrote:

Data is cheap and it was always the case. AVOID and gang extorted users with ridiculous charges. Vodafone is still activating VAS randomly on users numbers (I am a victim too). They spent billions on ads (remember that dog and Airtel 4g girl…. I wanted to smash my screen after seeing it countless times) but not on service or infrastructure. Now their loot time is over and they are crying.

I was paying 3000+ INR/month for 24 GB data and 1000 minute calls to Chortel and Idea, now I pay 150 Rs/month to JIO and it gives me way better services (45 GB data and more minutes of call).

First of all, optical fiber network is capital intensive. RIL has debt of 1 lac cr for this JIO. Data became cheap due to quick transition from 3G to 4G. but eventually, all this will be coming to end users. Do you think RIL has taken so much of debt just to give you cheap data? RIL is for business not for any social service.

Monopoly is good for business and competition is good for consumers. Having no competition gives JIO pricing power and JIO might act the same which Airtel/Vodafone used to do before.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/t...

I can give you recent example.

Remember those days when OLA and UBER used to charge 6 Rs/km only. People were praising OLA and UBER like anything and cursing other services. Those services are gone and now if you calculate closely you are paying 15 to 50 Rs/km to these OLA/UBER.

As a consumer, we need Vodafone/Airtel/Idea so that JIO charge reasonably.

Also, people don’t face any VAS activation issue, if the number is fully registered under DND.

Missing
Critic
Expand
DaBomb wrote:

Data is cheap and it was always the case. AVOID and gang extorted users with ridiculous charges. Vodafone is still activating VAS randomly on users numbers (I am a victim too). They spent billions on ads (remember that dog and Airtel 4g girl…. I wanted to smash my screen after seeing it countless times) but not on service or infrastructure. Now their loot time is over and they are crying.

I was paying 3000+ INR/month for 24 GB data and 1000 minute calls to Chortel and Idea, now I pay 150 Rs/month to JIO and it gives me way better services (45 GB data and more minutes of call).

I used to pay 999/mth for 60 GB data on EVDO Rev.B with minimum 1 mbps speed and no daily limits before the Ambani destroyed CDMA/EVDO in India to ensure smooth entry of Jio.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

First of all, optical fiber network is capital intensive. RIL has debt of 1 lac cr for this JIO. Data became cheap due to quick transition from 3G to 4G. but eventually, all this will be coming to end users. Do you think RIL has taken so much of debt just to give you cheap data? RIL is for business not for any social service.

Monopoly is good for business and competition is good for consumers. Having no competition gives JIO pricing power and JIO might act the same which Airtel/Vodafone used to do before.

Remember those days when OLA and UBER used to charge 6 Rs/km only. People were praising OLA and UBER like anything and cursing other services. Those services are gone and now if you calculate closely you are paying 15 to 50 Rs/km to these OLA/UBER.

Also, people don’t face any VAS activation issue, if the number is fully registered under DND.

Excatly.

Yes the data is always cheap, it is the technology for which we are paying.

We cannot blame telephony systems which made us to give 30-40 rs / minutes just as call charges. Jio used technology efficiently buy taking money from our banks and others jus followed.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

It’s not a shitty logic.. This is how economy works on lending. You would not have said if you know the impact on other banks and NBFC, when single institute IL&FS collapsed. Also many banks are facing NPA issue due to economy slowdown. (Many companies are defaulting the installments due to loss)

They own government taxes and they have to pay it, period. You are bringing lost of unnecessary stuff to make it messy.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

First of all, stop your day dreaming. Vodafone is activating VAS on my number and deducting balance weekly despite deactivating same in previous month. I have checked it on internet and may people are facing same random VAS activation issue. I have never faced this issue with JIO. I used to pay 3000+ INR for 24 GB data and 1000 min of calls, Now i pay 150 INR or less for more data and calls.
Note: Before jio many telecom service provider were providing services however no one gave any competitive pricing, all were busy in looting. This scenario changed only when JIO came in picture. I dont think JIO will ever charge 3000+ Rs for 24 GB data and 1000 min of calls or 250 Rs for 1 GB data or 1-1.2 Rs/min for calls.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

I used to pay 999/mth for 60 GB data on EVDO Rev.B with minimum 1 mbps speed and no daily limits before the Ambani destroyed CDMA/EVDO in India to ensure smooth entry of Jio.

I used EVDO for few days, but they were useless while traveling/moving. They had signal in limited places and were useful only within city (and certain locality within city). But still its pricing was way better than AVOID gang service price.

Missing
Deal Subedar
loki77 wrote:

If operators are looting Then y operators are shuting down and getting merged now BSNL and MTNL recently merger news has come out.. many jobs are in trouble directly and indirectly …. surely charges will go up looks like..

There are board of directors and others in the higher management who control the company. Their only interest is to pay themselves enough in salaries and bonuses no matter the state of the company for as long as possible. This is the oldest trick in the book in western countries. They will leech off as much money as possible leaving the company gasping for breath and then say the company is drowning and jump ship. The company will say its bankrupt and be sold off for peanuts in the end.

Missing
Deal Subedar
DealLooter wrote:

Telcos Will Have to Pay Rs 92,000 Crore to Government as SC Rules on AGR Definition

Be ready to pay 200/GB from next year
History repeats… sad

Only around half of it has to be paid since only Airtel, Idea-Vode are left. The rest shut shop.
All the companies knew they would never win after losing at every possible level, but still kept pushing it. Interest and penalties are more than the original amount to be paid. They all knew. Nobody should feel sorry for them.

Missing
Deal Subedar
aftabz wrote:

But it’s not good for consumers?
This is all done by Jio’s plans
All operator are having 5lakh crore debt…
After yesterday’s news some banks shares came down , as they gave loan to these operator s, .

If banks fails means , our deposited money is in danger.

How is this Jio’s plans?
Explain yourself.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

How is this Jio’s plans?
Explain yourself.

Is it justified to give 1 year free services???

Do you thinks will there be any competition if you give services free

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
DaBomb wrote:

First of all, stop your day dreaming. Vodafone is activating VAS on my number and deducting balance weekly despite deactivating same in previous month. I have checked it on internet and may people are facing same random VAS activation issue. I have never faced this issue with JIO. I used to pay 3000+ INR for 24 GB data and 1000 min of calls, Now i pay 150 INR or less for more data and calls.
Note: Before jio many telecom service provider were providing services however no one gave any competitive pricing, all were busy in looting. This scenario changed only when JIO came in picture. I dont think JIO will ever charge 3000+ Rs for 24 GB data and 1000 min of calls or 250 Rs for 1 GB data or 1-1.2 Rs/min for calls.

It is not day dreaming. I don’t blame without understanding or experience. Only amateurs assume things and blame others.
First understand how economy works then you will understand. JIO is also making loss. Debt of 1 lac crore is much more than the operating profit. Just that it shows debt under RIL instead of JIO.

I am having JIO, Vodafone, Airtel, Tata Docomo in my family since 7-8 years. Never faced any issue with VAS activation. Most of users, don’t know about DND services. Lack of knowledge is issue.

As far as pricing is concerned. There is no points of discussing since you don’t understand business strategy. I already provided the other example. still you saying the same points.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
aftabz wrote:

Airtel and gang pricing was daylight robbery and extortion. I was forced to pay 3000+ RS for 24 GB data and 1000 calls. They killed themselves. If they had reduces priced before jio then no one would have shifted to jio, at least I won’t (but they looted customers as long as they could). I don’t have sympathy for them. Then did not pay taxes and we’re trying to bade it however after supreme Court judgement they have to pay it.

Note: what 1 year services you are talking about? I got trial services for 3 months only.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
aftabz wrote:

How did u get free services for 1 year?

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

I was paying 250-300rs per GB too to Airtel 2G in the name of 4G.
Over 400rs per month on postpaid for bad services and network.
I need those good old 2016 days back.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

I was paying 250-300rs per GB too to Airtel 2G in the name of 4G.
Over 400rs per month on postpaid for bad services and network.
I need those good old 2016 days back.

technology shifts comes eventually not instant. There is no 4G before JIO launch.

You can not compare prices of 2 different technologies. I will give you one more example. Memory was costly. Read Moore’s law. Comparing 2000 price and 2019 doesn’t makes sense.

https://jcmit.net/memorypri...tm

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

It is not day dreaming. I don’t blame without understanding or experience. Only amateurs assume things and blame others.
First understand how economy works then you will understand. JIO is also making loss. Debt of 1 lac crore is much more than the operating profit. Just that it shows debt under RIL instead of JIO.

I am having JIO, Vodafone, Airtel, Tata Docomo in my family since 7-8 years. Never faced any issue with VAS activation. Most of users, don’t know about DND services. Lack of knowledge is issue.

As far as pricing is concerned. There is no points of discussing since you don’t understand business strategy. I already provided the other example. still you saying the same points.

Many services and important SMS gets blocked due to full DND activation, so its not useful for me to activate DND. But does that give service provider right to activate VAS and deduct balance on weekly basis? Are you implying that people who do not activate DND will have their balance deducted with random VAS activation??

Note: Why would i care about RIL or JIO or Chortel cartel debt? do they care about my debt?? all i care about is service i am getting against payment i am doing.

Missing